- 1 Nagasaki - an international port city of rich history and brief tragedy.
- 2 Sasebo is the second largest city in Nagasaki. Sasebo has American culture because there is an American military base in Sasebo.
- 3 Shimabara
- 4 Hirado
- 5 Unzen
- 6 Isahaya
- 7 Omura
- 8 Nagayo
- 9 Togitsu
- 1 Tsushima is a famous island between the Japanese island of Kyushu and the Korean Peninsula.
- 2 Iki is another island between Tsushima and the Nagasaki prefecture.
- 3 Goto
China Eastern Airlines and Korean Air are operating from Shanghai and Seoul, but these flights are not served daily. You should check the flight schedule beforehand if you are to use these international flights.
On the other hand, there are many domestic flighets to Nagasaki (NGS IATA) every day. You can fly directly from Tokyo Haneda Airport (by JAL, ANA and SNA), Osaka Itami Airport (by JAL and ANA), Nagoya Centrair Airport (by ANA), Nagoya Komaki Airport (by JAL) and Okinawa Naha Airport (by ANA). Oriental Air Bridge, a local airline of Nagasaki, is operating the flight from Miyazaki, Kagoshima and neighboring islands (Tsushima, Gotou and Iki) with prop jet.
JR railway company provides express service from adjacent prefectures. From Hakata Station in Fukuoka or Tosu Station in Saga, you can use the Limited Express "KAMOME"(to Nagasaki), "MIDORI"(to Sasebo) or "Huis Ten Bosch"(to Huistenbosch Resort in Sasebo).
- Hidden Christian Sites in the Nagasaki Region — a World Heritage Site composed of 12 individual sites in the Gotō Islands and along the coast near Sasebo.
- Koshibyo, the only Confucian Temple to be built by Chinese outside of China (Nagasaki)
- Explore Shimabara Castle and its nearby samurai district (Shimabara)
- [formerly dead link] International Village Youth House. Sasebo City, Nagasaki (90-minute train ride on the Seaside Liner from Nagasaki Station). A very large hostel that looks a bit like an American college dorm complex with a gym, a cafeteria, and a couple of fields. Lots of rooms, all private (1-4 people per room), from ¥2625 per person per night. It's a good base for exploring the Nagasaki-Sasebo-Hus Ten Bosch area. Right next to Huis Ten Bosch.