Lexington is a village in Richland County in the state of Ohio. It is a bedroom community for Mansfield. During the summer months, visitors come from all over the world to visit Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. It is a high-dollar race track, visited by high-rolling race fans, sponsors and racers.
The race track is in a beautiful, partially wooded setting, attracting families from all over. Clearfork Reservoir has many amenities, including camping, boating, sailing and fishing. The reservoir is stocked with many fish including muskies.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE IATA), +1 216 265-6030. Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is Cleveland's main airport, on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is a hub for United Airlines as well.
- Mansfield Lahm Airport (MFD IATA), 2000 Harrington Memorial Rd, ☏ . Mansfield.
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH IATA), 4600 International Gateway, Columbus, +1 614 239-4083. Direct flights to most major American cities.
From the south:
- Interstate 71 exit 165 at State Route 97 (Lexington-Bellville exit), go west on State Route 97 to U.S. Route 42.
From the north:
- Interstate 71 exit 176 at U.S. Route 30 (Mansfield-Wooster exit), go west on U.S. Route 30 to County Road 330 (Fourth Street Crestline exit), go east to State Route 314, south to Steam Corners Road, turn east. State Route 314 is travelled heavily by Amish in buggies. The road is hilly with many blind spots. Ohio State Patrol is relentless on this road during Mid-Ohio races.
- 1 Richland B & O Bike Trail, ☏ . The bike trail is over 18 miles long, paved on the abandoned Ohio B&O Rail Road bed. It is well maintained and protected. It runs from Mansfield through Lexington, to Butler through one of Ohio's most scenic areas.
There is no public transportation in Lexington. It is located in a rural area, driving is easy and pleasurable, except on race weekends when thousands show up for Mid-Ohio races. Great crowd, mostly families.
- Hertz Rent-a-Car, +1 419 524-3513
- 1 Richland County Museum, 51 W Church St, ☏ . The museum houses an extensive collection of artifacts from two centuries of Richland County's history. The museum is open from May to October on Sundays from 1:30PM to 4:30PM
- 1 Clearfork Reservoir, 2678 Gass Road, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Camping, fishing, boating, sailing.
- Lexington Blueberry Festival, Plymouth St., ☏ , email@example.com. Held every year in August at Lexington Park on Plymouth Street.
- 2 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Steam Corners Road, toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 The Blueberry Patch, 1285 W. Hanley Rd. (Located just off US Route 42), ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. The u-pick blueberry season is open from early July to September and the u-pick raspberry season is open from mid August to frost. The Blueberry Patch has a gift shop, blossoms cafe, greenhouse and a nursery.
If you are not from the area and are feeling adventurous, drive west about 1 mile to SR 314. Head south on 314. From this point south to Chesterville, approx. 15 miles, all of the intersecting roads past Johnsville, lead to Amish farms. If you are vigilant, you will notice a few bakeries, tack shops, truck farms, hardwood furniture sales, and such. Feel free to visit where signs offer items for sale. This is a great spot to buy fresh vegetables, maple syrup, eggs and other items that will be appreciated at Mid-Ohio races. It is best to have small bills in hand before starting.
- Buck's Bar & Grill, 192 East Main St., ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-W 11AM-10PM, Th 11AM-11PM, F Sa 11AM-midnight.
- Brown Derby Roadhouse, 3985 Park Ave. West, Ontario, ☏ .
- Mike's Pizza Pub, 58 SR 97 West, ☏ . Pizza & beer.
- Paul Revere's Family Restaurant, 57 SR 97 West, ☏ .
- Los Jaritos, 275 E. Main St, ☏ . M-Sa 11AM-9PM. Mexican cuisine at affordable prices. From $3.
There are plenty of choices for alcohol. Most grocery stores carry it, as well as the gas stations, drive-throughs and convenience stores.
- Buck's Bar & Grill, 192 East Main St., ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. M-W 11AM-10PM, Th 11AM-11PM, F Sa 11AM-midnight.
- Brown Derby Roadhouse, 3985 Park Ave. West, ☏ .
- Mike's Pizza Pub, 58 SR 97 West, ☏ . Pizza & beer.
- Mohican Resort & Conference Center. Surrounded by 6,000 acres of Mohican State Forest and borders Pleasant Hill Lake.
Bed & Breakfast
- The Buckhorn Inn, ☏ .
- Landoll’s Mohican Castle, 561 Twp. Rd. 3352, Loudonville, ☏ .
- Somewhere in Time, 1150 SR 97, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clearfork Reservoir
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
- Mohican State Forest
- Privately owned camper rental 10 minutes from Mid Ohio Camper sleeps 5 plus room for tents. All amenities included except groceries. Weekly and Weekend rates available. +1 419 560-7031
- Lexington Post Office, 24 Short St., ☏ , fax: . M-F 8:30AM-1PM and 2PM-4:30PM, Sa Su closed.
- Lexington branch library, 25 Lutz Ave, ☏ . Offers computers and free Wi-Fi. Library members can check out a bicycle.
- Lexington Laundry, 310 E. Main St., ☏ .
- Mansfield/Richland County Public Library Lexington Branch, 25 Lutz Ave., ☏ , fax: . M-Th 9AM-8PM, F Sa 9AM-5PM, Su closed.
|Routes through Lexington|
|Delaware ← Mount Gilead ←||S N||→ Mansfield → Cleveland|