North America > United States of America > Midwest > Indiana > Northwestern Indiana > Valparaiso (Indiana)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- V-line - runs a shuttle bus service Friday-Sunday to and from the South Shore Line's Dune Park train station in Chesterton once every two hours (the trip takes half an hour each way, give or take five minutes)
- ChicaGo DASH - weekday commuter bus that goes from Valparaiso to Chicago in the early morning and from Chicago to Valparaiso in the late afternoon
- V-line - city bus service includes four routes that connect to various destinations throughout the city. Red and Brown Line run all week, while Yellow and Green line run Monday-Saturday. The Brown Line doesn't run when Valparaiso University is not in session.
- 1 Brauer Museum of Art (at the Valparaiso University Center for the Arts), 1709 Chapel Dr, ☏ , fax: . School year: Tu,Th-F 10AM-5PM, W 10AM-8:30PM, Sa-Su noon-5PM; Summer: Tu-Su noon-5PM. Free.
- 2 PoCo Muse (Porter County Museum), 153 Franklin St, ☏ . W-Sa 9AM-5PM. Free.
- 3 Valparaiso University.
- 1 Valparaiso Crusaders, 1009 Union St (Athletics–Recreation Center), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. M–F, 10 am–4 pm; closed from May through July (call +1 219 464-6114 for information during those months). Sports teams of Valparaiso University, competing in 10 men's and 11 women's NCAA Division I sports. Valpo, as the school (and town) are affectionately called, moved most of its teams to the Missouri Valley Conference in July 2017. Its new league features a mix of small to medium-size private and public schools in the Midwest. The highest-profile team on campus is men's basketball, a frequent contender for conference titles and NCAA tournament berths. While Valpo has a football team, it plays in the second-level Division I FCS in the Pioneer Football League, a football-only conference that does not allow athletic scholarships. Most of the Crusaders' venues, most significantly the Athletics–Recreation Center (basketball and volleyball) and Brown Field (football and soccer), are on campus. Free for all regular-season sports other than men's and women's basketball, football, and women's volleyball; varies by sport otherwise.
- 2 Chicago Street Theatre, 154 W Chicago St, ☏ .
- 3 Memorial Opera House, 104 E Indiana Ave, ☏ .
- Valparaiso University Theatre.
- [dead link] Valparaiso Popcorn Festival: 12 September 2020. Annual festival takes place on the Saturday after Labor Day. Features live music, arts and crafts, and the Popcorn Parade.
- 1 Kelsey's Steak House, 2300 E Morthland Dr, ☏ . Su,Tu-Th 4PM-9PM, F-Sa 4PM-9:30PM. A famous regional steakhouse known for their "6 Lb. Challenge." Eat three 32-oz top sirloin steaks, potato, salad and bread within one hour and your dinner is free. If not, you get to pay a big $42.95. You have to make reservations to take "the challenge" and if you win you get your picture on the website. Fresh seafood and steak is served up all evening. The earlier you arrive the better - grab a late lunch or early dinner - around 4pm - or you'll be swarmed by families, retirees, and large parties.
- 2 Don Quijote, 119 E Lincolnway, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-2PM and 5PM-9PM, F 11AM-2PM and 5PM-10PM, Sa 11AM-10PM, Su 4PM-8PM. One of the only Spanish restaurants in Indiana; Don Quijote is a pleasant treat. It features unique dishes and has a romantic and exotic atmosphere that will invite you to stay for hours.
- 3 Bon Femme, 66 W Lincolnway, ☏ . M-Th 11:30AM-9PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-10PM. A wonderful restaurant featuring a spectacular menu influenced by traditional American and French accent flavors. Bon Femme will certainly leave you satisfied and eager to come back on your next romantic date.
- 1 Duffy's Place, 1154 Axe Ave, ☏ . A dive bar with a great atmosphere. Is it possible? Yes, and for that reason Duffy's Place has become a hotbed for nightlife activities in Valparaiso. A common place for college students to come since it is within walking distance of the university. They have some great specialty nights and they definitely won't break your bank.
- 1 Best Western University Inn, 760 W Morthland Dr, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 [dead link] Courtyard Valparaiso, 2301 E Morthland Dr, ☏ , fax: .
- 3 Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso, 2101 E Morthland Dr, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Valparaiso|
|Joliet ← Merrillville ←||W E||→ Plymouth → Fort Wayne|
|Kankakee ← Hebron ←||W E||→ La Porte → South Bend|