Nagykanizsa (Croatian: Velika Kaniža, German: Großkirchen, Großkanizsa, Turkish: Kanije) is a city in Hungary in the centre of the Somogy-Zala hills lying between the western corner of the Lake Balaton and the Croatian and Slovenian border. At the same time this pulsing border town with its 55,000 inhabitants is the centre of the South-Western Transdanudian region. This also the traditional transitplace of the trade and tourism heading for or arriving from the Adriatic and Italian harbours.
- 1 Nagykanizsa Bus Station (Nagykanizsa Autóbusz-állomás), Báthory utca 2 (West of Downtown), ☎ , (Prebooking Cash Desk), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Local transport schedule.
- Long distance buses: Ajka (six per day, 2 hours), Alsópáhok (hourly more), Aszófő (eight), Ábrahámhegy (seven), Badacsony (ten per day, 1½ hours), Szigliget (six per day, 1½ hours), Bak (ten), Balatonakali (six), Balatonalmádi (three), Balatonboglár (three per day, ~1½ hours), Balatonederics (ten), Balatonfüred (six+), Balatonfüzfő (two), Balatongyörök (hourly), Balatonlelle (three), Balatonmáriafürdő (three), Balatonrendes (six+), Balatonszentgyörgy (hourly), Balatonszepezd (six), Balatonudvari (six), Bánokszentgyörgy (hourly), Becehegy (hourly), Becsehely (hourly), Bikal (daily), Bocska (four), Bonyhád (two), Böhönye (hourly), Budapest (hourly), Celldömölk (daily), Cserszegtomaj (six), Csesztreg (six+), Csopak six), Csörnyeföld (four), Csurgó (four), Devecser (six), Dióskál (six), Dobogómajor (five), Dunaföldvár, Egeraracsa (five), Egervár (three), Esztergályhorváti (six), Fakospuszta (five), Felsőbáránd major (hourly), Felsőpáhok (hourly), Fenékpuszta (four), Fonyód (three), Galambok (hourly), Garabonc (five), Gellénháza (hourly), Gelse (three), Gyenesdiás (half hourly), Győr (four), Hagyárosbörönd (three), Hahót (hourly), Hegyesd (four), Herend (two), Hévíz (every 20 minutes), Inke (three), Kapolcs (four), Kaposvár (hourly), Karmacs (hourly), Káld (two), Kálócfa (three), Kám (daily), Káptalanfa (three), Kecskemét (daily), Kehidakustyány (five), Kemendollár (hourly), Kerkabarabás (three), Kerkeszentkirály (three), Keszthely (every twenty minutes), Kéthely (hourly), Kópháza (three), Kozmadombja (three), Körmend (six), Kőszeg (three), Lenti (half hourly), Lesenceistvánd (five), Lesencetomaj (five), Letenye (hourly), Lispeszentadorján (three), Lovászi (four), Lövő (three), Magyarszerdahely (three), Magyarszentmiklós (five), Marcali (hourly), Máriahegy (four), Meggyeserdő, (three), Mélykút (three), Mihályfa (hourly), Mikekarácsonyfa (three), Misefa (three), Monostorapáti (four), Mór (daily), Mórahalom (three), Nagyatád (four), Nagybajom (three), Nagycenk (three), Nagygörbő (four), Nagyhorváti (three), Nagykapornak (hourly), Nagylengyel (five), Nagyrada (five), Nagyvázsony (four), Nemeshany (three), Nemesnép (three), Nemesrádó (four), Nikla (three), Noszlop (four), Nyírád (five), Nyírlak (four), Óhid (four), Oroszlány (two), Öriszentpéter (three), Pacsa (hourly), Pakod (six), Paloznak (two), Páka (five), Pápa (four), Pertikeresztúr (five), Pécs (hourly), Pogányszentpéter (five), Rezi (daily), Révfülöp (five), Salomvár (three), Sárhida (five), Sármellék (five), Sárvár (three), Siófok (two), Somogyvár (two), Sopron (three), Söjtör (three), Sümeg (hourly), Szabadbattyán (two), Szajk Lakes (daily), Szeged (two), Szekszárd (daily), Szentgyörgyvár (hourly), Szentgyörgyvölgy (three), Szentliszló (three), Szentpéterúr (three), Székesfehérvár (five), Szigetvár (five), Szigliget (hourly), Szombathely (hourly), Tapolca (hourly), Tatabánya (three), Tornyiszentmiklós (four), Tótszentmárton (three), Tótvázsonyi (four), Törekpuszta (five), Türje (five), Vasvár (three), Várpalota (three), Várvölgy (four), Velemér (two), Veszprém (hourly), Vindornyafok (four), Vonyarcvashegy (half hourly), Zalaapáti (half hourly), Zalabaksa (five), Zalabér (half hourly), Zalacsány (half hourly), Zalacséb (three), Zalaegerszeg (three per hour!), Zalahaláp (three), Zalakaros (hourly), Zalakomár (three), Zalalövő (hourly), Zalaszabar (hourly), Zalaszántó (three), Zalaszentbalázs (hourly), Zalaszentgrót (half hourly), Zalaszentgrót / Aranyod (five), Zalaszentgyörgy (three), Zalaszentiván (eight), Zalaszentlászló (three), Zalaszentmárton (three), Zalaszentmihály (five), Zalatárnok (three), Zalaudvarnok (three), Zalavár (four), Zamárdi (two), Zágorhida (three), Zánka (seven).
- All settlments of Zala and almost all Somogy County have daily bus connection with Nagykanizsa. (up to per day bus lines), in school season and on weekdays are more bus, except resort place (around Lake Balaton, and Termal Bath Town such as Hévíz, Zalakaros, Kehidakustány) where opposite way weekends, holidays are the most busy times in the bus transportation.
- 2 Nagykanizsa Train Station (Nagykanizsa Vasútállomás), Ady Endre utca 69 (S one km from Center), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 24/7. The railway station of Nagykanizsa was built in accordance with the standard plans of the Austrian Southern Railway Society.
- Trains from Budapest via Székesfehérvár, Siófok, Balatonlelle, Fonyód moving on the South Coast of the Lake Balaton. To Keszthely or Tapolca first must to take an eastbound train to Balatonszentgyörgy (41 km) and there need to change for an other one. Toward west there are direct international trains via Murakeresztúr to Ljubljana and via Gyékényes to Zagreb. To North Szombathely (102 km) via Zalaszentlőrinc (57km away, which is junction point to Zalaegerszeg plus 25km), To Sopron and Kőszeg must to change at Szombathely. Toward South: to Pécs (148 km) via Szigetvár (114 km) four-six per day.
- Services: e-ticket collecting point, ticket machine, lifts for disabled, bus connection, disabled lavatory
City Public Transport map [dead link].
- 1 Tourinform (Tourist Informormation,), Csengery út 1-3 (Downtown), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 08:30-16:30, Sa 09.00-14.00 (in the summer). Information about sights, accommodation, restaurants, programs in Nagykanizsa, the surroundings. Postcards, guides and Hungary Card. Tickets for programs in Nagykanizsa. Organizing of city tours. Tickets for international bus lines. Tickets for events. Maps. Craftsman's products (candles, ceramics, honours of cornhusk, honours of wood). Assistance card.
Fő utca (Main street)
Includes: Deák tér (Deák Square). -
- 1 Grünhut-House (Grünhut-ház), Deák tér 2. Only from outside. A romanticist building. This was the house of a rich grain-merchant, banker and art-collector, Alfred Gründhunt. His flat was on the floor, the groundfloor and the courtyard accommodated an office and warehouses. Specialty of on its facade is the oriental piece above the balcony.
- 2 Hild House (Hild-ház), Deák Ferenc tér 3.
