The Dow Chemical Company was founded in Midland in 1897 and its world headquarters are still located here.
1 MBS International Airport (MBS IATA) is located in nearby Freeland, about midway between Midland, Bay City, and Saginaw. The airport is served by United Express flights from Chicago-O'Hare, plus Delta Connection flights from Detroit and Minneapolis/St. Paul, plus seasonal flights from Atlanta.
Off US Highway 10 west of I-75.
You will need your car.
- 1 Midland Center For The Arts (MCFTA), 1801 Saint Andrews Street, ☎ .
- 2 The Tridge. A three spoked footbridge over the Chippewa and Tittabawassee Rivers
- 3 Dow Gardens, 1809 Eastman Avenue, ☎ . landscaped botanical garden. $5.
- 4 Alden Dow House and Studio, 315 Post Street, ☎ . One of many buildings in the town designed by the architect Alden B. Dow.
- 1 Currie Municipal Golf Course, 1300 Currie Parkway, ☎ . This course is intermittently unavailable while they perform maintenance.
- Pere Marquette Rail-Trail. 28 mile walking and cycling trail from Midland to Loomis
- 1 Pis Chinese Restaurant, 1815 S. Saginaw Rd., ☎ . Nice local restaurant.
- 2 Villa D'Alessandro (Tuscany Banquet Hall), 801 E Wackerly St, ☎ . 11:00-14:00, 16:00-22:00. Villa D'Alessandro is a very nice Italian fine dining restaurant with amazing food. In the summer, sit outside near the fountain surrounded by vine wrapped walls. about $25 per person.
- 3 Cafe Zinc, 111 West Main Street, ☎ .
- 1 Frick's Bar, 4408 N Saginaw Rd, ☎ . Largest bar in town. Plenty of pool tables. Drinks are reasonably priced.
- 2 Oscar's Restaurant and Entertainment, 140 E Main St, ☎ . Great burgers. Big screen televisions make it a great place to watch the game.
- 1 Hampton Inn, 6701 Eastman Avenue, ☎ .
- 2 The H Hotel, 111 West Main Street, ☎ .
- 3 Holiday Inn Midland, 810 Cinema Drive, ☎ .
|Routes through Midland|
|Ludington ← Clare ←||W E||→ Bay City → END|
|Jct ← Mount Pleasant ←||W E||→ END|
|END ←||N S||→ Saginaw → END|