North America > United States of America > Midwest > Indiana > Northern Indiana > Monticello (Indiana)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Monticello is the county seat of White County in Northern Indiana.
- US 24 goes east-west through the city, connecting directly to Peoria, Illinois and Fort Wayne, Indiana
- US 421 comes up from the south and leaves on the west side of town, connecting Monticello to Indianapolis, Indiana to the southeast.
It's easy enough to get around downtown by walking, but having a car is a good idea.
- Twin Lakes. Two lakes on the Tippecanoe River formed by hydroelectric dams, Lakes Shafer and Freeman are great for boating and fishing.
- Camp Buffalo, 9400 N. Boy Scout Rd., ☏ . The local Boy Scout camp is open for use by Scout-unaffiliated groups as well, featuring over 300 acres of natural beauty.
- 1 Indiana Beach, 5224 E. Indiana Beach Rd., ☏ . The only major amusement park in northern Indiana, Indiana Beach has quite a few rides, including the Steel Hawg, which for a while held the world record for steepest drop in a roller coaster.
- Lake Shore Drive-In, 100 Rickey Road, ☏ . There's not a lot of drive-in movie theaters anymore, but this one is so good, it makes you wonder why there's not more still around.
- 2 Indiana Beach Amusement Resort. - located in Monticello
- Abe's Pizza, 207 N Main St, Monticello, IN, ☏ . A pizza place serving a wide variety of pizzas, including specialties like the cheeseburger pizza and taco pizza.
- Best Western Brandywine Inn and Suites, 728 S 6th Street, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Burnettsville to the east
- Logansport further to the east
- Reynolds to the west
- Delphi to the southeast
|Routes through Monticello|
|Peoria ← Kentland ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Logansport → Fort Wayne|
|Michigan City ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Zionsville → Indianapolis|