Massapequa is in Nassau County. This article also covers the village of Massapequa Park.
Massapequa is home to more than 20,000 residents. Inside Massapequa is a smaller village known as Massapequa Park, but many of the locals don't consider the two to be any different. It has been home to many famous and infamous celebrities including Jerry Seinfeld, The Baldwin Brothers, The Baldinger Brothers, Elliot Easton, Charlie Kaufman, and Joey Buttafuoco.
The main roads in and out of here are Sunrise Highway and Merrick Road. If traveling through Long Island it is recommended that one takes the Southern State Parkway or Sunrise Highway to arrive.
Nassau Inter-County Express operates a number of bus connections to Massapequa.
The nearest airport is Republic Airport; however, JFK is recommended.
It is advisable to have a car in order to get around, but a bike could do the trick if you don't mind riding on roads.
- 1 All American, 4286 Merrick Road. All American is THE burger joint to go to on Long Island. Especially if you're already in Massapequa. The place looks exactly the same as it started back in the 1963 (without the rollerskating waitress'). Lines are almost always out the door but you can place your order and eat it all in about 20 minutes on a good day. Many people travel from all over to eat at All American and the locals swear by it. ~ $10.
- Il Classico, 4857 Merrick Rd. Massapequa Pk. NY, ☏ . Wonderful Italian food with an old charm to it. The waiters are very knowledgeable of the food they serve and also great with wine suggestions. The place is never too packed. $$$.
- Krisch's Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlour, 11 Central Ave, ☏ . Step back in time into the 1950s, Krisch's has all the touches of a 50s hamburger joint and the style too. The ice cream is a must and the food isn't half bad either. They also have an amazing fudge and candy selection as well. No need to sit-down, but it's half the experience! They have a fun challenge called the Kitchen Sink, finish it all and you get a T-Shirt. $.
- The Good Life, 1039 Park Blvd. Massapequa Park, NY 11762, ☏ . Tons of craft beers to choose from, both on tap and bottled. One of the more lively drinking scenes in Massapequa. Plenty of standing room and the crowd ranges from all ages. Food is pretty good too! $$.
- Best Western Bar Harbor Inn, 5080 Sunrise Hwy, Massapequa Park. $$.
|Routes through Massapequa|
|Freeport ← Wantagh ←||W E||→ Amityville → Babylon|
|Queens ← Wantagh ←||W E||→ Amityville → Babylon|