The town is located near the end of the M4.
The town is small enough to cover on foot. A historic Town Trail leaflet guides visitors around the oldest part of town, with display boards.
- 1 Dinefwr, SA19 6RT, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. The park is home to a herd of white cattle and also has a lake and a deer park. Admission for house and park (standard rate): adult £5.45, child £2.72, family £13.63.
- Bridge Street. This row of attractive, pastel coloured houses is the most famous and recognizable landmark in the town.
- 3 Dinefwr Castle, Dinefwr Park, SA19 6RT (via National Trust or walk up from Llandeilo bridge through Castle Woods). Beautiful castle on a high crag overlooking the River Towy. Climb up the round tower, walk the battlements and see the wonderful views. Free entry to the castle on foot, but car park charges apply in the National Trust car park at Newton House. Free.
- 4 Castle Woods (Castle Woods), Llandeilo (Gate near Llandeilo Bridge or access via Dinefwr Park.). Beautiful nature reserve of the Wildlife Trust, in a peaceful setting by the River Towy. Geologically interesting, with birds, badgers, and bluebells among other delights at any time of year. Free.
- 5 Carreg Cennen Castle, Trapp, ☎ . An imposing castle located a few miles from Llandeilo off the A483. Cafe and gift shop. There is an admission fee payable at the cafe/gift shop.
- 6 Aberglasney Gardens, Aberglasney, ☎ . Ten acres of historic gardens surrounding Aberglasney House in Carmarthenshire.
- 7 Dryslwyn Castle, SA32 8RW.
- 8 Y Garn Goch. Iron Age hill fort
- 9 Talley Abbey, Talley. ruined former monastery of the Premonstratensians
- 10 Golden Grove. Neoclassical manor house and estate
- Hill Walking
Llandeilo has a fantastic range of boutique shops located on Rhosmaen Street, King Street and Market Street.
- Interior and Gift. There are several specialist interior and gift shops in Llandeilo including Scorpio, Towy Interiors, Peppercorn, Pinc and Igam-Ogam.
- 1 Heavenly, Rhosmaen Street, ☎ . Hand-made chocolates' and organic ice-cream
- Fashion. There are several boutique clothes shops on Rhosmaen Street, King Street and Market Street including Toast, Variations and Rigout.
- 2 Fountain Fine Art, 115 Rhosmaen Street, ☎ .
- The Rooms, New Road, ☎ . open on Fridays and Saturdays. fine paintings, ceramics and sculptures by local and nationally known artists
- Antiques. There are 2 large antiques venues on Station Road: The Works and James Ash. Once a month an Antiques Fair is held at the Civic Hall, and also a Car Boot Sale takes place there monthly.
- 1 The Angel Inn and Capel Bach Bistro, 62 Rhosmaen Street, ☎ . Great bar meals and an intimate Bistro at the rear.
- 2 Angel Inn at Salem, ☎ . An award winning restaurant in Salem, 3 miles north of Llandeilo.
- 3 The Plough Inn, Rhosmaen, ☎ . Contemporary cuisine, served in the bar or restaurant. Great views of Llandeilo in the garden.
There are several pubs in the town including the Salutation Inn, The Castle Hotel, The White Horse Inn and The Angel Inn. The Cawdor hotel also has a bar open to non-residents. There are also a number of pubs a short walk over the bridge in Ffairfach.
Evan Evans Brewery is based in the town, and supplies many local pubs with its speciality ales.
During the day, Barita Delicatessen, Ollies and Gegin Fach y Gwili are also open for drinks and snacks.
- 1 Cawdor Arms Hotel, 72 Rhosmaen Street, ☎ . A boutique hotel housed in a Georgian grade II listed building in the heart of Llandeilo.
- 2 Ty Menyn Holiday Cottage, Brynmorfa, Rhosmaen, ☎ . Lisa & James Woodward have converted an old butter house into a five star comfortable Character cottage, self catering suitable for up to 6+cot. Private but on the outskirts of town. Mini Breaks available. from.
- Parc Y Brenin Cottage (Bwthyn Parc y Brenin), Cwrt Henri (5 miles from Llandeilo), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Stone built Welsh Cottage; 4*. £430 - £600.
- 3 Meadow View Bed and Breakfast, Llanfynydd, SA32 7PR, ☎ . Three guest bedrooms with en suite facilities. 3* rating via the Welsh Tourist Board.
- 4 Stangwrach Self-catering Cottage, Llanfynydd. Stone cottage c. 1756 sleeping 4+2 near both the market town of Carmarthen and the historical town of Llandeilo (7 miles), centrally heated throughout.
The area dialling code for Llandeilo is 01558. When dialling from overseas, dial +44 1558 XXXXXX
|Routes through Llandeilo|
|Haverfordwest ← Carmarthen ←||W E||→ Llandovery → Brecon|