Lawrenny is a village and parish in Pembrokeshire. It's in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, on the peninsula of the River Cleddau estuary, and during the summer months is a popular place for boating and water-skiing. The village was mentioned in series 3 of Penelope Keith's Hidden Villages.
The village is 9 miles by road from Pembroke and has no bus connection.
The tidal Milford Haven estuary is navigable up to Lawrenny Quay.
The beautiful Norman church and breathtaking views of the upper estuary from the footpath.
- Walking, sailing and fishing.
- Big Retreat Wales is a wellness festival held in the Estate grounds in June. The next is 3-6 June 2022.
- Lawrenny Quay. The pub provides a really local feel and is a perfect place to sit out on a summer's evening and watch the river traffic sail up and down with a simple bit of pub food.
- 1 Lawrenny Youth Hostel.
- 2 Knowles Farm Bed and Breakfast.
- Little Retreat, Old Potting Shed, Lawrenny SA68 0PW, ☏ . Wellness-oriented glamping site at the Big Retreat venue, open Apr-Sept, with geodomes and bell tents. Tent £80, dome £140.
As of May 2022, Lawrenny has 4G from O2 and Three, but no signal from EE or Vodafone. 5G has not reached this area.
- Pembroke has a sturdy castle.
- Carew Castle and tidal mill are on the way to Pembroke.