Legnano is a city in Milan Province, in the Lombardy region of Italy, about 20 km from downtown Milan. It is crossed by the river Olona (fiume Olona), and it is the 13th town for inhabitants in Lombardy. Thanks to the historic Battle of Legnano, Legnano is the only town, in addition to Rome, named in the Italian national anthem. Every year Legnanesi remember this battle with the Palio di Legnano.
From 1820 to 1915, with the introduction of numerous textile and mechanical companies, Legnano grew from an agricultural to an industrial center. Most of the textile industries closed in the 1960s: today the services sector is the most thriving one.
- Milano Malpensa Airport
- Linate Airport
- Porto Ceresio–Milan railway. Legnano has a railway station.
- The motorways crosses Legnano is A8, the "Autostrada dei Laghi" (Highway of the Lakes), an eight-lane motorway linking Milan to Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, Lugano and the rest of Switzerland.
- 1 Basilica of San Magno (Basilica di San Magno), Magno Sq. early 16th century, designed by Giovanni Antonio Amadeo or one of his followers. The interior, on the Greek cross plan, contains an altar by Bernardino Luini which it is said to have been begun by Bramante or, more likely, by Amadeo or Antonio da Lonate.
- 2 Church of Sant'Ambrogio (Chiesa di Sant'Ambrogio), Sant'Ambrogio St. 20. known from 1389. It was rebuilt in the 17th century.
- 3 Castle of Legnano (Castello di Legnano), Toselli St. 1. enlarged by the Torriani in the 13th century re-using a former convent. Later it was owned by the Lampugnani family.
- 4 Castle park (Parco Castello), Castello St.
- 5 Monument to Alberto da Giussano (Monumento ad Alberto da Giussano), Monumento Sq.
- 6 [dead link] Shopping center "Gallerie Cantoni", Course Sempione 179.
- 7 [dead link] Municipal Museum Guido Sutermeister (Museo civico Guido Sutermeinster), Course Garibaldi 225, ☏ . Closed on Mondays. From Tuesday to Saturday 9.00/12.30-14.30/17.00 Sunday 9.30/12.00. Archaeological Museum.
- 1 Al Borgo Antico, Ponzella St 38, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Wi-fi free, specialty fish.
- 2 [formerly dead link] I Tre Archi, Eugenio Carpi St 5, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Closed Tuesdays. 2 wood stoves over 100 types of pizzas.
- 3 L'Altra Botte, M. Venegoni St 13, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11.00-15.00\18.00-24.00 Closed on Mondays. Pizza restaurant. Wi-fi free.
- 4 [formerly dead link] L'Antico Teatro, Course Italy 15, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Closed Saturday morning. Pizza restaurant.
- 5 [formerly dead link] La Conchiglia, Battisti St 52, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Closed Tuesdays. 2 wood stoves over 100 types of pizzas.
- 6 [dead link] La Locanda del Gusto, Goito St 13, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Mediterranean cuisine.
- 7 Roadhouse Grill, Saronnese St 16, ☏ . Grilled meat.
- 8 Soul Restaurant, Via Goito, 9, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tue-Sun 12:00 - 14:30 / 19:00 - 22:30. Italian gourmet restaurant near the city center with top quality wine selection and modern dishes
- 1 The Mode, Verdi St 10, ☏ , (cell), ✉ email@example.com. Wine and cocktail bar. In the summer is located in the Diaz St. Park
- 2 Yucca Cafè, Micca St 4, ☏ . Open from Wednesday to Friday 11:30-15:00, from Wednesday to Sunday 18:00-02:00, Sunday 18:30-02:00. TO DRINK: Daiquiri Frozen and Yucca Cocktail MUSIC: 90s revival, commercial DJs.
- 3 Triciclo, XXV April St 15, ☏ , fax: . Restaurant, home cooking, international cocktails.
- 1 Welcome Hotel, 14, Grigna St, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. It's in Metropolitan Area of Milan , the newest and elegant, featuring exquisite design , and above all excellent and comfortable services , considered that among the hotels in Legnano are among the few that can boast spa , gym , meeting rooms and free covered parking.
- 2 Hotel Al Corso, course Magenta 137, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. It is located in the center of Legnano.
- Busto Arsizio— It is a city and comune, in the province of Varese, in the region of Lombardy, in northern Italy, 34 kilometres (21 mi) north of Milan, but only 5 kilometres (3 mi) from its north-westernmost commune of the city Legnano. The economy of Busto Arsizio is mainly based on industry and commerce.
- Gallarate— It is a city and comune of Alto Milanese of Lombardy, northern Italy, in the Province of Varese. It has a population of some 51,700. It is the junction of railways to Varese, Laveno and Arona (for the Simplon). Some 10 kilometres (6 miles) to the west are the electric works of Vizzola, where 23,000 hp are derived from the river Ticino. Its territory is crossed by the river Arnetta, and belongs to the Ticino River National Park. The city in the first part of 19th century had a strong textile industry.
- Saronno— It is a comune of Lombardy, Italy, in the province of Varese. It received the honorary title of city with a presidential decree in 1960. The place is well known for its apricot kernel biscuits (amaretti) and is also a manufacturing town.