Mersey Ferry operates hourly service on the River Mersey between Liverpool, Seacombe (Wirral) and Woodside near Birkenhead (Wirral). Manchester Ship Canal cruise operates by Mersey Ferry to Salford Quays. It does not generally serve Twelve Quays Ferry Terminal in Birkenhead.
- 1 Pier Head Ferry Terminal, Liverpool (nearest train station is James St in Liverpool), ☏ . includes cafe, toilets, Matou restaurant, the Beatles Story, two shops and fab4d cinema.
- 2 Woodside Ferry Terminal, Woodside, Wirral (nearest train station is Hamilton Square in Birkenhead and small bus station outside), ☏ . includes toilets, cafe with great views upstairs indoors and outdoors across the River Mersey to Pier Head and Liverpools waterfront. Also includes a 19th century submarine and tram inside the building from Wirral tramway
- 3 Seacombe Ferry Terminal, Victoria Place, Seacombe, Wallasey, Wirral, CH44 6QY (a long promenade runs from here along Wirrals scenic coast, not near train station, but bus services operate), ☏ . includes cafe, toilets and play centre
- Salford Quays, The Quays, Salford, Lancs, M50 3AH, ☏ . no facilities, berthing only
- Dazzle Ferry (MV Snowdrop), ☏ . Camouflage colours and patterns as used in war
- 1 U boat story, Woodside Ferry Terminal, Wirral, ☏ . 10-6:30pm. featuring U-534 in cross sections and small exhibition. Admittance included in River Explorer Cruise.
- Wirral Tramway, Woodside, ☏ . Weekends and Bank Holiday Mondays – 1pm – 4.30 pm. half hourly return service between Woodside Ferry Terminal and Wirral Transport Museum £2 adults £1.50 children.
- Wirral Transport Museum, 1 Taylor St, Birkenhead, CH41 1BG , ☏ . Weekends and Bank Holiday Mondays – 1pm – 4.30 pm. includes tea room and toilets
- Resurgam replica, Woodside Ferry Terminal (Woodside near Hamilton Square, Birkenhead). 24h. Victorian wooden submarine replica
Pier Head, Liverpool
- The Beatles Story and Fab 4d cinema (Pier Head Ferry Terminal, Liverpool), ☏ . one attraction ticket can cover both of these and the main Beatles Story in the Albert Dock
- British Music Experience, Cunard building, Pier Head, Liverpool, ☏ . 10-6pm.
- Commuter service, ☏ . 10 mins in the morning and evening direct to Pier Head.
- River Explorer Cruise. 50 mins, this calls at Pier Head, Seacombe and Woodside and includes access to U-boat story. For an extra cost you can include a hop on hop off bus tour in Liverpool. This is the best for tourists.
- Manchester Ship Canal Cruise, Salford Quays, ☏ . 6 hours between Liverpool or Seacombe and Salford with coach return. This does not call at Woodside, but does travel via Eastham ferry entrance to the ship canal.
- Summer Evening Cruise. this operates only on the river mersey
- Pier Head Ferry terminal shop. on the ground floor of the Pier Head ferry terminal
- Royal Iris of the Mersey onboard shop.
- Matou (Pier Head Ferry Terminal, Liverpool), 2nd floor, Georges Parade Pier Head, Mersey Ferry Terminal, Liverpool L3 1DP, ☏ . 12-11pm. Pan asian cuisine with excellent indoor and outdoor views whilst dining across the mersey to wirral
- The Fab4 cafe (Pier Head Ferry Terminal), ☏ . ground gloor cafe with lift access to upper level
- Crowne Plaza, St Nicholas Place, Princes Dock, Liverpool , ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. the nearest hotel to any of the ferry terminals