Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mattanur is a major town in Kannur District where a new international airport is being built. It is between Kannur and Iritty. Buses to Mysore and Bangalore pass by Mattanur.
The airport site is 3 km from Mattanur and work is in progress.
The nearest railway stations are at Kannur, 22 km and Thalassery, 27 km.
- 1 Kannur International Airport (CNN IATA), Kannur - Mattannur Rd (5.3 km by road from Mattanur, 25 km east of Kannur), ☏ +91 4902474464, email@example.com. There are international flights from and to Abu Dhabi, Doha, Riyadh and Sharjah, while domestically there are flights between Kannur and Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
- Autorikshaws charge ₹15.00 per km
- Buses charge only ₹7.00 for three km.
- Kottiyoor Temple (57 km). Vyshakha festival every year in the month of June.
- Pazhashi Dam and Gardens (18 km).
- See a film from an old theatre, 9 k.m. Rani Talkies, Vengad near Koothuparamba is a period building with an old fashioned film show every day.
- Janatha Bakery, Mattannur Bus station.
- Monaco Restaurant, Valiyannur.
- Adukkala Restaurant, Chalod.
- CMK Restaurant, Near Palott Pally, Mysore Road.
- Gazal Restaurant, Chavashery on Mysore Road.
- Rafeequekka Teashop, Near Mattanur Highschool. Popular for beef fry, parottas and kalthappam sweets.
- Life Cafe, Opposite the Court Complex. Fine shawarma without cabbage.
- Urban Cafe, Indira Nagar, ☏ +91 8593891111. Popular for their Alfam Chicken and Chikku Juice.
- KL 13 Teashop, Mathukoth. Bondas, Pazhampori, Sukhiyans and Chicken Rolls.