Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mount Ventoux covers 5 towns:
- The Mont Ventoux is a small mountain (1 912 meters high) between Massif des Baronnies and Monts du Vaucluse area. Places nearby produce excellent wine (such as the muscat of Beaumes-de-Venise). It is mostly famous for its ascension on bicycle during the famous bike race, the Tour de France, and one of the mythical places on the Tour. Many hiking trails (GR4 and GR9) pass through or nearby, making it a hiker's paradise.
- 1 Sainte-Croix Chapel. Highest chapel of Vaucluse, nearby the summit
- 2 Tom Simpson memorial.
- 3 Source du Groseau. source of the river Groseau, fresh drinking water available all year long, picnic area
- 1 Mont Serein Skiing station (Beaumont du Ventoux), ☏ . Alpine skiing : 12 km of trails • Cross-country skiing : 7 km of slopes • Snowshoeing : 8 km of tracks 16,80 € per day.
- 2 [dead link] Chalet Reynard skiing station. Skiing station in winter, bike park in summer
- 1 Camping du Mont Serein. 1410 meters high, north face of Mont Ventoux
- 2 AIRE NATURELLE LE GROZEAU Aire naturelle, ☏ . 10 places of camping, in naturel site 7 € to 13 €.