Maasin is a city and the the capital of Southern Leyte. It is located at the southern tip of Leyte island.
One of its claims to fame is that the current (since 2016) popular but controversial President of the Philippines, Rodriguo Duterte, was born there. His family have long been important in local politics.
- Maasin to Cebu City by Cokaliong Shipping lines.
- There is also a ferry from Maasin to/from Ubay on Bohol Island.
- there is now a Weesam Express fast ferry to/from maasin to Cebu City.
- you can also get a Jeppney to Bato port and get a 290 peso ferry to Cebu from there.
By bus & minivan
- There is direct bus trips from Manila to Massin at the Ali Mall terminal in Cubao, Quezon City and Pasay City.
- There are buses and Minivans between Maasin and Sogod via Bato. Baybay, Ormoc, Tacloban
- Philtranco has two buses a day to/from Manila via Tacloban and Legazpi City.
- Busay Falls
- Guinsohotan Falls
- Maasin Cathedral
- Monte Cueva Shrine
- Bogo Bird Paradise
- Metro Gaisano (next to Maasin bus Terminal.). 9AM-8PM. Has a Gaisano supermarket and a food court.
- Prince Supermarket, Bantug St, ☏ . 8AM-7:30PM.
- Metrobank, Garces St. Has a 24-hour Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- PNB, Juan Luna St. Has a 24-hour Visa Card ATM.
- Alberto's Pizza, Espina St, ☏ . 9am-11pm. very good low cost pizza. from 80.
- GV Hotel, T. Opus St (the Maasin port is beside the GV hotel), ☏ . 43 single and double rooms each with an electric fan or air conditioning, en suite and cable TV. from ₱475.
- Ampil Pensionne, T. Oppus St, ☏ . Fan single, fan double, a/c double. ₱150/₱300/₱450..
- Southern Comfort Pensionne., Demetrio St, ☏ . Air-conditioned single and double rooms of different sizes all with own bathrooms and cable TV. ₱500/₱700.
- DW Pensione, Abgao, ☏ . Large fan room with balcony. From ₱350.
|Routes through Maasin|
|Baybay ← Matalom ←||N S||→ Macrohon → Sogod|