From Cape Town go south towards Simon's Town and the Cape of Good Hope on any of De Waal Drive/Blue Route freeway (the M3), Main Road (the M4) or the M5 freeway. The town is north of Simon's Town, at the point where the Cape Peninsula starts.
From Strand, Somerset West, Stellenbosch and the Cape Winelands drive west on Baden Powell Drive (the R310) next to the False Bay coastline. Muizenberg begins at the traffic circle where the R310 meets the M5.
MetroRail operates frequent commuter trains from Cape Town to Muizenberg. During peak hours (early morning and late afternoon, Monday to Friday) there are trains every few minutes. At other times during the week there are 3 or 4 trains per hour ; they are less frequent on Saturdays and Sundays. The journey takes about 45 minutes. There are also MetroRail trains to Muizenberg from the other direction (Simon's Town, Fish Hoek and Kalk Bay), usually 2 or 3 per hour. This journey takes about 20 minutes.
- The colorful changing rooms of Muizenberg can be found on nearly every postcard. Take some photos with you, the scenery and some of the houses.
- Rhodes Cottage Museum, Main Rd, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 10AM-4PM daily. The cottage was owned by Cecil John Rhodes. Free.
- Muizenberg has a magnificent beach which is very popular (especially in summer and on weekends). It is excellent for surfing; there is a surf school at the beach.
- There is supertube (water slide) and a putt-putt (mini-golf) course at the beach.
- There is a scenic walkway from Muizenberg south to St James, right next to the sea.
- Kitesurfing is popular during summer on the east side near the large traffic circle (Sunrise Beach).
- Rock climbing and hiking are possible on Muizenburg Peak and the surrounding cliffs.
- 1 Masque Theatre, 37 Main Rd (adjacent to False Bay train station), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theatre in the Muze, 19 Atlantic Rd, ☎ , e-mail: marg@africanIdiom.com.
- Alive Dance Studio, 18 Palmer Rd, ☎ . Dance lessons.
- The Melting Pot, 15 Church St, ☎ . Social club and live music venue.
- The Academy Health & Fitness Centre, 11 Atlantic Rd, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Pilates, yoga, aerobics, Latin American dancing, Ballroom dancing, Tai Chi, body stress release, biokineticist.
- Sangha Spot yoga and wellness centre, 20 Fraser rd, ☎ . A yoga and wellness centre offering Ashtanga, Sivananda, Vinyasa and Jivamukti yoga suitable for beginner and intermediate students. We also offer BSR - Body Stress Relief Therapy.
- African Institute of Mathematical Sciences, 6-8 Melrose Rd, ☎ , fax: . Offers postgraduate studies in modern mathematical sciences.
- False Bay College, Cinnabar Building, Main Rd, ☎ , fax: . Offers a variety of post-school courses.
- George Whitefield College, 34 Beach Rd, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Theological training institute run by the Church of England in South Africa (CESA).
- The Corner Surf Shop, 143 Main Rd (Opp. Muiz. Park & Bowling Greens), ☎ . M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-4:30PM, Su 9:30AM-12:30PM. Cape Town's oldest and most famous surf shop. Established in 1971 by Peter Wright and still under the same ownership. Great range of surfwear, as well as wetsuits and surfing equipment. Take a look at what is probably the world's biggest collection of surfboards made by John Whitmore - the father of South African surfing. Friendly and helpful staff.
- Rattlesnake Books, Rare Books and Africana, 7 York Rd (2 doors up from the Empire Cafe), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 9-4 every day. From paperbacks to rare Africana and first editions; maps; art; rebindings.
- J'adore grocery store, 165 Main Rd (Inside The French Courtyard), ☎ . Lovely little deli which sells many of the local market suppliers' products as well as fantastic freshly baked French bread and Truth coffee.
- Bella Pizza, Lakeside Shopping Centre, 60 Main Rd, Lakeside, ☎ .
- Carla's, 9 York Rd, ☎ . Mozambican food.
- Empire Cafe, 11 York Rd, ☎ , e-mail: dave@mediumRare.co.za. M Tu 10AM-4PM, W-Sa 10AM-10PM, Su 10AM-4PM.. Good for coffee and breakfast pastries. Lunch and dinner menu change on a daily basis.
- Gaslight Cafe, Beachfront, Beach Rd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. On the ground floor of The Beach Lodge backpackers.
