Jump to navigation Jump to search
La Porte is a city in Northwestern Indiana.
- 1 La Porte Municipal Airport.
- 2 Transporte, 102 L St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Monday-Friday 6 A.M.-9 P.M., Saturday 8 A.M.-4 P.M.. TransPorte is the City of La Porte's public transportation system. It is a demand-response system serving the city of La Porte. Call for a ride -- they will pick you up at the curb, and take you to your destination anywhere in their service area for one low price. All of their vehicles are handicap-accessible with wheelchair lifts, and all are powered with Propane. 3.25USD.
- 1 LaPorte County Courthouse, 813 Lincolnway, La Porte, IN, ☏ . The LaPorte County Courthouse is a historic county courthouse designed by Brentwood S. Tolan and built from 1892-1894. It is Richardsonian Romanesque architecture in style and was constructed with Lake Superior Red Sandstone. The building includes a tower with skylight, gargoyles and contains stained glass. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- 2 Marion Ridgeway Polygonal Barn (Door Prairie Barn). The historic 1878 Door Prairie Barn is a unique nine-sided structure, the only remaining barn of its kind in the country. It is still standing today in excellent condition.
- 3 Downtown LaPorte Historic District. Downtown LaPorte Historic District is a national historic district that encompasses 70 contributing buildings in the central business district of LaPorte. It developed between about 1860 and 1930 and includes examples of Queen Anne, Romanesque Revival, and Neoclassical style architecture. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
- 1 LaPorte County Fair.
- 2 La Porte County Historical Society Museum, 2405 Indiana Ave, La Porte, IN 46350, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tuesday-Saturday (10 A.M.-4:30 P.M.). A glimpse of LaPorte County’s fascinating history beckons behind the doors of this stunning brick building, with exhibits about fancy cars, a sports hero, pioneer life, and a murderous legend, plus a vast collection of rare guns. The downstairs level houses the W.A. Jones Collection of Ancient Weapons, one of the most extensive private gun collections in the world. The Kesling Automobile Collection features more than 30 vintage cars, including two made famous in movies: a 1982 DeLorean, like the one featured in “Back to the Future,” and a 1948 Tucker Torpedo, that appeared in the 1988 film “Tucker: The Man and His Dream.” $5USD.
- 3 LaPorte County Symphony Orchestra, 537 Kingsbury Ave., LaPorte, IN, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. La Porte County Symphony resides within the vibrant arts landscape of Northwest Indiana and serves the 110,000 residents of La Porte County and regions beyond, including the Southwestern area of Michigan. The orchestra season includes three symphonic subscription concerts: two pops and one classical.
- 4 Sunflower Fair, Downtown LaPorte, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 3rd Saturday of September. The Sunflower Fair in beautiful, historic Downtown La Porte is one of the largest area festivals with over 100 craft and nonprofit vendors. Enjoy a day with family and friends for food, entertainment, rides, and much, much more. Enjoy the many activities of the day- a rib cook-off, a 5K run and fun walk, sunflower contest, an art walk, scarecrow building, rides, food, and of course much, much more! Visitors may also see the many vendors- last year approximately 120 vendors participated! Free.
- 5 LaPorte Little Theatre, 218 A Street, LaPorte, IN, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. La Porte Little Theatre Club is a 200 seat community theatre started in 1925 that aims to provide quality theatrical experiences to Northwest Indiana audiences and actors. $12USD.
- 6 Beechwood Municipal Golf Course, 2222 Woodlawn Drive, LaPorte, IN, ☏ . Sunrise to Sunset. Beechwood Golf Course is a beautiful 18 hole championship golf course designed by William Diddle. Beechwood was built in the early 1930s and donated to the City of LaPorte, Indiana by the Fox Family. The course’s traditional layout and masterful design allow the use of every club in the bag. It is a must-play for golfers of any skill level, and the low prices make Beechwood one of the best deals in the state! Weekday ($20USD), Weekend ($26USD).
- 7 Plaza 618, 618 Lincolnway, LaPorte, IN 46350, ☏ . Sunrise to Sunset. Plaza 618 is a centrally located facility in historic downtown LaPorte. The plaza features areas to sit, relax, dine, enjoy events and entertainment, and interact. The interactive fountain, tables, benches, umbrellas, and a vibrant landscape are just a few of the amenities the plaza provides. Bring your take-out or order delivery to the plaza for the best al fresco dining in LaPorte! FREE.
