Matale has a tropical climate, like the rest of Sri Lanka.
The town has a mixed culture. The city centre has a majority of Sinhalese with a minority of Muslims and Tamils, very much like Sri Lanka as a whole.
Matale is 25 km and 1 hour north from Kandy.
- Muthumariamman Temple.
- Aluvihare Temple. The place where the Tripitaka was translated to Sinhala.
- Hindu Tamil Temple. A temple for Tamils of Hindu religion.
- Matale Rebellion in 1848. Where the Matale Rebellion took place.
- Dole well.
- Aluvihaya Temple from Aluviharay
- Rangiri Dambulla Temple
- NaLanda Temple ("GEDIGE")
- Home Seas Restaurant.
- Rest house Matale, Park Rd , Matale (A-9 road), ☏ . 4 air-con rooms and 10 fan rooms.