Larache is a city in northern Morocco.
While the city seems big at first, life clusters around the city center near the 1 Place de la Liberation. . Tourists are rarely seen here, creating a quite hassle-free and friendly atmosphere.
- Gare Routière. Many buses on the Tanger-Rabat-Case route pass Larache. From the Gare Routière walk north to the city center.
- 1 Grand Taxis. The grand taxi stand is just in front of the Gare Routière with connections to Asilah (20 dirhams, 40 km, 45min), Tangier, Ksar El-Kebir (15 dirhams, 35 km, 40min) and more.
The city center is easily walkable by foot. For the outskirts, petite taxis are available.
- The ruins of Lixus are about 8 km (5 miles) from Larache on non-motorway route to Asilah.
- The Kasbah, a 16th-century Portuguese construction that's crumbling down but has good views of the ocean.
- Fortress of the stork
- The Medina
- Nuestra Señora Del Pilar's church
- Archaeological museum
- Stroll the waterfront or join the locals on a swim at the harbor's stone barriers.
- Enjoy the filled streets after sunset to 10PM, grab a tea in one of the cafes around Place de la Liberation.
There are some restaurants also serving western-style food such as pizzerias or spaghetti. Furthermore, there are a couple of great sandwich places including one of the best shawarmas in Morocco (see OSM-map). Bakeries and juice stores are also available.
There are many budget hotels and pensions that cluster south of the Place de la Liberation, rooms without bathroom start around 40 dirhams.
- 1 Hotel Malaga. Check-out: noon. Simple, but clean and large rooms. Some have balconies. single from 70 dirhams.
- 2 Hotel Hay Essalam, 9 avenue Hassan II, ☎ . Check-out: noon. Spacious and clean rooms, also has wifi & air-conditioning. Cheaper to book directly than online. 90 dirhams, with bathroom: 116 dirhams.
- 3 Hotel Tanger.
- 4 Pension Amal.
- 5 Hotel Espana. Also has wifi. single from 240 dirhams.