The city itself is not as large as its close neighbor Can Tho and the centre of town is easily walkable. Like any other Vietnamese city there are plenty of xe-om motorcycle drivers or a bicycle with cart attached (xe loi), which is a specialty of the Mekong.
Another easy mode of transportation is renting a bike from a streetside bike repairman, although most foreigners would prefer a motorbike to go farther into the province when time permits.
- Cam Mountain
- Sam Mountain
- Sap Mountain
- Tiger Island - the birthplace of the second president of Vietnam
- Coop-mart: three-floor supermarket, biggest in An Giang
- Nguyen Hue supermarket: electronics products, high quality
- The gioi di dong: high-quality cell phones
- Thu Quan: books, mostly school books, magazines, newspapers and school stuff
- Thanh Kien: school stuff, in front of An Giang University
- Buu Loc - Good high quality food. Specialty is family-style dinners. Book beforehand for table upstairs in private room.
- Hai Lua - Quite expensive, food good, great for huge parties, can take a night on the river on a boat with pre-ordered meal menu. Owner speaks English and Japanese.
- Hong Phat - High quality, good service, reasonable price for the better meal. 30,000-50,000 dong per person.
- Lan Ky - Excellent soup restaurant run by a Chinese family that has been here for generations.
- Phong Ky - Great food, not too clean, a little slow, 20,000-40,000 dong per person.
- Nam An - near Hai Lua. very beautiful setting, good service, a large food menu.
- Khuc Ban Chieu: high quality, quiet place, almost good service.
- Panda: high quality, good service, a good view of the whole city, possibly see the Sap Mountain from here
- Star: beautiful place, high quality
- An Long Hotel (near big new church). Fan rooms 80,000 dong.
- Dong Xuyen Hotel (near Co-op Mart). Biggest hotel in town.
- Long Xuyen Hotel (next to Co-op Mart, but a little behind). Good restaurant.
- Nha Tro. General term for room for rent. Very cheap, but only if you want to live like a Vietnamese student.