Loket is a very picturesque village surrounded by a curve in the Ohře River.
The bus from Karlovy Vary provides a very beautiful scenic view of the town. There are 7 departures per day during the week, taking 20 minutes and costing 20 Kč.
You can also walk along a marked trail from Karlovy Vary, 17 km away.
The town is tiny and can easily be covered on foot.
- 1 Loket Castle (Hrad Loket). April–October 09:00-17:00, November–March 09:00-16:00. Built in the late 14th century. Used as a prison from 1788 to 1947. Restored in the 1970s. 90 Kč.
- 2 Black Gate Tower (Černá Věž). Includes small art gallery and wine shop. Fantastic views. 15 Kč.
- 3 St. Anne Chapel.
- 4 Town Hall.
- Bookbinding Museum, Town Hall. 10:00-13:00, 14:00-18:00. 35 Kč.
- 5 Church of St. Wencelas.
- Rafting Trips.
- Rafting Ohre. Rafting trips and boat rental. 2-person canoes: 500-750 Kč; 4-person boats: 1,200-2,400Kč.
- [dead link] Loket Summer Cultural Festival. End of July. Opera performances.
Loket is famous for its porcelain and there are several crafts shops in town.
- Ceska Sporitelna. Features and ATM and money exchange.
- Old Slavic Restaurant, Zámecká / Kostelní, 70. Authentic options. 11 Kč.
- Restaurant Atmosféra, TG Masaryka 112. Hearty Czech food. 140 Kč.
- 1 [dead link] Lazy River Hostel, Kostelni 61 (Very close to the castle.), ☏ , email@example.com. 12 beds. Very homely place. Dorm bed: €10.
- Pension Masonic House, TG Masaryka 115 (In the main square). 400 Kč, including breakfast.
- Pension Ulrika (In the main square). 4 rooms. 500 Kč, including breakfast.
- Quest penzion, T. G. Masaryka 109/53, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Has special dog owner packages
- The White Stallion Hotel, TG Masaryka 8, ☏ . Terrace overlooking the river. Single: 900 Kč; double: 1,200 Kč, breakfast included.
- Hotel Císař Ferdinad, T.G.Masaryka 136, ☏ . Single: 1,050 Kč; double: 1,850 Kč.
- Hotel St. Florian, T. G. Masaryka 135, ☏ . Single: 1,050 Kč; double: 1,850 Kč.
- Infocentrum, TG Masaryka 12. January–March: Tuesday-Saturday 10:00-12:00, 13:00-17:00; April–December: daily 10:00-12:00, 13:pp-17:00. Tourist information. Internet access available. Internet access: 40 Kč per hour.