Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tsushima (対馬) is in Nagasaki (prefecture).
Tsushima is an island off Kyushu in the middle of the Korean Strait between Japan and South Korea. Although a popular destination for Korean day trippers, it is still relatively unknown to western travelers. There are two main towns on the island: 1 Hitakatsu in the north and 2 Izuhara in the south.
This island is the setting of the video game Ghost of Tsushima.
There are ferry connections from Fukuoka, Japan and Busan, South Korea, which is close enough that day trips from Busan are practical.
- 1 Tsushima Wildlife Conservation Center (対馬野生生物保護センター・対馬自然保護官事務所), 2956-5 Kamiagatamachi Sago. 10:00-16:30. Conservation center for the Tsushima leopard cat.
- 2 Watatsumi Shrine (和多都美神社), 55 Toyotamamachi Nii. Famous shrine
- 3 Kaneda Fortress Ruins (美津島町黒瀬), Mitsushimamachi Kurose.
- 4 Ohjinushi shrine (大地主神社), 国道-382号線 Kamitsushimamachi Oura.
- 5 Komotahama Shinto Shrine (小茂田濱神社), 742 Izuharamachi Komoda, ☏ +81920560274.
- 6 Komoda Beach, Izuharamachi Kunehama.
- Fukuoka is a major Japanese city reachable by ferry or air.
- Omura, Home to Nagasaki International Airport from which you can travel to anywhere in Nagasaki Prefecture or Saga Prefecture
- Iki island is on the way to Kyushu by ferry.
- Busan, the second city of South Korea reachable by ferry