Jump to navigation Jump to search
Millport is the only town on the island of Great Cumbrae off the coast of Ayrshire.
- 1 Calmac Ferry (slipway is 4 miles north of Millport). from Largs generally every 30 minutes between 06:45 and 20:15 Mon - Sat, and between 09:15 and 20:15 on Sun. Bus connections to Millport are available. Combined rail and sail tickets are available from Scotrail.
- 1 Cathedral of the Isles. Scottish Episcopal Church (Anglican) cathedral, the smallest cathedral in Britain, opened in 1851. The cathedral was designed by the Gothic revival architect William Butterfield.
- 2 Garrison House cafe and museum.
- 3 Robertson Museum and Aquarium.
- 4 Crocodile Rock. A rock on the foreshore with a crocodile's face painted on it. It was painted in 1913 (or earlier) by Robert Brown.
- Newton Beach.
- 1 The Royal St. George, 1 Quayhead, ☏ .
- College of the Holy Spirit (Cathedral of the Isles). The Cathedral offers bed and breakfast when its 16 bedrooms are not used for groups and retreats. from £43.
- Other Clyde islands:
- Other islands in Scotland