- 3 Roman Catholic Parish House (R. k. plébániaház), Deák tér 4. It used to be the Lackenbacher-House. An L-shaped, one-story building. The street side is gabled, the wing of the court with half-gabled roof covered. The arched entrance gate located at Eastern end of the Street facade. In the Middle of the facade on the second floor can be see a wrought iron balcony with consoles. The facade decorated with plaster in romantic style. The ceilings of the ground-floor rooms are made mostly 'barrel-vault'. To the second floor a three-arm, vaulted staircase leading. Built in the 1860s by Heinrich Lackenbacher, who was that time the main food dealer of the Austrian military. From 1898 it was owned by Fülöp Grünhut grain merchant (Deák tér 2 also was his property). Since 1940 the building has operated as the parish hall of the R.C. Sacred Heart Church.
- 4 Axenti-House (Axenti-ház), Deák tér 5. L-shaped, one-story building with gabled roof. The gate located in the Eastern edge's axis of the stret's facade. On the South facade of the courtyard wing is the Classicist grid lines hanging corridor decorated with the builder's monogram. The rooms in the northern wing of the ground floor covered by 'carapace' and 'barrel' vaults . The upstairs rooms are mat plane ceiling. The windows are made in the second half of the 19th century and early 20th century. György Axente, a Greek leather merchant, built in 1817. Between 1845-1872 operated on the floor the Savings Bank of Nagykanizsa. From 1891, here was a shop of Reichenfeld Gyula wholesaler. The main facade decorated by Deák Ferenc bust (György Fischer) 1997.
- 5 Kőnig House (Kőnig-ház), Deák tér 7.
- 6 Pollák House (Pollák-ház), Deák tér 10.
- Former Bayer House (Bajer-ház), Deák tér 12.. A monument. A nice one storey building. Now Cafe Muskatli.
- 7 Rosenfeld House (Rosenfeld-ház), Fő út 4.
- Thúry György Museum (Former Batthyány Mansion, Batthyány-kastély, Thury György Múzeum), Fő utca 5-7. Located in the oldest dwelling-house of town. It was built between 1705–12. It was owned by the Count Batthyány-family. For the construct used the bricks of remains of the Kanizsa Castle, therefor locals mentioned as the ducal castle. Two-story baroque building with arched gate and 'kváder' stony ground level. In the courtyard of the Museum is located under the protective roof, an original Turkish Fountain, whose rectangular stone basin derived from Ottoman period's Kanizsa Castle. Exhibitions: the history of the territory from the Little Balaton’s western basin to the river Mura from Neolithic till the Middle Ages. The other part describes the region’s leading town, Nagykanizsa, focusing on its 18th century. The empire furnishings of the Black Eagle drugstore were placed in a separate room, completely restored and first opened to the public. The exhibition has been made even more enjoyable through interactive computer programs. There are shops on the street side.
- 8 The Synagogue and "Jewis h House" (Zsinagóga), Fő út 6. Classicist style, erected between 1807 and 1822. It was built in a courtyard. In the middle of the last century it was extended and decorated. There is memorial for the 3000 Jews, who died in the concentration camps of World War II. The one-storey classicist building facing the street is also owned by the Jewish Community.
- 9 Bazaar Yard and the Savings Bank (Bazár udvar), Fő út 8. The Savings Bank of Southern Zala was established in 1870. Mostly it dealt with agricultutal credit operations. Rebuilt in 1881 in eclectic style with a very nicely ornamented facade. This is a three-storey building. Its looks to two streets. Also it has two inner courtyards. These inner courtyards were surrounded by several shops; that is why it was called the "Bazaar". Now its courtyards host music concerts in summer.
- 10 Weiser House (Weiser-ház, Wellisch-ház), Fő út 9. A baroque, citizen gable house. The building citations 18th century cityscape, one of the last of this kind in the City. A shop used to operate here: the owners were merchants of colonial goods and spice. In the second half of the 19th century, Samuel Wellisch since 1901, Jakab Rosenthal were shopkeepers here. From the 1930s, Rezso Kelemen spices and delicate colonial goods wholesale and retail store operated here.
- 11 Garage for Coaches (Kocsiszín), Fő út 10 (Inner yard).
