Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For other places with the same name, see Latina (disambiguation).
Latina is a city in Lazio in Italy, capital of the Province of Latina.
Latina was inaugurated in 1932 as the city of Littoria by the fascist government. Therefore, the city is full of fascist architecture such as you can see on this page.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
Latina enjoys a mediterranean climate with long, hot and dry summers and short, mild and moderately wet winters. The intermediate seasons are generally warm with variable weather. Sunshine is abundant year-round and is guaranteed virtually every day in summer.
The train stop is in Latina Scalo. From there, you will need transportation to Latina city.
- 1 Latina railway station (In Latina Scalo, 8½ km north of city centre. Taxis and buses available.).
- Hotel Bajamar, Lungomare Santo Janni 5, Formia, ☏ +39 0771 720441, email@example.com. €50-120.
- Victoria Palace Latina, Via Vincenzo Rossetti, 24 (In the city centre), ☏ +39 0773663966, fax: +39 0773489592. Residential hotel with 150 rooms, suite, bar, bar gazebo, swimming pool and restaurant; also has facilities for meetings and conferences.
- Rome is not far by train, and includes the EUR neighbourhood, if you want to see even more fascist architecture.
- Naples is the next major city to the south.
- There are also various pleasant villages and monasteries further inland and south, including the Abbey of Fossanova in Priverno.
|Routes through Latina|
|Modern Centre, Rome ← South Rome ←||N S||→ Priverno → Minturno|