Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Agios Nikolaos (Άγιος Νικόλαος) — the cute capital of Lasithi
- 2 Elounda (Ελούντα) — formerly a small fishing town on Elounda Bay, close to the abandoned leper colony of Spinalonga Island. Now a popular tourist destination
- 3 Goudouras (Γούδουρας) — village in the southeastern coast
- 4 Ierapetra (Ιεράπετρα) — the southernmost city of Europe with some nice beaches
- 5 Kalio Chorio (Καλό Χωρίο) — a small holiday village near the beaches
- 6 Makry Gialos (Μακρύ Γιαλός) — a fishing port and a popular beach resort
- 7 Palekastro (Παλαίκαστρο) — small village, mostly untouristy, with beautiful beaches
- 8 Sitia (Σητεία) — one of the towns of Eastern Crete that has lovely beaches but not a large tourism market
- 9 Zakros (Ζάκρος) — no tourism here because the government is still excavating the Palace of Zakros
- 1 Chrysi (Χρυσή) (Gaidouronisi) — an uninhabited island with a nudist beach, reached by day trip boats from Ierapetra on the south coast.
- 2 Lasithi Plateau (Οροπέδιο Λασιθίου) — A large fertile plateau in the centre of Lassithi Prefecture at an altitude of 840 meters (2,760 ft). Once, as many as 10,000 white-sailed windmills operated on the plateau, but these have largely been replaced by diesel and electric irrigation pumps. Numerous old stone windmills (some ruins, some beautifully restored) still stand along the passes above the plateau.
- 3 Vai (Βάι) (Finikodassos) — A popular sandy beach surrounded by a large palm tree forest