Miraflores is a suburb or barrio of Lima the capital city of Peru. Miraflores is known as Ciudad Heroica or the Heroic City. There are many parks, gardens, high rise apartment buildings, hotels, restaurants and shops. Situated on the coast, Miraflores is considered to be one of the finest districts of Lima and is very popular with tourists.
To get to Miraflores from the airport or bus terminal or wherever it is that you arrived in Lima is as simple as taking a taxi or bus.
A good advice is to book a taxi inside Lima Airport or the bus terminal or to have your hotel or hostel book you a taxi. From the terminals, prices range between S/15-S/35. From the airport, an official taxi will cost you at least S/60. It is not advised to take a taxi outside the bus terminals or airport because those areas are very dangerous and notorious for scams and robberies. The same goes for the taxi drivers that pick up tourists in these areas. Safe taxi services include: Taxi365, Taxi Directo and Taxi Green.
By airport bus
- Airport Express Lima, ☏ . Airport bus service from Lima Airport to Miraflores. Buses run every 30 minutes and they have 7 stops in Miraflores. Their buses have USB ports and free Wi-Fi. They have two counters inside Lima airport and sell tickets on their website and bus. Their staff speaks English and Spanish. US$8 one way and US$15 two-way..
You can have your hotel/hostel order a private transfer for you. Prices one way start from US$20.
- Iglesia Matriz (Virgen Milagrosa) (Parque Central), ☏ .
- La Tarumba, Leoncio Prado 225, Miraflores, ☏ . Circus group with headquarters in Miraflores but they do shows all over Lima, check their website for details.
- 1 Luis Miro Quesada Garland Hall (Galeria de la Municipalidad de Miraflores (Miraflores Municipal Gallery)), Municipality building, corner of calle Virgen Milagrosa and avenida Larco, opposite Parque Central (12º 07' 19 S 77º 01' 45 W). One of the most popular art galleries in Lima. The exhibition rooms are spacious, and the exhibitions themselves are generally very good. Work on show is mainly by local artists, with the occasional foreign contribution. Artists who display their work here usually go on to acquire a good reputation in the national art scene. Calle Virgen Milagrosa, also known as Paseo de los Pintores, often has art on display and for sale in the street.
- Palacio Municipal, Av. Larco 400, ☏ .
- Parque John. F. Kennedy. Kennedy Park, also known as the Cat Park, is famous for the many cats that reside there. You can also get amazing Picarones in Kennedy Park and on the weekends they do Salsa lessons in the park that are mostly attended by seniors. If you walk by, chances are you'll get invited. The park is right at the center of the Miraflores nightlife, with fast food places, a cinema and many bars.
- 2 Pucllana (Museo de Sitio Huaca Pucllana, El Parque Histórico Cultural Pucllana, Huaca Pucllana o Juliana), General Borgoño cuadra 8, Miraflores (12º 06' 39 S 77º 02' 01 W). W-M 09:00-16:00. Huaca Pucllana dates back to 200-700 AD. Made from small handmade, sun-dried brick, this huge construction is 22 m high. It is divided into two areas, for ceremonial and administrative ends. Guided tours include a visit through the museum, the small park with native flora and fauna and the craftsmen's house where handicrafts are on exhibit and for sale. There is also a restaurant on the site itself which although expensive offers stunning views of the complex, particularly at night, when it's floodlit.
- Centro Cultural Casa Abierta, Av. Petit Thouars 5390, Miraflores.
- Centro Cultural de la Universidad Cayetano Heredia, Av. Armendáriz 445, Miraflores, ☏ .
- Centro Cultural de la Municipalidad de Miraflores, Corner of Larco and Diez Canseco, Miraflores, ☏ .
- Centro Cultural Ricardo Palma, Av. Larco 770, Miraflores, ☏ .
- 3 Casa Museo Ricardo Palma, Belisario Suarez 189 (cuadra 2 de la Av. Ricardo Palma), ☏ .
- 4 Museo Amano, Retiro 160, ☏ . Showcases Peruvian textiles.
- 5 Museo Enrico Poli, Calle Almirante Lord Cochrane 466, ☏ .
