Erode, as the headquarters of Erode district, has an extensive highway and road network.
The Tamil Nadu State Road Transport Corporation operates huge fleet of buses from Erode to almost all places of the state and to neighboring states like Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
There are lot of trains available from all parts of Tamil Nadu. Catch Cheran, Nilgiri, Kovai, Yercaud, Allepey and all Kerala-bound trains from Chennai Central.
- Bhavani Sangameshwarar Temple (Mukkoodal). Sangameshwarar Temple, Bhavani is about 12 kms. from Erode. The famous Sangameshwara Temple is on the shores of the Bhavani river. Three rivers by name Cauvery, Bhavani and invisible Amudha merge at this pilgrimage place.
- Bannari Amman Temple. Bannari Amman Temple is 75 kms away from Erode and 10 kms distance from Sathyamangalam.It is the famous temple in Erode District and situated at the bottom of the Western Ghats and on the way to Mysore.
- Sivanmalai (Hill Temples of Lord Murugan). Sivanmalai - is about 50 kms. from Erode and very near to Kangayam
- Bhavanisagar Dam. Bhavanisagar Dam is about 16 kms from Sathyamangalam across the river Bhavani.
- Kodiveri Dam. Kodiveri Dam is about 10 kms from Gobichettipalayam and 55 kms from Erode
- Chennimalai (Hill Temples of Lord Murugan). Chennimalai - is about 30 kms. from Erode and 12 kms from Perundurai
- Thindalmalai (Hill Temples of Lord Murugan). Thindalmalai - is 5 kms from Erode
- Vattamalai (Hill Temples of Lord Murugan). Vattamalai - is about 5 kms from Kangayam
- Government Museum. Government Museum, was opened to the public in 1987. The important exhibits are inscription of Kongu Chola, hero stones from Bargur, Tanjore paintings, manuscripts, coins, geological objects, Kodumanal antiques and other pre-history items. It has both botanical and zoological specimens also. The Museum is known for its collection of palm-leaf manuscripts and coins.
- Birds Sanctuary (Vellode). Birds Sanctuary, Vellode - is about 15 kms from Erode
- Periyar Memorial House.
Gobichetti palayam is a famous cinema shooting spot near to Erode.
Known for its name "Textile City" - you get lot of textile products (Bedspreads, shirting and suiting....) for very low price.
Erode is famous for Textile market.
Textile merchants from various parts of India converge here for Textile trading, especially cotton materials.
Erode is also famous for Turmeric (Manjal) which is a natural anti-septic powder.
In Erode you can find Parotta, Dosai, Idly etc. You will also be able to locate a lot of multi-cuisine restaurants in an around Erode. Both the vegetarian and the non-vegetarian people could have a tasty and tummy full food cheaper than other cities in Tamil Nadu.
Vegetarian : Trichy Cafe - two hotels. One located near bus-stand and the other near Manikoondu. and also kongu parotta for its delicious parotta Non-Vegetarian : Kuppanna - famous for its biriyani. Located in multiple places. Recommended - The one near the bus-stand.
Sri Ayyappa Vilas- famous for its mutton chops started in the year 1955.
chiken pallipalayam is very special dish prepared by coconut and chicken.
Iswarya Mariott Club Melange