Maryborough is a city in Central Queensland.
Located three hours from Brisbane, Maryborough was a major immigration port into Australia and a visit to the Wharf Street Precinct retains many reminders of this period.
Much of Maryborough's character has been preserved in classic Queenslander houses, mostly built of local timber in a range of sizes and designs. Gracing the city's broad tree-lined streets, these homes have given Maryborough a reputation as one of the most beautiful historic locations in Queensland.
Within minutes of the city centre are rich farmlands, gold beaches, rainforests, islands and national parks. Beautifully restored 'Queenslanders' (the unique houses built for tropical Queensland), graceful commercial buildings and lovely old churches are three of Maryborough's great drawcards.
The Tilt Train stops at Maryborough West Station and a shuttle bus transports travellers into Maryborough CBD.
Hervey Bay Airport (HVB) airport is around 30 min from Maryborough.
The airport is called the Fraser Coast airport, by some airlines.
- Qantaslink  fly from Brisbane.
- Virgin Blue  operates services from Sydney. Often flights to Hervey Bay from Sydney are cheaper than flights to Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast.
Shuttles are available from Maryborough to the Airport.
Coach services running north from Brisbane stop in Maryborough.
Car rental facilities are easily available. Avis, Hertz, & Budget all have car rental depots.
Taxis are available. Call the national 131 008 taxi number for service.
The local bus company is Wide Bay Transit and travel many different routes.
The wonderful colonial architecture of our commercial buildings and magnificent Queenslander homes.
The Mary Poppins statue is outside the building where Mary Poppins author P.L. Travers was born.
- Take a walk or relax by the river in majestic Queens Park, one of Australia's first botanic gardens, and still an expansive garden that's well worth a visit.
- Sunday in the Park is a lazy Sunday morning of fun, food, brass bands, steam train rides and river cruises held every last Sunday of the month in Queens Park.
Hear the big bang of the historic time cannon.
Meet city ambassadors - Mary Heritage and the Town Crier.
Snag a bargain at the city's famous weekly Heritage City Markets every Thursday morning.
Have your photo taken with the Mary Poppins Statue.
See the best collection of "Old Queenslander" homes in the state.
Visit the many museums.
Visit Portside - the heritage precinct - which was once voted as one of the top "Must Do" experiences in Queensland.
A well developed service centre, you can find a comprehensive shopping area for supplies and a bit extra. Banks, ATMs and currency exchange are all easily available.
- Arkana Motel, 46 Ferry Street Maryborough (300 mtrs north of Lamington Bridge), ☏ . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 10AM. The Arkana Motel offers clean and comfortable 3½-star air-conditioned accommodation in Maryborough, Queensland. The motel is minutes from the City Centre. Affordable rates and a friendly atmosphere. $80-146.
- Maryborough Motel and Conference Centre (Maryborough Accommodation), 298 Walker Street (3 km from the Central Business District), ☏ . AAA-rated three-star motel.
|Routes through Maryborough|
|Rockhampton ← Childers ←||N S||→ Gympie → Brisbane|