MiMo Boulevard is in Miami, running along Biscayne Boulevard from 50th Terrace up to 77th street. The term MiMo stands for Miami Modern Architecture, commemorating its post World War II modern architecture. Although MiMo Boulevard has been neglected for decades and has been plagued with prostitution and the drug trade, the area has experienced a renaissance since 2007 when popular restaurants and stores began coming to the area. Now MiMo is lined with interesting restaurants, lounges and bars.
From Miami International Airport head east on Highway 112 and exit at Biscayne Boulevard. Make a right onto Biscayne Boulevard and head north until you reach 50th street. From South Beach head west on Highway 395 or Highway 195 and exit at Biscayne Boulevard. Make a right onto Biscayne Boulevard and head north until you reach 50th street. From Fort Lauderdale International Airport, head south on I-95 and exit at 79th street in Miami. Turn left and head west until you reach Biscayne Boulevard. Make a right onto Biscayne Boulevard and head South.
- 1 Coppertone Sign, 7300 Biscayne Blvd. The original "Coppertone Sign" which has been preserved by the City of Miami. One of MiMo Boulevard's most famous landmarks.
- Julian Chang Boutique, 7246 Biscayne Blvd Miami, FL 33138, ☏ , Retail@JulianChang.com. 11AM - 7PM. High-end clothing store by well known local Miami designer, Julian Chang.
MiMo Boulevard is probably most well known for the motels, which until used to be all run down and were havens for illegal activity. A few though have recognized the rebirth of MiMo Boulevard and have taken the initiatives to reinvent themselves.
- 1 New Yorker Boutique Hotel, 6500 Biscayne Blvd.. An upscale boutique hotel, built inside the shell of a 1953 motel designed by Norman Giller (a famous post World War II modern architect).
- 2 Motel Bianco, 5255 Biscayne Blvd, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Located at the base of MiMo Boulevard, it offers affordable, safe, clean accommodations. $50.
- 3 Vagabond Hotel, 7301 Biscayne Blvd, email@example.com. Newly renovated with 45 loft-like, spacious rooms, an Olympic style pool, Cabana bar and Googie's Diner.