- 12 Bogenrieder Palace (Bogenrieder-palota), Fő út 13. A masterpiece of Secessions style. It is remarkable for its lively ornaments and variety of forms. It was once owned by a wealthy pharmacist.
- 13 Jewish-House (Black Eagle pharmacy Museum), Fő út 6. In this house used to be one of the oldest pharmacies of the historic Hungary. Here can be see a museum with empire-style furniture.
- 14 Bank Palace (Bankpalota), Fő út 16. Established in 1879 as the suboffice of the Austro-Hungarian Savings Bank. This Bank is one of the oldest in Hungary. Thepalace was built with a splendid cupola looking onto the main square on the plans of József Hubert. Is was completed in 1902-1903 in Eclectic style. The its interior bears all the features of a financial institution. This was a regional unit of the National Bank between 1924 and 1987 and of the Credit Bank (Kereskedelmi és Hitelbank) after 1987.
- 15 Sacred Heart church (Felsőtemplom, Jézus Szíve Plébániatemplom), Deák tér. Monument. Roman Catholic church. One of the churches in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kaposvár. Former here was a cemetery. In 1764 a chapel was built in honour of St. John of Napomuk for the Piarist Fathers. In 1824 the chapel was extended and tower was added to it. In 1942 a new church was built on its place; the tower remained untouched. The interior of the new church is very simple and light.
- 1 Raiffeisen Bank, Deák Ferenc tér 11-12, ☎ .
- 16 Corner of Szomolány (Szomolányi-sarok), Deák tér- Csengery út corner.
Erzsébet tér (Erzsébet Square)
- 17 IRON Man House (Former Inn for Landlords, Vasemberház, volt uradalmi fogadó), Erzsébet tér 1. A symbol of town. The Ironman House was built in baroque style by a landlord in 1850s. Its name comes from the armoured soldier standing on the facade of the building. It used to be a hardware store.
- 18 Town Hall (Nagykanizsai Városháza), Erzsébet tér 7 (West of the Erzsébet Square). This is a three-storey, almost indecorated building. It was built to serve as a courthouse. Now it functions as a lawcourt and the centre of local administration. It was built in 1936-37 on the basis of Tibor Hübner and Ferenc K. Császár plans. The facade of the palace was decorated by the Hungarian coat of arms. Under it, in gold letters, is the "Housing Act" message. Since 1990 working here the Mayor's Office. In August 1992, placed on the facade a bronze and enamel municipal coat of arms.
- 19 Former Home of Soldiers? (Kvártélyház, iskola), Erzsébet tér 9 (Surrounded by Báthory Street, Vásár Street and Erzsébet Square). This is an L-shaped, one-story, gabled building. Top of the facade is Attica closed by attica. Itshas a triple arched entrance gate. There are some arched halls, barrel-vaulted corridors. The doorway decorated with Tuscan columns and domed cap. The three-arm staircase includes Tuscan half columns and columns. It was built in the 18th century as a manor inn, and still working here until 1850s was the Green Tree inn (Zöldfa vendéglő). In 1860 transformed since then, it had been the Courthouse. It was an internment camp from 1943 to 1945. Since1952 using to elementary school. At the doorway is a László Csány plaque, 1998 (by János Beres).
- 20 Lőwi House (Lőwi-ház), Erzsébet tér 10.
- 21 Apartment building (Gutman Palace), Erzsébet tér 11. Classicist styled merchant house. A U-shaped, one-story monument building with gable-roof. It was built around 1820. The street facade of its is closed with a triangular tympanum in middle part. In the central axis is an arched high, stone-framed gate with curb-stones so typical of merchant houses. The facade is decorated in fine simplicity. The hanging corridor of the courtyard facade leaning consoles. The ground-floor rooms ceilings are arched. The doorway part is arched and connecting to a three-arm staircase. The south wing of the main building later built to the original L-shaped building. In the second half of the 19th century this was the Gutmann merchant family residential house which was also the business headquarters of the company, office and warehouse. The Gutman family was famous all over Europe for their forest products. From 1952 to 2000 here was one of the departments of the Thury György Museum.
