Most visitors arrive by car on U.S. Hwy 63, from Hardy, Arkansas or Thayer, Missouri. State Highway 9 from Salem, Arkansas also gains access.
Small airports are located in nearby Thayer, Missouri and Cherokee Village, Arkansas.
- Mammoth Spring located in Mammoth Spring State Park is one of the word's largest freshwater springs and one of the most easily accessible. The spring and waterfall are a great place to stop and stretch your legs or take a much needed rest while traveling.
- Spring River is one of the most popular float streams in the state due to its constant water levels and temperatures.
- Visit Mammoth Spring State Park has a walking trail, playground, picnic tables and pavilions and a tourist information center.
- Paddle, raft, or tube the spring-fed Spring River.
- Fishing for trout, walleye, or smallmouth bass on the cool Spring River.
- Stay at a campground along the Spring River.
- Shop for antiques.
Groceries, gas, and necessities are not available in Mammoth Spring, but available just over the state line in Thayer, Missouri.
Several antique stores and flea markets are located in Mammoth Spring.
- Fred's Fish House, 215 Main Between 2nd. & North 3rd Street, ☏ . One of the region's most famous restaurants known for excellent catfish and hushpuppiles. The Travel Channel's Anthony Bourdain dined at Fred's during his episode featuring the Ozarks.
- Wood's Riverbend Restaurant, Main Street, ☏ . Is located on the grounds of the former Nettleton Hotel, is a popular restaurant overlooking the Spring River and mill dam waterfall at Mammoth Spring State Park
- La Pastorella, 355 Main Street, ☏ . A unique dining experience.
- Spring Dipper, US 63 South, ☏ . Best ice cream anywhere!
- Mammoth Spring is located in a dry county. Alcoholic beverages for outdoor recreation or camping must be purchased in nearby Thayer, Missouri or Hardy, Arkansas. Plan ahead.
- The Beverage Shoppe, US Hwy 63, ☏ . Locally owned package store providing all your float trip and hunting camp needs.
- Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel, U.S. 63 South, ☏ . Accommodations near Mammoth Spring, Arkansas
- Riverview Motel, 423 U.S. 63, ☏ . Accommodations overlooking Spring River in Mammoth Spring, Arkansas.
Campgrounds, Canoe Rentals, and Fishing Guides
- Spring River Flies and Guides. Is Springs River's primary flyfishing guide service and operates a retail shop a few miles south on U.S. Highway 63.
- Mammoth Spring Canoe Rental. Is the nearest canoe rental to town and allows easy, paved, highway access.
- Mammoth Spring Campground. Is a friendly campground within walking distance of Mammoth Spring State Park and the shops and restaurants on Main Street.
- Many Islands Canoe Rental
- Riverbend Campground
- Riverside Resort
- Spring River Oaks
|Routes through Mammoth Spring|
|Jefferson City ← West Plains ←||N S||→ Hoxie → Jonesboro|