Families from Nephi moved there early in 1859. Sanpete's first probate judge named it Moroni City after a Nephite Prophet in The Book of Mormon.
High water in 1862 forced the town's founders to move away from the river site and spread north over the rolling hills, a setting best seen when approaching Moroni from the south. For water, they tapped the San Pitch farther east with an intricate and expensive system of canals and ditches that stretched from Mt. Pleasant to Fountain Green's south fields. Reaching out in all directions, the city was big enough by 1891 to support an "opera house" that seated 1,000 persons.
- Moroni Historic Opera House, 325 West Main St.
- Maple Canyon –Conglomerate rock climbing, hiking, and camping.
- Valu-Mart Sinclair, 95 West Main St, ☏ . Convenience Store.
- Juanita's Grocery, 118 West Main, ☏ .
- Juanita's Dairy Queen, 100 West Main, ☏ .
- Moroni Service Center, 416 East Main St, ☏ .
- Horseshoe Mountain Resort, 850 South Highway 89, ☏ . Mt. Pleasant.