Jump to navigation Jump to search
Maysville, in Kentucky's Northern Ohio River Region, is an old historic town located on the banks of the Ohio River.
Amtrak serves Maysville via its thrice-weekly Cardinal train, running between Chicago, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Washington, D.C., New York. Westbound trains arrive around midnight while eastbound ones arrive early morning around 5 AM. However, note that delays are quite common. 1 Maysville station is located at the intersection of West Front Street and Rosemary Clooney Street, west of downtown.
- 1 Simon Kenton Memorial Bridge. Carries U.S. Route 62 over the Ohio River.
- 2 Russell Theatre, 9 E. Third St..
- 3 National Underground Railroad Museum, 38 W. 4th Street, ☏ +1 606-564-3200. Open W, F, SA. Focuses on the underground railroad activity here during the 1850s, located in the Bierbower estate where runaway slaves were formerly housed on their path to freedom.
- 4 Kentucky Gateway Museum Center, 215 Sutton Street, ☏ +1 606-564-5865. Explores area history, such as European American arrivals and African American heritage.
- 5 Washington Historic District (Old Washington), 2028 Old Main St, ☏ +1 606 759-7411. Site of first county seat in Mason County, this suburb of Maysville has a unique historic district with such attractions as Harriet Beecher Stowe Museums, Mefford's Fort, and the Old Church Museum
- 1 The Old Pogue Distillery, 715 Germantown Rd. Th-Sa 11AM-3PM. Sample some original bourbon here and take a tour.
- 1 Pasquale's Restaurant, 786 US Hwy 68, ☏ +1 606 564-4039. Gotta try the stomboli. Ask anyone in town.
- 1 French Quarter Inn, 25 E Mcdonald Pkwy, ☏ +1 606-564-8000.
- 2 Quality Inn, 1428a US 68, ☏ +1 606 759-5696, fax: +1 606 759-5695.
|Routes through Maysville|
|Indianapolis ← Cincinnati ←||W E||→ Ashland → Charleston|
|Wilmington ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Paris → Lexington|