- 8 Stone Lake (Stone Lake Beach), 300 Grangemouth Drive, La Porte, IN. Parks are open from sunrise until 10 p.m.. Stone Lake is 140 acres of water located in Soldiers Memorial Park in LaPorte. If offers plenty of fishing to keep anglers happy and the crystal clear waters make canoeing and kayaking especially enjoyable. Located along the eastern shore of Stone Lake is Stone Lake Beach which provides the public with access to swimming and water fun. The Stone Lake Beach House includes a concession stand and restroom facilities. Patrons will also find a playground, outdoor showers, picnic tables, and grills.
- 1 Mucho Mas!, 609 Lincolnway La Porte, IN 46350, ☏ . 10:00 A.M.-8:00 P.M.. Californian-style Mexican dishes in a seat-yourself establishment with a contemporary feel.
- 2 Trattoria Enzo (Enzo's), 601 Michigan Ave, La Porte, IN 46350, ☏ . Tuesday-Saturday: 5-9:30 P.M., Wednesday: 11 A.M.-2 P.M.. Cozy, family-owned Italian eatery in a warm, refined setting with a fireplace & rustic wood accents. $10-$30USD.
- 3 Café Trilogy, 150 Legacy Plaza, La Porte, IN 46350, ☏ . Tuesday-Sunday: 7 A.M.-2 P.M.. Great selection of breakfast, lunch, and desserts. $10-$20USD.
- 4 Indiana Deli & Catering, 805 Indiana Avenue, La Porte, IN 46350, ☏ . Monday-Friday: 7-9 A.M., 11 A.M-2 P.M.. Unique sandwiches (named for famous places and people from Indiana) made fresh as you wait. Fresh salads and desserts made daily. Dine-in or carryout is available. $8-$15USD.
- 5 Bare Bones Gastropub, 518 Lincolnway, La Porte, IN 46350, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11 A.M.-10 P.M. Wednesday-Saturday, 10 A.M.-8 P.M. Sunday. Family-friendly gastropub serving a variety of high-quality food and beverage, owned by Burn 'Em Brewery. $10-$20USD.
- 1 3rd Base Bar and Grill, 1201 Pine Lake Road, La Porte, IN, ☏ . Open daily from 11:00 A.M. - 11:00 P.M.. Good selection of craft beers and decent food, outdoor seating in the summer. $8-$15USD.
- 1 Arbor Hill Inn, 263 West Johnson Road, La Porte, IN, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Off Route 35 and a 5-minute walk from the shores of Pine Lake, this upscale inn in a circa-1910 building is 2.2 miles from Soldiers Memorial Park. The themed accommodations are uniquely furnished and feature private bathrooms with period reproductions and 2-person whirlpool tubs, as well as fireplaces TVs and free WiFi. Some rooms have 4-poster beds and sitting areas. Gourmet meals are cooked on the premises and served at individual tables in the dining room, or taken privately. The grounds are lushly landscaped, and there's private parking. $79-$179USD.
- 2 The Blue Heron Inn, 1110 Lakeside Street, La Porte, IN 46350, toll-free: 800-575-3880, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This laid-back hotel on the shores of Pine Lake is 2 miles from Soldiers Memorial Park and 10 miles from the hiking trails of Pinhook Bog. Low-key, conservative rooms offer free Wi-Fi and TVs. Upgraded rooms add lake views, in-room whirlpool tubs, and fireplaces, and some also have microwaves, minifridges, and/or decks or patios. Suites add living rooms with sofabeds. Floating boathouses are available seasonally. Breakfast and parking are complimentary. Other amenities include a bar, and an elegant restaurant featuring ornate ceilings and wainscoting. $79-$140USD.
- 1 La Porte County Public Library.
|Routes through La Porte|
|Gary ← Chesterton ←||W E||→ South Bend → Elkhart|
|END ← Michigan City ←||N S||→ Logansport → Kokomo|
|Valparaiso ← Jct ←||W E||→ South Bend → END|