Mbarara is a city in Western Uganda.
From the bus park Global Coaches and Swift Safaris have buses to Kampala. from the same bus park there are Bismarkan coaches going to Kabale USh 15,000. From out side the post office the Post bus goes to Kampala at 9:30AM. and to Kabale at 12:30PM. there are also 14 seat vans going from the bus park to Kasese for USh 20,000.
There are also motorcycles commonly known as boda-boda in Mbarara that can move to different parts of the city at a small fee ranging from UGX 1000 to UGX 3000
There are also small cars commonly known as special cars that can be hired by one or group of people to be taken to any part of the country at passengers terms
- Swimming: Swimming pools in Mbarara area are at Lakeview Resort Hotels 3 km outside town, off Mbarara-Bushenyi Road, Hotel Triangle, Big Fun Entertainment
- Clubs and bars such as Signature Premium, Ice Lounge, Soho Terrace,
- Tourism: Mbarara has many tourist attractions which include Mbarara River Rwizi Falls, Igongo Cultural Centre, Nkokonjeru Tombs among others
- Shopping: There are many shopping centers around Mbarara Town and these Include Super Markets, Bata shop, Boutiques among others
Banks & ATMs
Most of the banks have Visa ATM Card Access centers.
- [dead link] Agip Motel. Probably the best inter-continental food in Mbarara, nice patio area. Also serves a popular African lunch buffet.
- Heat, Bremba Rd. This is a unique place. At day the grounds serve as a car wash, and on Friday and Saturday nights it turns into an open-air nightclub. They also serve very decent plates of BBQ pork. The DJ either plays 1990s hit music (i.e. Madonna and Euro techno) mixed up with contemporary indigenous music.
There are many cheap hotels and small restaurants on Bananuka Road.
- Jombe Accommodation, Plot 52 Bishop Wills Road (London Arcade opp Commercial complex), ☏ . Check-in: 10AM, check-out: 10AM. Big single/double room with own bathroom. Twin bed room with own bathroom. Nets in rooms. USh 20,000/30,000/40,000..
- Millennium Hotel, Fort Portal Road. Single/double rooms. USh 26,000/38,000.
- Oasis Inn, plot 96 Victor Bwana Road. Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. double room with own bathroom and TV. USh 37,500.
- Scenery Guesthouse, Ntale Road. Check-in: noon, check-out: 10AM. Double room with own bathroom and TV. USh 38,500.
- Tobiz Guesthouse, Mapata Road (near St Johns Church.). Check-in: 10AM, check-out: 9AM. Double room with own bathroom. USh 38,000.
- Nafuba Internet cafe. 8AM-10pm. A fast internet cafe. 20 min USh 500. 40 min USh 1000. USh 1500 a hour.