- For other places with the same name, see Mason City (disambiguation).
Mason City is a city in Iowa, renowned for its collection of architecture by Frank Lloyd Wright and other Prairie School architects, considered the most significant concentration of such architecture outside of Oak Park, Illinois.
U.S. Highways 18 and 65 go through Mason City. Interstate 35 runs through the nearby town of Clear Lake, about 7 miles west of Mason City.
- 1 Mason City Municipal Airport (MCW IATA). Nonstop service on Air Choice One to Minneapolis/St. Paul, Fort Dodge, Chicago, and Burlington, IA.
Public transportation is close to non-existent in Mason City. There is a paratransit van service available but no public bus system in place.
- Music Man Square/ Museum, 308 South Pennsylvania Avenue Mason City, IA 50401.
The Northwestern Steakhouse is locally famous for its steaks. Birdsall's ice cream is also locally well-known for its delicious shakes, malts, and ice cream and is a local landmark, unchanged for decades.
- Decker House Bed and Breakfast, 119 2nd St. SE, ☏ .
- 1 Park Inn Hotel, 15 W State St, ☏ , toll-free: .
|Routes through Mason City|
|Jct N S ← Clear Lake ←||W E||→ Charles City → Prairie du Chien|
|END ← Albert Lea ←||N S||→ Iowa Falls → Des Moines|