- 22 Former Granary (Magtár, Vababa Art School, Hungarian Poster House), Erzsébet tér 15. Located in the yard. - There is a granary from the 18th century on the eastern side of the courtyard of the house at 15 Erzsébet Square. Its facade is topped with a tymphanon and the small stoneframed windows only slightly disrupt the evenness of the wallface. The historic origin of the iron gate is disputed. Now here is the Hungarian Poster House. Provides a steady place for poster exhibitions. The authentic rustic beams were preserved. There is a still working grain transport machinery.
- 23 Small Palace (Small Villa Kiskastély), Erzsébet tér 15. (yard) (Beside the granary). This is a beautiful Neo-Classicist styled villa. It was built in the 1940s by grain trader, László Lázár. Since 1996 a picture gallery is here. The permanent exhibition is here, orientalist paintings of Erzsébet Sass Brunner and Erzsébet Brunner (mother and daughter, who found new home in India) are on continious display also with works of the Kanizsa-born painter Istvan Z. Soós.
- 24 Kaiser House (Kaiser-ház), Erzsébet tér 16. Monument building now a printing press and apartments are here.
- 25 Golden Deer Hotel (Arany Szarvas Szálloda és Vendéglő), Erzsébet tér 18. The famous Golden Deer Hotel and Restaurant in 1875 began to build by innkeeper György Knortzer. At the time, the Inn has worked in two buildings, in one was the hotel and the cafe and in the other building was the restaurant. The 32-room inn has become one of the most modern hotels in the region. The main guests were princes, ministers, distinguished foreigners. In the late 1930s, the "Little Deer" inn worked here, led by Janos Hary. From 1942 to 1950 led by Joseph Szever here the prestigious 'Restaurant Szever'. After the nationalization of the restaurant, for decades, worked as the Rose Garden restaurant. Today, shops can be found on the ground floor.
- 26 Budapest Bank, Erzsébet tér 19. A commercial bank in a monument building
- 27 Serbian House (Szerb-ház), Erzsébet tér 20. Monument building. Apartments.
- 28 Ebenspanger House (Ebenspanger-ház), Erzsébet tér 21. Former IBUSZ stately travel office was here
- 29 Hotel Central (Centrál Szálló), Erzsébet tér 23-24. A hotel in a monument building
- 30 Fountain (Szökőkút), Erzsébet tér.
- 31 Music Pavilon (Erzsébet téri Zenepavilon), Erzsébet tér. Serving a great opportunity for the city to hold various cultural events.
- 32 Historical mosaic of Bálits Kalman (Bálits Kálmán történelmi tabló mozaik képe), Erzsébet Square mid part.
- 33 Babochay House (Babochay-ház), Sugár út 2.
- 34 Civil Unity HQ. (Polgári Egylet székháza), Sugár út 3.
- 35 Former theater-cinema building (Színház-filmszínház épület, Medgyaszay Ház), Sugár út 5 (Károlyi Garden). The history of the "movies" in Nagykanizsa began in 1896. The building made by the architect István Medgyaszay, in 1927. The fascade fresco displays the scene from famous Hungarian plays. In 1930,-after Budapest,-this cinema was the second in the country in which showed sound films. The building in the mid-1990s operated as a cinema. Now venue of exhibitions, theater performances, concerts and other events.
- 36 Former Army barracks (Honvéd laktanya), Sugár út 9.
- 37 Former house of the metal-worker Lajos Schável (Schável Lajos lakatosmester lakása és műhelye), Sugár út 10. Built in 1910.
- 38 'Common' Casarne ("Közös" laktanya), Sugár út 11.
- 39 Hotel Hungaria (Hungária Szálloda), Sugár út 14..
- 40 Sugár Road Monument Buildings (Sugár út műemléképületei), Sugár út 16/a, b, c.
Ady Endre Road
- 41 Rental house of Town hall (Városházi bérház), Ady Endre u. 1. A local level monument building.
