Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mayiladuthurai is a town in Tamil Nadu.
- 1 Mayuranathar Temple.
- 2 Parimala Renganathar Temple, Thiruindalur (Sri Parimala Renganathar Temple). One of the famous temples where Perumal is in reclining poisture. One of 108 Divya Desams.
- 3 Thirukadaiyur Kalasamharamoorthy Temple (Thirukadaiyur Abhirami Temple) (Town buses from Mayiladuthurai, as well as Karaikkal bound buses have a stop there). 05:30 to 12 & 16:30 to 20:00. A temple that is supposedly the place where Lord Shiva protected Markandeya from Yama (Lord of Death) when he was about to take the boy's life. Hence, this temple is supposed to give longevity of life to devotees. A function called Sashtiaptha poorthi (Completion of 60) is often celebrated for couples; particularly at the temple premises, when the husband reaches 60 or Sadhabishegam when he reaches 80, which is believed to give them a long life.
This Temple is also famous for the Sannidhi of Goddess Abhirami, an incarnation of Devi Adi Parasakthi, the Universe creator. As per Legend, Abirami Bhattar, a devotee of Goddess Abirami, informs a New Moon Day as a Full Moon Day when questioned by the Chola King, as he is completely immersed in the devotion to Goddess and doesnt actually understand what he was speaking . In anger, Chola King threatens to sentence him to death if the moon doesnt turn up that Night. Placed on a plank over the flames, Abirami Bhattar sings the Abhirami Anthathi in praise of the Goddess and the Goddess, shows her diamong ear stud in the night sky making it glow like the moon and saves Abhirami Bhattar. The King is deeply moved by the immense devotion of the devotee and rewards him suitably. Free entrance..
- Hotel Archana Hotel, Pattamangala Street. A very good vegetarian restaurant. The service and the food will be very good.
- Kaliyakudi Hotel, 16, Pattamangala Street, Mayiladuthurai, ☏ . A very good vegetarian restaurant.
- Mani Iyer Hotel, Sannathi Street, ☏ . A very good vegetarian restaurant very close to the Temple, located on the Sannathi Street. The place is very small but the service and the food were very good.
- 1 MM Bismi Briyani House (near Rathna Mahal), ☏ . 11:30am–11pm All Days. Non-veg restaurant. Dining, takeaway, delivery and bulk-order available
- Hotel Pams, (nr Old Bus Stand).
- Hotel Silambu, (nr Old Bus Stand).
- Vaitheeswaran Koil