Many shopping malls have cinemas, bars, bowling, even nightclubs, see the subsection Shop, in the section Buy
Paragliding and hang gliding: Most flights are done from the cliffs at Miraflores, next to Parque del Amor.
- Fly Adventure, Calle Alfredo León 234, Oficina 202, Miraflores, ☏ . Daily 10:00-22:00. Tandem flights for a duration of about 10 minutes. There are also courses available and locations other than Miraflores.
- AeroXtreme, Tripoli 345 Dpto 503. Miraflores., ☏ . Tandem flights over Miraflores, one day courses at Lurín.
- PeryFly, ☏ . Paragliding and hang gliding.
- Infinity Paragliding School, ☏ . Paragliding and hang gliding.
- Parapente Paragliding Peru, ☏ . Paragliding and hang gliding.
Miraflores is the most popular surfing spot in Lima city. Makaha beach in front of the Malecon is packed with surfing schools that offer lessons but also do board rental.
- Team Surf Peru, Mahaka Beach, Via de las Playas (From Larco Street in Miraflores take 28 de Julio to the Tennis terrasses. From there follow to the cliffs and go down on a small path. It will take you to the beach), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the many surfschools on Makaha beach.
- Pukana Surf school, Makaha Beach, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Skate Park, Av. La Marina block 4, Miraflores (el Malecón de la Marina, Miraflores). A few pipes, a bowl and some other stuff.
- BMX and Mountain Bike Track, Av. La Marina block 4, Miraflores (el Malecón de la Marina, Miraflores). A dirt track with jumps.
There are a number of markets for buying Peruvian artesania, souvenirs, jewelry, and handicrafts along Av. Petit Thouars in Miraflores, a short walk from Parque Kennedy. The biggest of these is Mercado Indio, a huge expanse of small tiendas selling everything Peruvian - sweaters, blankets, etc.
- Larcomar. It's like a mall, where you can eat, shop, go to the cinema, it even has two nice night clubs. The nightclubs are open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and in summer (January and February) also Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Larcomar's principal attraction is its location. It is in Miraflores, on a high hill where you can see the beach while eating or just walking. Best to visit during the sunset. Brands include Adidas, Desigual, the North Face, Esprit, Converse and more.
- El Mundo Papel, is a handcrafted and artshop. You can find unique T-shirt designs, sketch books, prints, etc., in this small little shop in Avenida 28 de Julio 552 in Miraflores. It is very close to Larco Street.
- Alfresco, Malecon Balta 790, Miraflores. serving "Lima's best cerviche" for around S/30. A delightful, upmarket restaurant.
- Costanera 700, Av. El Ejército 421 Miraflores. Owner chef Sato. One of the best restaurants in Lima whose chef was once the personal chef to former Peruvian President Alberto Fujimori. Close to the beach and excellent, excellent food. Pass on the Pulpo a la oliva (unless you like your squid in black olive sauce). Try the famous Tiradito Costanera (raw fish slides in lemon juice) or Chita a la Pimienta (fish on pepper).
- Danica, Av. Cavenecia, Miraflores, (near Ovalo Gutierrez). Serves excellent Peruvian and Italian dishes (seafood, steak, and vegetarian). Upscale, intimate atmosphere and attentive service.
- EDO sushi bar. In Miraflores, San Borja and San Isidro.
- GianFranco Caffe, Angamos Oeste 598, Miraflores (corner of Elias Aguirre), ☏ . Cafe with delicious ice-cream and excellent Italian pizza. A great meeting place for Italian citizens.
- La Gloria, Jr. Atahualpa 201 Miraflores.
- La Rosa Nautica, Espigón de Playas. Built over the ocean beneath Larcomar, it may be one of the best restaurants in Lima. Although quite expensive, the ambience and cuisine are superb. The entree "La Rosa Nautica Style" comes highly recommended.
- Las Brujas de Cachiche, Calle Bolognesi 472, Miraflores. Very good traditional Peruvian dishes.
- Las Orquidas, Jr. Manuel Bonilla 138, Miraflores. Vegetarian restaurant.
- La Lucha Sangucheria, Av. Benavides 308, Miraflores, ☏ . F Sa until 03:00. A well-established sandwich place with good juice.
