Jump to navigation Jump to search
One of its claims to fame is that the current (since 2016) popular but controversial President of the Philippines, Rodriguo Duterte, was born there. His family have long been important in local politics.
- Maasin to Cebu City by Cokaliong Shipping lines.
- There is also a ferry from Maasin to/from Ubay on Bohol Island.
- there is now a Weesam Express fast ferry to/from maasin to Cebu City.
- you can also get a Jeppney to Bato port and get a 290 peso ferry to Cebu from there.
By bus & minivan
- There is direct bus trips from Manila to Massin at the Ali Mall terminal in Cubao, Quezon City and Pasay City.
- There are buses and Minivans between Maasin and Sogod via Bato. Baybay, Ormoc, Tacloban
- Philtranco Bus lines has two buses a day to/from Manila via Tacloban and Legazpi City.
- Busay Falls
- Guinsohotan Falls
- Maasin Cathedral
- Monte Cueva Shrine
- Bogo Bird Paradise
- Gaisano Metro Hiper & metro Supermarket (next to Maasin bus Terminal.). 9AM-8PM. has a food court.
- Prince Supermarket, Bantug Street, ☏ . 8AM-7:30PM.
- Metro Bank, Garces Strret. Has a 24-hour Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- PNB Bank, Juan Luna Strret. Has a 24-hour Visa Card ATM.
- Jollibee, R kangleon street. 7AM-10PM. Serves breakfast from 7AM-11AM
- Mang Inasal (near bus terminal). 9am-9pm. from 99.
- Alberto's Pizza, Espina Street, ☏ . 9am-11pm. very good low cost pizza. from 80.
- GV Hotel, T Opus Street. (the Maasin port is beside the GV hotel), ☏ . 43 single and double rooms each with an electric fan or air conditioning, en suite and cable TV. from ₱475.
- Ampil pensionne, tomas oppus street, ☏ . Fan single, fan double, a/c double. ₱150/₱300/₱450..
- Southern Comfort Pensionne., Demetrio Street, ☏ . Air-conditioned single and double rooms of different sizes all with own bathrooms and cable TV. ₱500/₱700.
- DW Pensione, Barangay Abgao, ☏ . Large fan room with balcony. From ₱350.