Los Gigantes is a resort town of about 2,700 people in Tenerife. The Acantilados de Los Gigantes (cliffs of Los Gigantes ), are one of the island's major tourist attractions.
Nearby to the south are the resorts of Puerto de Santiago and Playa de la Arena. 3 km (1.9 mi) to the north is the village of Masca which can be reached by boat or car.
The town has a marina surrounded by concrete walls to dampen the effect of the rough seas around the area. A small black sand beach lies between the rocks and the marina. The marina has a boulevard with many restaurants. Near the harbour is a lido.
There are three viewpoints in the village, the main one on main road to towards Tamaimo, another above the sports club and a third on a coastal path around the Hotel Barcelo. The village has many small shops and restaurants serving the tourists that visit the area, especially on the one-way road loop around church and plaza, and also near to the marina and beach.
Los Gigantes is well connected by roads (and the TITSA public transport system), and the easiest way to get in is either by Tenerife South Airport/Reina Sofia Airport (TFS IATA) or by sailing into the resort's marina.
- TITSA (bus). South Tenerife is served by the following bus routes 040, 111, 343, 416, 417, 418, 420, 424, 447, 448, 450, 467, 471, 473, 477 and 483. Tenmás is the ticket.
The best way to get around the resort of Los Gigantes is by foot, however, if you wish to get up or down from Puerto Santiago it is advisable to get a taxi, which are reasonably priced, due to the steep hills.
Los Gigantes has notable cliffs in view of the resort and a picturesque marina.
Each year, in February, there is a carnival which parades through the village.
Many excursions are run from Los Gigantes for things such as whale watching.
A natural swimming pool is accessible from Calle Magnolia.
- 1 Oasis, Avda. Jose Gonzalez Forte 7, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Posh pool complex with water slides. You cannot bring in your own food or drinks. Adults €10, children €5.
There are restaurants along the marina and in the village centre. CK's Bistro, in the village, serves English cuisine.
- 1 Casa Gusto, Avenida del Emigrante 28, ☏ . Tu-Su 18:00-22:00. A small restaurant with ocean view run by a French couple that took pride in importing specialties from Brittany, and preparing them in some of the most delicious combinations imaginable. €15-30.
There are a number of bars.
- [dead link] The Tajinaste Clubhouse Restaurant & Bar, La Caldera nr Los Gigantes, ☏ . The Tajinaste Clubhouse is a fantastic place 5 minutes out of Los Gigantes. Its is set in beautiful surroundings with stunning panoramic views of Los Gigantes and La Gomera. As a Live music venue it boasts a wide range of live music to suit all ages with their set days of entertainment. Fantastic food is available in the evening including a char grill menu from the magnificent barbecue,and tapas is served throughout the day.
Los Gigantes has only one hotel but many apartments compared to regular residences.
- 1 Masca — A picturesque mountain village in the Teno Rural Park and starting point to the Masca Gorge, one of the most popular treks on Tenerife.
- 2 Guía de Isora — Desert town known for its greenhouse cultivation of bananas, tomatoes, and flowers.