- La Cocina de Dario, Av. Petit Thours 5390, Miraflores. Gives you a taste of the Peruvian and Japanese food fusion, with a variety of fresh seafood.
- La Trattoria de Mambrino, Manuel Bonilla 106, Miraflores. Italian restaurant.
- Te Burbuja, Pasaje Los Pinos 118, Miraflores. A small Taiwanese joint close to Parque Kenedy, with nice fruit salads, all sorts of bubble tea, fruit juices and shakes.
- Rafael, Calle San Martín 300 Miraflores. Try the Lomo Saltado.
- Saqra (Little Devil), Av. La Paz 646 (In the passage El Suche, Miraflores), ☏ . Open until 01:00. Modern Peruvian food with an element of surprise. Additionally, the restaurant has "an everything for sale" policy, guests can buy the seats, lamps, cushions, glasses, paintings and sculptures or whatever they like. ~ S/40 per person.
- Fuzions, Calle San Martin, Miraflores. Peruvian cuisine. This low-budget restaurant just off Larco Street is pretty basic but has tasty food and is visited mostly by locals. Ask for the menu. S/10-15.
- El Estragon, Calle San Martin, Miraflores. Low-budget Peruvian cuisine. This restaurant serves basic but tasty Peruvian cuisine at a reasonable price. Ask for the menu. S/10-15.
- La Parada, Av Jose Larco 770 Miraflores. Peruvian cuisine.
- Mama Olla Restaurant, Calle Tarata 248 Miraflores (Between Shell, Benavides en Larco). Peruvian cuisine - tasty food, great pisco sours, nice service.
- Mangos, Larcomar, Malecón de la Reserva 610 Miraflores. Peruvian seafood. This restaurant in shopping center Larcomar has amazing views over the Pacific Ocean and serves a good Ceviche mixto.
- Punto Azul, Calle San Martin 595 Miraflores. Peruvian cuisine. Nice spot to try Peruvian food. Recommendation is "Piqueo Azul.
- Tanta, Av. 28 de Julio 888 Miraflores. Peruvian cuisine.
- El Veridico de Fidel de Miraflores, Calle Colon 246 Miraflores. Unbelievably good Leche de Tigre.
- La Casa Verde, Shell Street, 615. Vegetarian & vegan place in Shell Street.
- McDonalds, Av. Oscar R. Benavides 140 (Diagonal) (Right at Kennedy Park). Most of the fast food places are around Kennedy Park.
- Campesino, Ovalo Higuereta. Campesino is not in Miraflores, but in Ovalo Higuereta (any bus in Benavides goes there). They have really good and greasy hamburgers, tacos, quesadillas, etc. Their best burger is probably the 'A Lo Pobre' that has burger, egg and baked banana for around S/12 and is sure to fill your stomach.
- Burger King, Calle Manuel Bonilla Miraflores (Kennedy Park). You find most junk food places around Kennedy Park and Pizza Street.
- Subway, Av. Alfredo Benavides 449 Miraflores.. Cheapest sandwich is called Barratisimo and costs S/6.
- Tierra Santa, Calle Shell 354 Miraflores. Kebab, hummus and other Turkish specialties. They have an area where you can smoke waterpipe.
- Rustica, Calle de las Pizzas 104 Miraflores.. Pizza & parilla.
- Bembos, Av Jose Larco 1080 Miraflores. Bembos is the Peruvian version of McDonald's. They add avocado and banana to some burgers. It's really good.
- 1 Central Restaurante, Santa Isabel 376, ☏ . Central offers an eye-catching menu with inspiration from all parts of Peru.
Bars and clubs
- For a bit of fun in Miraflores, try the small street between Parque Kennedy and Bellavista, locally known as the calle de las pizzas (Pizza Street). It is a big tourist trap, but on the other hand you are guaranteed to meet other travelers in high spirit.
- At the end of Av. Larco you can find the LarcoMar amusement area, with spectacular views of the beaches, about 40 m below it, and the Pacific Ocean, and the usual western style shopping mall shops and fast food chains.
