Moskenes is a village on the Moskenesøya island in Lofoten.
Moskenes is the main arrival point by ferry on Moskenesøya.
Several ferries a day from Bodø to Moskenes (187 NOK for passengers; tickets are sold on board only, without reservation). Travel time: 3h15.
- 1 Moskenes ferry arrival.
There is also one ferry a day to the islands of Værøy and Røst, South-West of Moskenesøya.
There is no ferry terminal as such, but only a (very small) waiting room, and (free) toilets outside.
Several buses a day from Svolvær (Lofoten) and Narvik (mainland Norway). The main bus stop is right in front of the ferry waiting room.
Moskenes is very small and can be just walked.
There is no tourist information in Moskenes (despite a bug on OpenStreetMap showing one). The nearest one is in Reine.
No supermarket in Moskenes. Nearest opportunities are in Å (very small though) and Reine (a little larger but certainly not big either).
A small rent-a-car shop is open near the ferry terminal.
- There is a café in the Moskenes camping (see below).
- A pub in the Moskenes camping (see below) is open every day of the week during the summer.
- Further South-West: Å, 4.8 kilometers away (several buses a day for travelers not willing to walk)
- Further North-East: Reine and Svolvær