For a light hearted introduction to the town, see the Milngavie 2020 Olympics Bid .
It is around 7 mi (11 km) north of the centre of Glasgow.
Regular trains (usually 2 per hour) run from Glasgow (Queen Street Station Low Level) to Milngavie. Some of these trains start in Edinburgh, taking about 1½ hours. There are also usually 2 trains per hour from Glasgow Central.
You can walk almost everywhere, Milngavie is a small place.
- Mugdock Country Park, Craigallian Road, Nr. Milngavie, G62 8EL (follow Ellangowan Road 2km North from Milngavie), ☎ . Country park including remains of the 14th-century Mugdock Castle.
RSMcColl- lovely little newsagents, lots of stock service with a smile.
Iron Chef- fruit and vegetables and cooking tools.
- The Talbot Arms. A traditional pub in the center of the town. Always welcoming and friendly, be sure to try the guest ale.
- Premier Inn, 103 Main Street, Milngavie,G62 6JQ, ☎ . Large chain hotel.
- Bearsden is a neighbouring town to the south.
- South to Glasgow
- East to Kirkintilloch
- West to Dumbarton, Balloch and Helensburgh
- Northwest to Drymen, Balmaha and Loch Lomond
- Northeast to Stirling