Ephraim is in Central Utah. In the spring of 1854, some residents of Manti went north to Cottonwood Creek and were later joined by settlers uprooted from Allred's settlement (Spring City) and recent immigrants from Denmark.
The settlers hauled rocks and constructed a fort approximately a square block in size. This was the start of the town of Ephraim, getting its name from one of the tribes of Israel mentioned in the Old Testament. The security of the fort drew a diverse group of settlers to the area, Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians. The Black Hawk Indian War was most destructive and the longest pioneer-Indian conflict in Utah History. Even through constant difficulties Ephraim managed to survive.
Ephraim is approximately 1.5 hours from Salt Lake City. To get to Ephraim from the north, take I-15 Exit 225 at Nephi and go East on Highway 132 up the canyon. At the junction with Highway 89 head south.
To get to Ephraim from the South, take I-70 Exit 56 at Salina and follow Highway 89 north.
- Ephraim Co-op and Granary, 96 North Main, ☏ . These buildings were constructed of Oolite stone and built between 1871 and 1874.
- Central Utah Art Center, 86 North Main St, ☏ .
- 1 Snow College, 150 East College Ave, ☏ . Recitals, concerts, athletic events.
- The Arapeen ATV Trail System. 350-mile Off-Highway Vehicle Trail System.
- Maple Canyon –Conglomerate rock climbing. West of Moroni
- Ephraim Co-op, 96 North Main, ☏ . Craft and gift store.
- [dead link] Sunrise Scents Candle Co., 390 N. Main, ☏ .
- [dead link] Davidson Pottery, 53 S. Main St, ☏ .
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, 777 N. Main St, ☏ .
- Don's Gallery Cafe, 61 South Main, ☏ .
- Fat Jack's Pizza, 81 South Main St, ☏ .
- Gandolfo's New York Delicatessen, 9 North Main St, ☏ .
- Los Amigos Mexican Restaurant, 3 East 700 South, ☏ .
- Malt Shoppe, 150 North Main St, ☏ .
- Pizza Gallery, 27 North Main St, ☏ .
- Satisfied Ewe Cafe, 350 North Main St, ☏ .
- Sno Cap Lanes, 605 South Main St, ☏ .
- Snow Dragon Chinese Restaurant, 413 South Main St, ☏ .
- Willow Creek Inn, 450 South Main St, toll-free: .
Iron Horse Motel
|Routes through Ephraim|
|Salt Lake City ← Spring City ←||N S||→ Manti → Richfield|