Jump to navigation Jump to search
Priverno[dead link] is in the Province of Latina in Lazio, Italy.
Priverno is a town of about 14,000, 30 km from Latina, that is important mainly because of the Abbey of Fossanova, though there are several other Medieval churches in town.
There is a Priverno-Fossanova train station which is on the Rome-Naples line.
- 1 Priverno-Fossanova railway station (Stazione di Priverno-Fossanova).
- 1 Fossanova Abbey (Abbazia di Fossanova), Via San Tommaso d'Aquino, 1, ☏ +39 0773 939061. Fossanova is a Cistercian monastery in Burgundian Early Gothic style, built between 1163 and 1208. It has an austere beauty and is an important early Gothic building. The Dominican scholastic Thomas Aquinas died in the abbey on 7 March 1274.
- 2 San Benedetto church (Chiesa di San Benedetto), Via Paolina, 57.
- Priverno is about 24 km from Terracina, from where you can proceed down the coast to Sperlonga, Gaeta, Formia, et al.
- Fans of Fascist architecture may find the city of Latina worth visiting.
- Further afield, Rome is about 110 km to the north and Naples is about 165 km to the south, both easily reachable by train or car.
|Routes through Priverno|
|Modern Center, Rome ← Latina ←||N S||→ Itri → Minturno|