Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > West Country > Devon > Dartmoor National Park > MoretonhampsteadJump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Almshouses, Cross St, TQ13 8NN (in front of the church of St Andrew). Grade I listed almshouses with portico - 1637 [date stone] but possibly part of the medieval hospital founded in 1451
- 2 Bowring Library (Moretonhampstead Library), 2 Fore St, TQ13 8LL, ☏ . Tu Sa 10AM-noon, W 2-6PM. Grade II listed Library with beautiful facade and unusual railings
- Dartmoor Pony Statues, Pound St, TQ13 8NX.
- 3 Moretonhampstead Motor Museum, The Old Bus Depot, Court Street,TQ13 8LG, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:30AM-4:30PM W-Su. £7 Adults £3.50 Children.
- 4 Cranbrook Castle. A prehistoric hill fort
- 1 Hingston Down. Hingston Down is toped by Hingston Rocks 325 m (1,066 ft) high with views over Moretonhampton.
- 2 Moretonhampstead Swimming Pool, Betton Way, TQ13 8LG. Open May-Sep. 25 metre open air swimming pool: heated by air source heat pumps and solar power to c. 27 degrees.
- 1 The Horse (The White Horse), 7 George St, TQ13 8PG, ☏ . 5-11PM (closed Su M).
- 2 The Union Inn, 10 Ford St, TQ13 8LN, ☏ . 11AM-11PM Mo-Sa 11:30AM-11PM Su.
Outside the town:
- 1 Sparrowhawk Backpackers, 45 Ford St, TQ13 8LN, ☏ . £19 Dorm, £45 Double.
- 2 The White Hart Hotel, The Square, TQ13 8NF, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Free House Inn with drinks, comfortable sitting room with a large chess set and open fires, furnished in country hunting style.
- 1 Public Toilet, Station Road Car Park, TN13 8NH.
- Princetown 14 mi (23 km) to the south west following the B3212.
- Chagford 4.5 mi (7.2 km) to the north west following the B3208.
|Routes through Moretonhampstead|
|A30 ← Clagford (B3208) ←||North South||→ Bovey Tracy → Newton Abbot|