- Crypto, heavy metal and hard rock pub on the first side-street of Calle de las Pizzas. Unmarked entrance, just a black door. They sell pitchers of rum & coke for about US$5. Excellent atmosphere if you're in the scene, but a bit intimidating for tourists who just wander in.
- Café de la Paz. Is another excellent choice, right in front of the Kennedy Park. Peruvian-French food, in a very trendy, bohemian atmosphere. Excellent Pisco Sour.
- Nebula, Gonzalez Prada 194 (between cuadra 50 and 51 of Av. Arequipa), Miraflores, is a disco with music from the darker part of the 1980s, quite close to Plaza Kennedy.
- For jazz music, Miraflores holds a couple of good options: Jazz Zone, Avenida La Paz 656, and Satchmo.
- Downtown (Vale Todo), Los Pinos 168, Miraflores (Close to Kennedy Park). This gay club, nicknamed Vale Todo ("anything goes") lies in the heart of Miraflores and is usually one of the last clubs to close in Lima. S/50 to get in. Some days of the week it's free entrance..
- And for all the coffee-addicts, there are a number of good options. Try Il Cappuccino [formerly dead link], a new cafe in Miraflores. Manuel Bonilla 103, close to Parque Kennedy. Also close to the Parque are Café Z, about a block down Bajada Balta; and La Máquina, on the corner of Diez Canseco and Alcanfores, also about a block from the Parque.
- Coffee time Miraflores, Calle Colon 122 Miraflores. Handmade Peruvian coffee.
- La Postreria Café, Calle Enrique Palacios 1008, Miraflores. Coffee and sandwiches
- True Artisan café, Calle Bolivar 153, Miraflores.
- Arabica, Calle Gral Recavarren 269. They have excellent premium Peruvian coffee.
- Cirque Hostel, Av. Generál Córdova, ☏ . Check-in: 12:30, check-out: 12:00. Cirque is a small but cozy 6-room hostel. Free breakfast and wifi, kitchen, three common areas (TV-room, terrace, and garden), bar, airport pick-up, 24-hour hot showers and reception, as well as safety lockers and bikes for rent. The hostel is a few blocks away from the beach, local food markets and Huaca Pucllana ruins. It is also the only hostel in Lima officially providing a camping site. You can pitch your tent in the garden for S/5, facilities use will cost you extra S/5 if required. Dorms US$12/person, private suites US$26-30/room.
- Pariwana Backpacker Hostel, ☏ . Hostel in front of the main Miraflores park, with a great view. 24 hours reception, bilingual staff, full guest kitchen, comfortable common areas, free breakfast, TV room, free internet and WiFi, security lockers with built-in electronic outlets, surfboard and bike rentals.
- Blue House Backpacker Hostel, ☏ . Open 24 hours a day, this cozy little hostel is a lot like a guesthouse, providing personalized service and is just a short walk from the great nightlife of Lima. Fully equipped kitchen, comfortable rooms, and great service.
- Pirwa Hostel, ☏ . Good location in Miraflores. Comfortable beds, free breakfast, and a nice relaxing garden.
- 151 Backpackers Hostel B&B, Calle Colon 151. Fully renovated 1920s house. Private rooms, mixed dorms, outdoor patio with grill, full kitchen for your use, internet, TV and comfortable couches and living room area.
- Red Psycho Llama Backpackers Hostel. At Red Psycho Llama they follow sustainable practices throughout the hotel.
- Casa del Mochilero, Chacaltana 130a, 2nd floor, ☏ . This place is more like a flat than a hostel, so it has a much more at-home and chilled atmosphere, with less than 20 beds. Was the original copied by "Mochilero Inn" next door, even down to the flags outside. Dorms from S/15, one private room with two beds. Kitchen, cable TV, internet S/2 per hour.
- Mochilero Inn, Chacaltana 136. Friendly hostel with dorms from S/20. Kitchen, TV use. Cleaner than the hostel next door. Convenient stop in front of the hostel.
- [dead link] Albergue Miraflores House, Av. Comandante Espinar Nº 611 (between Avenue Angamos and the Avenue Comandante Espinar), ☏ . Popular hostel that gets rave reviews for good security. Offers airport pickup for a fee. Dorms from S/35 per person, doubles from S/77. Breakfast and internet included.
