Wikivoyage has a guide to Rail travel in the United Kingdom.
By train: Malton is on the York to Scarborough line. First TransPennine Express trains run hourly west to Scarborough (30 mins; change at Seamer for Filey and Bridlington) and east to York, Leeds, Manchester Victoria and Liverpool Lime Street.
By bus: the hourly "Yorkshire Coastliner" runs east to Scarborough, Whitby and Bridlington, and west to York and Leeds.
- Castle Howard is a magnificent 18th C Baroque stately home, open daily. 8 miles west of Malton, see North York Moors for details.
- 1 Kirkham Priory, Whitwell on the Hill, YO60 7JS (6 miles south-west of Malton), ☏ . adults £3.50, children £2.10, concessions £3.20.
- 2 Nunnington Hall, Nunnington, near York, YO62 5UY (11 miles north-west of Malton), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 3 Eden Camp, ☏ . a Second World War prisoner of war internment camp turned into a museum
- 4 Wharram Percy. deserted medieval village
- 5 Malton Priory, Town Street, Old Malton, YO17 7HB. usually open. Ruins of a priory founded in 1131. St Mary's Priory Church is in the grounds and is the only church of the Gilbertine Order still in regular use. free.
- The Old Lodge, Old Maltongate, ☏ .
- 1 Platform 1 (Castle Howard Station), Station House, Castle Howard Station Road, Welburn, YORK YO60 7EW (Between York and Malton off the A64), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Platform 1 provides unique accommodation within the former Castle Howard Station, a grade II listed building with a fascinating history. Situated within an area of outstanding natural beauty, it will appeal to those with historical, architectural and wildlife interests as well as those who are passionate about railways.