The North Atlantic Coast of Morocco is one the busiest areas in the country and home to the capital city.
- Rabat - The capital of Morocco; very relaxed and hassle-free, highlights include a 12th-century tower and minaret.
- Casablanca - This modern city by the sea is a starting point for visitors flying into the country. If you have the time, both the historical medina and the contemporary mosque (the second largest in the world) are well worth an afternoon.
- El Jadida - The former Portuguese colony of Mazagan. A UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Larache - Main harbour of the former Spanish protectorate and charming seaside toen.
- Asilah – A small beach town about an hour south of Tangier. It is the home of a great festival in August, with music and bazaars