Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Cerveceria Cuahtemoc, ☏ . Av. Alfonso Reyes #2202 Nte. Monterrey is a historic beer brewing center, whose beers are household names around the world. The historic 19th century brewery is now used primarily for offices, with actual production happening in the modern plant across Avenida Cuahtemoc. Their outdoor beer garden is open daily to welcome visitors to sit down under the towering oak trees while enjoying free samples of Carta Blanca, Dos Equis, Bohemia, Sol, or one of the other beers brewed here. Tours of the brewery are available only by advance appointment.
- 2 Mexican Baseball Hall of Fame (Salon de la Fama del Beisbol), Avenida Alfonso Reyes, 2202, ☏ . The Mexican baseball hall of fame is located in the courtyard of the scenic Cerveceria Cuahtemoc. Stop in see the players who've made it big, not just in Mexico, but in U.S. major league teams as well. An entertaining and enlightening museum for any true sports fan.
- 3 Museo del Vidrio, Esq. Ignacio Zaragoza Magallanes 517, ☏ . Inside a bustling commercial glass works is a fascinating museum that features stunningly beautiful works of hand-spun glass. Some craft glass pieces are also for sale in the gift shop.
- 1 Arena Monterrey.
- 2 Parque Fundidora. The sprawling grounds of an abandoned steel mill have transformed into a most imaginative and delightful urban park. A professional race track runs through the park, though 364/365ths of the year it's a walking and bicycling track, wending its way through the fascinating landscape strewn with derelict industrial buildings and set against the dramatic backdrop of the looming Cerro de la Silla.
- 3 Parque Plaza Sesamo. Popular theme park featuring all your favorite Sesame Street characters, from Elmo to Big Bird. There's rides for the kids, shows, and an impressive array of water slides to help you cool off during the hottest summer afternoons.
- Estanzuela, Carretera Nacional 85 (Located southeast of Monterrey on National Highway 85), ☏ . Wed to Sun 8am to 5:30pm. A large national park with beautiful (steep) hikes. 5 pesos.
- 1 Galerías Valle Oriente, Lázaro Cárdenas 1000, Valle del Mirador (Rio Nazas). A huge mall with many different stores and a large foodcourt. See the website for a complete listing. On the North side of the mall is a large Cinepolis movie theater including some "VIP" theaters (triple the price with large comfy seats and waiters). Just past the movie theater is a Walmart followed by a Costco.
- 1 El Gran Pastor, Av. Gonzalitos 702 Sur, 8333, ☏ . Norteño cuisine. This is one of the better known places to try cabrito al pastor.
- 2 Las Pampas, Av. Francisco Garza Sada 2401, ☏ . Argentinian beef.
- Antarisuite Cintermex, ☏ . Av. Fundidora 500. Flashy and pretentious, but clean. Worth considering when the rates are cheaper than Holiday Inn. Free parking.
- 1 Four Points by Sheraton Galerias Monterrey, Av. Insurgentes 3961, ☏ . New, corporate-style hotel next to the Galerias Monterrey shopping mall. Somewhat small pool. Spacious, clean, very modern rooms.