Melamadai is one of Tamil Nadu's finest tourist spots in Madurai Corporation. It is situated 5 km from Madurai Goddess Meenakshi Amman Temple. Melamadai is located in the Madurai District and is under the administrative control of Madurai Corporation. The Melamadai Vandiyur Lake is the best place in the area to admire the beauty of nature; the best season to view Melamadai Vandiyur Lake is October to January. Melamadai is also referred as "place of wonder, where the city & village join."
The Melamadai Vandiyur Lake is the best place to admire the beauty of nature, the best season to view Melamadai Vandiyur Lake is October to January; Melamadai is also referred as "place of wonder, where the city & village joins together."
The closest airport to Melamadai is Madurai International Airport, 17 km away.
Nearest railway station is Madurai Railway Station at a distance of 5 km. From Madurai Railway Station, one has to travel only by road. Taxis are available to Melamadai. there are other mode of transport here such as city bus, share auto, the prices are often not negotiable in share autos.
Straight buses are available from Madurai Railway Station to Melamadai as well, It takes around 15 minutes from Madurai Railway Station by bus.
Melamadai is located at a distance of 6 km approximately from Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple and there are plenty of buses plying from various parts of the city.
Buses ply from Periyar Bus stand,Madurai Railway Station, Simmmakal, Madurai, and Mattuthavani.
buses available from Madurai (Periyar bus stand) to Melamadai at regular timings.
Reach Melamadai from Madurai (6 km) for approximately ₹130/-
- Pandi Kovil - perhaps the most famous temple in Madurai situated in Melamadai. This is a very old temple which said to be around more than 600 years old. preferable days to visit Pandi kovil are Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Migratory Birds - Migratory Birds adds feather to the crown in Melamadai vandiyur Lake.
- Boating, Swimming, & Fishing - Boating, swimming, and Fishing in Melamadai Vandiyur Lake provides some more ever green memories. (only allowed if corporation authority provides permission)
- Shopping malls - various shopping malls and a cinema theatre are located nearby Melamadai
- mutton rice - every Friday mutton rice will be provided in pandi temple to the devotees
- sarpath -sarpath is a local made juice which will be available almost all the shops in Madurai
- Hotels - Numerous hotels are available in Madurai from low to high budget, from Madurai Melamadai Vandiyur Lake is only 8 km