The only public transportation available in Leven is by bus and the main bus station has just be refurbished and sits south of the high street.
The nearest train station is Markinch and you can drive or take a bus there, the journey time is around 10 minutes.
Leven is a small town which means walking is the best way to get around, all the main bars and restaurants are around the high street area.
There is a taxi rank behind the bus station and the main taxi office is just down from the station next to the BBQ. Useful for getting home after a night out, otherwise the bus is the best way to get around.
- 1 Silverburn Park.
- 2 Falkland Palace. 28 Feb to 1 Nov, Mon-Sat 11.00-17.00, Sun 12.00 -17.00. Former palace of Scottish Kings dating from the 12th century, with a real tennis court from 1539, the oldest court still in use in the world. £12.50.
- 3 Scoonie Golf Course. Parkland course with good views. weekday round of golf £18.
- 4 Letham Glen.
- 5 Macduff's Castle, East Wemyss,. ruined castle
- 1 Lundin Links. A championship golf course located in the neighbouring village of Lundin Links. This course is a qualifying course for the Scottish Open.
- 2 Lomond Hills. East and West Lomond Hills (about 500m high) offer pleasant walks and good views near Falkland. (Don't be confused by the name, Ben Lomond is on the other side of the country.)
- Watch football (ie soccer). East Fife FC play in Scottish League One, the third tier of football in Scotland. Their home ground is Bayview Stadium, capacity 2000, in Methil half a mile south of Leven across the river.
- Agenda (formerly known as the Steppenwolf). more of a cafe than a bar, with leather sofas and a bright vibrant atmosphere inside.
- Shorehead Cafe (Sits at the start of the High Street). pretty much a chip shop with seating available.
- Tonys Chip Shop.
- Upper Largo Hotel (Situated about 5 miles away from Leven). well worth the trip as you will find friendly staff and an extensive menu with good portions.
- McPhails. One of the cheapest places to drink in Leven, there are always drinks specials on including £1 for a bottle of Stella. Also has live music at the weekends.
- Brannigans. The only "nightclub" in Leven, but really just a bar with a dance floor, the only place that's open till 2AM in town though.
- The Windsor.
- The Caledonian Hotel. One of the busiest bars in Leven, there is usually a D.J on the weekends and a small dancefloor for those who are into dancing. Prices are a bit expensive but it is the place to be on a Saturday night.
- Old Manor, 55 Leven Road, ☏ . The hotel overlooks the Lundin Links and Leven Links championship golf courses and is ideally located for playing St Andrews, Crail, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Elie and Ladybank.