Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Huguenot Memorial Park, 10980 Heckscher Dr, Jacksonville (Across the ferry from Mayport), ☏ . This seaside park offers 70 primitive campground sites, a playground, picnic areas and fishing.
- 2 St. Johns River Lighthouse, Patrol Rd (Come into the Village, once you pass Safe Harbor Seafood, one of the largest seafood retailers/wholesalers in Florida. You can make a right down any road and come to the end and make a left, you can see the back part that abuts the salt marsh. And you'll snake around and you will see the light house, and will have a great view. It is actually on US Government property.).
Take a ferry ride. See the lighthouse! Drive down the streets and you can see history. See The Church on Palmer and Ribault Park Drive in the Village.
- 1 Safe Harbor Seafood Market & Restaurant, 4378 Ocean St, ☏ . 10AM-8PM. Bustling seafood market on the river serves over-the-counter catch in a no-frills pierside setting.
- 2 Singleton's Seafood Shack, 4728 Ocean St, ☏ . 10AM-8PM. Rustic fish camp is a longtime source of seafood basics served in a weathered waterside space.
- 1 , 1980 Baltimore St, ☏ . Understated venue on a Naval base offering simple rooms, free Wi-Fi & to-go breakfast bags.
- 2 , 1925 Baltimore St (this is actually not in the village. Also on Naval property....), ☏ .