- 42 Casino Building (Kaszinó székház), Ady u.7. A cultural association founded in 1835. Every citizen of Kanizsa can be a member of its. In 1886, an imposing headquarters built to the membership. This is a eclectic corner building. The designer was the Viennese architect Ludwig Schöne. Build It by a local architect-contractor, Morandini. The Ceremonial Hall was the scene of countless theatrical performances and other social gatherings. Also there were a reading room, a lounge, a bowling alley, and two card-playing rooms. During World War I, used as a hospital. Later formed an exclusively club to the significant number of Nagykanizsa's Judaism community. It is now a casino for Army. A part of the original furniture preserves at the György Thúry Museum.
- 43 Post Palace (Postapalota), Ady Endre u. 10.
- 44 MAORT Housing Estate (MAORT-ház), Ady Endre u. 12 (next to the Esplanade). This building was built in 1942-43 by the Oil Industrial Company of Hungary and the U.S.A.
- 45 Alsóváros Franciscan Friary (Alsóvárosi Szent József kolostor), Ady Endre u. 14. This is a two-story, baroque Franciscan monastery. The main part of its a rectangular building, what enclosing a courtyard. There is also an L-shaped wing. The ceiling frescos of the spacious, richly decorated dining room are destroyed, the beautiful inlaid door now can be see in the Thury Museum. In the summer of 1950 the monks who are living here were deported to gulag. After that, initially, the monastery was home of the Miklos Zrinyi Boy Student Hostel later the Municipal Library moved to here. Now the building is back in to Franciscan property.
- 46 'Nation' School (Nemzeti oskola), Zrínyi Miklós and Ady Endre utca corner. A local level monument building.
- 47 OTI HQ (OTI-székház), Ady Endre utca 31.
- 48 Zerkowitz's Houses (Zerkowitz-házak), Ady Endre u. 33-35. Local level monument buildings.
- 49 Transformator Building (Transzformátorház), Ady Endre u. 41 entry from Semere Street. A local level industrial monument building.
- 50 Israelite mortuary (Izraelita ravatalozó), Ady u (Near to MÁV Sportcomplex). Monument
- 51 Insurance Palace (Biztosítópalota), Csengery út 2 (Opp- Tourinform). Here was the first General Insurance Company what is established in Nagykanizsa in 1857. The palace, built at the beginning of 19th century, is one of the nicest buildings of the town today. Its style is a mixture of secession and eclectics. On the Fő street-facade of the harmoniously coloured building, level with the attic, there is a tympan with the emblem of the Insurance Company. Going downwards from the top of the building under the playfully disegned balconies there is a sudden shift into a much more simple style.
- 52 Rapoch House (Rapoch-ház), Csengery út 7.
- 53 Bachrach House (Bachrach-ház), Csengery út 8.
- 54 Felsőkereskedelmi School (Felsőkereskedelmi iskola), Csengery út 10.
- 55 Lutheran church (Evangélikus templom), Csengery út 37, ☎ , e-mail: nagy...@lutheran.hu. This is a very nice, well-kept church.
- 56 Electric Power Station (Villanyerő telep), Csengery u. 49 (Near to Swimming Pool). A monument building
- 57 Coffee Factory (Kávégyár), Csengery út 88.
- [dead link]Monument buildings on Csengery road, Csengery út 1, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11,14, 17, 39.
- 58 Schulhof House (Schulhof-ház), Király u. 15. A local level monument building.
- 59 Tandor House (Tandor-ház), Király u. 29. A local level monument building.
- 60 Monument building, Király u. 35. A single-story, rectangular, gable-roofed local level monument building. Built around 1830. A small entrance gate is in alcove on Western part of the facade.
- 61 Post House (Postaház), Király u. 37. A local level monument building.
