- 1 Lleida Pirineus railway station, Plaça de Ramón Berenguer IV. Lleida is on the AVE train route from both Madrid and Barcelona. If you land in Madrid Barajas, it will be a direct AVE trip of approximately 3 hours. If landing in Barcelona El Prat, the direct AVE train ride will be only an hour.
Lleida is a good place to change from a train to a bus towards Andorra (Andorra has no rail connection) and buses can be a cheaper but slower alternative to buses in general. The bus station of Lleida is situated 1,3 km from the train station into south-west on street Carrer Saracíbar 2. (Buses from Andorra or Barcelona may stop also in train station.)
- Alsa Direct bus from Madrid (27e), Barcelona (20e) and Andorra la Vella (19e).
- Montmantell Direct bus from Andorra la Vella (18€).
Given the excellent connections towards both Madrid and Barcelona, it might seem a bit pointless that this town have its own airport, but it indeed has one, and it opened only in 2010. As can be expected, connections are rather limited.
- 2 Lleida–Alguaire Airport (ILD IATA). There are a few flights to Spanish islands, the odd flight to the UK and for some unfathomable reason Arkia flights to Ben Gurion Airport in Israel.
Lleida is quite small and you will easily be able to get to all parts of it on foot. There is a very efficient city bus system as well. Multiple lines of bus service are available from the train station.
- La Seu Vella, Apt. de Correus 1013. This church sits atop the highest point in the city, nice viewing.
- Castillo de Gardeny, Turó de gardeny. Small castle.
- Parc de la Mitjana, Carrer Xavier Puig i Andreu. Park in northeastern part of the city.
- 1 Auditori Enric Granados.
- 2 CaixaForum Lleida.
- 3 Lleida Museum.
- Hostal Mundial, Plaza Sant Joan 4, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Located less than 1km from the train station. Room price includes breakfast (croissant & caffee) and WiFi. (No elevator in the building.) Double room 32e/night.