- Knead, Beachfront, corner Clarendon & Beach Rds, ☎ , e-mail: muizenberg@kneadBakery.co.za. daily 8AM-5PM. A full bakery with hot artisan breads baked on site, confectionery, coffee shop, cafe style light meals and delicious pizzas from a woodfired oven.
- Lagerchinos, 42 Beach Rd, ☎ . daily noon-10PM. Pizza, burgers, beer & playground.
- Octopus Garden, Old Post Office Building, 53 Main Rd, St James, ☎ . Unusual menu in a bohemian setting.
- Organics Alive, 42 Palmer Rd. Organic food and coffee.
- Pizza Pronta, 106 Main Rd, ☎ . Take-away and delivery only.
- Simply Asia, 6 Lakeside Centre, 60 Main Road, Lakeside, ☎ . Thai food and noodle bar.
- Sostanza, Old Bakery, corner Main & Lincoln Roads, Lakeside, ☎ . Breakfast, coffee and light meals. Excellent venue and location, just a pity that the services and menu is not of equal quality.
- The Big Blue, Beachfront, Beach Rd, ☎ . Very casual restaurant and pub. With great food and prices.
- The Coffee Bean, 36 Palmer Rd, ☎ . Create your own personalized blend of coffee.
- The Village Inn, 11 Church St, ☎ . Traditional pub.
- Titanium Bistro, Rodwell House, Rodwell Road, St James, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Modern Mediterranean cuisine.
- Trattoria Antonio, 56 Main Road, St James, ☎ , e-mail: trattoriaAntonio@cyberSmart.co.za. Authentic Italian food.
- Upper Crust, Shop 12, Eastlake Village Centre, Eastlake Drive, Marina da Gama, ☎ , fax: . Pizza and pasta.
- Cafe du Metro, 165 Main Rd, ☎ . 9AM - 4PM. Food is fresh and seasonal, prepared simply and generously. Slight French influence mostly noticeable in herbs and prep methods. Lovely spot for breakfast or lunch. Great deli next door stocks many of the local market suppliers.
- Coffee Sha'bean (Coffee Shabean), 34 Beach Rd (inside Gary's Surf Shop). 8AM-5PM. Great local spot for breakfast and lunch. Amazing views of the beach. 35 rand.
- The Business, 32 Palmer Rd, ☎ . Tea house, internet cafe, retail space
- ABreak Away Lodge, 24a Hastings Rd, ☎ , e-mail: sealsFlat@yahoo.com. Backpackers' accommodation. Walking distance from the beach. From R70 per person.
- Admiralty B&B, 6 Admirals Walk, Marina da Gama, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Overlooking the waters of Zandvlei estuary.
- 1 Baileys Surf Shack Backpackers, 11 Maynard Road Muizenberg, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Dorm beds. used to be the Cape Town Youth hostel. R150.
- House Hamburg, 8 Holland Rd, ☎ . Guest house located a few minutes walk from False Bay train station.
- Marina Lodge, 81 Park Island Quay, Eastlake Drive, Marina da Gama. Self-catering. From R395 per unit.
- Sonnekus Guest House, 88 Main Road, St James, ☎ , fax: .
- Whale Watchers Apartments, Empire Building, Beach Rd, ☎ . Self-catering beach apartments with secure underground parking (entrance on Melrose Street).
- Bluebottle Guesthouse, 18 Mount Rd, ☎ . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11aM. Spacious rooms, great sea, lake and mountain views. Friendly hosts.
Excellent breakfast included in rate. On the mountainside. 350.
- ABreak Away Lodge, 24a hastings Rd. R70.
- 2 Colona Castle Hotel, 1 Verwood Street (Off Old Boyes Drive, Lakeside), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A luxury 5-star establishment. From R850 per person, full English breakfast included.
- 3 Rodwell House, Rodwell Road, St James, ☎ , e-mail: info@.rodwellhouse.co.za. Luxurious guest house near St James beach and train station.
- Simon's Town, Boulders and the Cape of Good Hope to the south.
- More beaches to the east along False Bay, such as Fish Hoek and Glencairn.
- Kalk Bay and its restaurants, eclectic shops and fishing harbour.
- Cape Town and its attractions in the north.
- The Cape Winelands - are 45 minutes away by car.