Mays Landing (also referred to as Hamilton Township) is a small town in Atlantic County, New Jersey. Population as of the 2000 census was 2321 residents. It is a lovely town and the perfect place to live or to spend the day. It has charm in its historic section with fine restaurants, local shops, marinas and a great view of the river from Gaskill park. The historic village of Mays Landing also has the distinction of being the County Seat of Atlantic County since 1837.
Atlantic City Expressway, Exit 12 connects to U.S. 40 which runs through to Mays Landing.
Locals will recommend a quaint cove nearby where one can sit in the sun on a little beach by Lake Lenape.
Boating, camping, and exploring the vast areas of the surrounding Atlantic County Park System are some of the local area activities. There is a roller skating rink, Area sports fields for Football, Baseball, Hockey, etc..
- Hamilton Mall, 4403 Black Horse Pike, 609 646 8326. Anchored by such department stores as Sears, JC Penney, and Macy’s, this mall also offers over one hundred forty specialty stores and shops, a variety of restaurants, and a food court. Located close to the mall are large retail outlets such as Target and Best Buy.
Area Restaurants include the Olive Garden, Chilis, and Applebees to name a few of the more mainstream restaurants that can be found in addition to more local eateries such as Gyros and More, Cavallino-Nero, Crabby's Inc, etc.
- Freddy J's Bar & Kitchen.
- Ye Olde Mill Street Pub, 201 West Main St.
- Mulberry On Main, 6026 Main St.
- The Abbot House. Bed and breakfast. A stay at the Historic Abbott House is an experience guests will not forget!
- The Inn at Sugar Hill. Bed and breakfast. Dedicated to fine dining, good spirits, and quaint lodging.
|Routes through Mays Landing|
|Philadelphia ← Hammonton ←||W E||→ Pleasantville → Atlantic City|
|New Castle ← Woodstown ←||W E||→ Pleasantville → Atlantic City|
|Chester ← Williamstown ←||W E||→ Pleasantville → Atlantic City|
|Hamilton Township, Atlantic County, New Jersey|