Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > West Country > Somerset (England) > Wincanton
Wincanton is a town in Somerset. Midway between Alfred's Tower and Glastonbury Tor.
Regular bus service using the Yeovil - Gillinham Service.
- 1 The Dogs (The Old House). Built around 1650.
- Monthly Farmer's Market. First Friday of the month.
- 1 The Cunning Artificer's Discworld Emporium, 41 High St, BA9 9JU, ☎ . M-Tu, F-Sa: 10AM-4PM Su, W-Th: Closed. Beware the army of cats: Flo, Daughter of Molly, Tipu, Dundee and Molly.
Fish and chip shops
- 1 Wincanton Fish Bar, 5 Station Rd, BA9 9EL, ☎ . Su-M: Closed, Tu-Sa: noon-1:45PM, 5PM-8:30PM.
- 1 The Bear Inn, 12 Market Pl, BA9 9JN, ☎ . Meet the Liamburger dog that ensures a peaceful time at the bar.