- Flying Dog Hostel. Spacious rooms, TV lounge with DVD selection, internet, kitchen to use, friendly English-speaking Peruvian employees. Excellent doubles with private bathroom.
- Loki Backpackers Hostel, Av. Jose Galvez 576, ☏ . Loki Lima is it in the heart of Miraflores, between the buzz of Parque Kennedy and the beautiful cliff top parks of the coast. This residence is decorated with a modern Loki twist around a laid back, fun atmosphere.
- Teresa, Mariano Odicio, 326 (4 blocks from Plaza Kennedy, near Quadrant 5 of Avenida Ernesto Diez Canseco), ☏ , . Run by a friendly old lady who has a couple of rooms to sleep, shared bathroom. There is wi-fi, and every room has a refrigerator. She says herself that the neighbourhood is safe, but she also takes security measures. Cleaning is done by the guests, but it is relatively cheap. S/15 soles per person per night private rooms for 2.
- Kokopelli Backpackers Hostel, Calle Berlin 259 (1 block from Park Kennedy), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Kokopelli was founded and run by 4 guys from Holland and Peru. Great bar on the roof, and a nice hangout area downstairs. Close to most things in Miraflores, and not a far walk to the sea. Multilingual, friendly staff. Big storage lockers, and clean rooms. Great breakfast provided at a cafe around the corner. Hot showers. From S/41 per person in 8-bed dorm to S/65 per person in double room..
- 1 Explorers House, Av. Alfredo Leon 158, Miraflores, Lima, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Well-run hostel with a family atmosphere in a quiet area. Paola, the manager, has a wealth of information on Lima and Peru, and speaks Spanish, English and French. Paola is very concerned about security and takes measures to keep the hostel secure for her guests. She has many tips for helping guests stay safe while visiting Lima. She will arrange secure taxi transport to and from the airport. She will arrange inter-city bus tickets as well. Kitchen, Breakfast, Wi-Fi, cable TV, security box, hot water.
- 2 [dead link] Miraflores apartment for tourists (mirafloresapt), Av. Arequipa (All taxis know this district), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: any time, check-out: any time. Cozy 1-bedroom self-catering apartment in the heart of Miraflores. US$320 week.
- HQ Villa, Av Independencia 1288, ☏ . Plenty of amenities and distinctive common areas.
- Miraflores Penthouse, Malecon Balta 810. 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom with 700 m² rooftop terrace. Sleeps six. US$175.
- Bellavista de Miraflores, Jr. Bellavista 215, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Nice mid-price place in central Miraflores.
- JW Marriott Hotel Lima, Malecón de la Reserva 615, ☏ .
- Thunderbird Hotel Suites & Casino, Av. Alcanfores 475 (on the corner of Av. Alcanfores and Miraflores Avenue), ☏ . Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 11:00. Adjacent you will find Fiesta Casino Benavides, a quality establishment with 3 floors of gaming space and nightly live entertainment. US$170.
- 3 Belmond Miraflores Park, Av. Malecón de la Reserva, 1035 Miraflores, Lima 18, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parque Kennedy has free wifi internet access. It doesn't work on all phones though.
The new postcode for Miraflores is 15074 but the old postcode is still in use and more recognizable as 'Lima 18'.
- 1 Serpost (Correos del Peru), Av Petit Thouars Nº 5201, Miraflores 15074 (Av Petit Thouars & Calle Gen. Vidal, a block south from Av Petit Thouars & Av Angamos Este), ☏ . M-Sa 8AM-9PM.
- 2 Serpost (Correos del Peru), Av Jose Larco Nº868, Miraflores 15074 (Along Av Jose Larco between Calle San Martin & Av 28 de Julio), ☏ . M-F 8AM-1PM & 1:45PM-4:45PM; Sa 8AM-1PM & 1:45PM-3:45PM.
- 3 Municipalidad de Miraflores (City Hall), Av. Larco Nº 400 (Av Larco & Virgen Milagrosa, south of Parque Central de Miraflores), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- iperu (Centro Turístico y de Entretenimiento Larcomar Miraflores), Módulo 10, Plaza Principal, ☏ , (24 hours), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 11:00-13:00 and 14:00-20:00.