- 62 Franciscan church of Alsóváros (Alsóvárosi Szent József templom), Zárda utca. Roman Catholic Franciscan church. Built between 1702-1704, it was rebuilt in 1760. Former military warehouse between 1787-1791 and 1806-1815. Tower was made in 1816. - A monument: #10964. - It is a built-in the Friary. A single nave, gabled church with straight closure shrine. The Bell Tower is at the northeast corner of its. The Friary's closed yards connected to the western and southern facade of the church. The entrance hall and chapel line attached to the eastern side of the nave. To the eastern side of the sanctuary is the foyer and the oratory. The nave, the chapel and the shrine row covered vaulted by 'Czech Loaf'. Inner part: Typically from the 18th century. The main side altars and the pulpit, around 1750-1760. The main altar, ordered by Count Lajos Batthyány Chancellor in 1747 a work from Franz Caspar Sambach.
- 63 The Assumption Roman Catholic Church (Nagyboldogasszony Római katolikus templom), Miklósfa, Dr. Szentendrei Edgár u. 6 (3 km south of the train station). It was built in 1765. Also here is the parish building is erected in the 1940s. Located on a rising ground. A free-standing, central, four-winged-shaped church. Eastern wing includes a stair tower linked to sanctuary and a square-shaped, low vestry. A 'Hussar' tower rises above the sacristy with an off-line tower helmet. In the central axis of West wing is the richly carved, gabled gate with a coat of arms of Festetics. The entrance of the vestry is with straight closure, rock ribbon framed. Over the entrance is an metal bent arched roof made. The central part of the church is domed. The wings are covered with quarter sphere vault. The new choir made in the 1960s using reinforced concrete. Murals: in the vaults figurative-symbolic painting can be see from second half of 20th century. Interior: typically 19-20th century; the benches made in the late 18th century. The altar table, Easter candle holder, baptismal font: 20th century.
- 64 Baby Nursery (Kisdedóvoda), Szent Imre u. 14 (off Csengery út). A local level monument building.
- 65 Reformed Church (Református templom), Kálvin tér. Based on the plans of Vécsey Barnabas city engineer. Designed by Zoltan Kalmar. Built in Roman school style in 1934. A 28 m long simple buildings with narrow, semicircular windows. The 19 meters high rectangular tower without a helmet is on the left side of facade. The foyer located next to the tower connected with a wide, stone railing staircase. A tall narrow window and a clock can be seen on the upper part of the main facade's tower. Sanctuary from the south part with a church hall is connected. Above the entrance is the choir.
- 66 Hospital Chapel (Kórházkápolna), Kossuth tér (On the west side of the Kanizsai Dorottya Hospital). The chapel built in 1931 (at the time of the global economic crisis), mainly from public donations. The main altar located originally at the chapel of St. Martin's hospital (today's casino site). Designed by the city engineer Barnabas Vecsey. The altarpiece depicts St Martin, who sharing his coat with a beggar. Part of the Via Sancti Martin (a European Cultural Highway starting in Hungary, Szombathely and pass, among others, Nagykanizsa).
- 67 Chapel of Förhénc (Förhénci kápolna), Förhénci u. (6 km north of the center. Western side of the ridge road Förhénchegy hill). http://www.muemlekem.hu/muemlek?id=10941 Monument. Roman Catholic Chapel. A free-standing, single-nave chapel with segmental arched closure sanctuary and on the southern facade with a tower, on the west side with a sacristy. Fragments of frescoes can be see on vault from the 1860s, and at sanctuary apse, in 1985 painted by Laszlo Takacs. It was built in 1761. Renovated in 1985. In the churchyard: stone crucifix with corpus, and a niche for St. Mary Statue in 1923.
- 68 Former Duke Joseph barracks, Dózsa György Street (Bólyi János utca corner).
- 69 Kiskanizsa Church (Kiskanizsa templom, Sarlós Boldogasszony templom), Templom tér 5. Bajcsy Zsilinszky utca and Homokkomáromi corner (3 km west), ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: email@example.com. Roman Catholic church
- 70 Piarist Chapel (Piarista kápolna), Sugár út- and Királyi Pál utca corner.
- 71 Chapel Inkey (Inkey-kápolna), Magyar utca and Palini utca corner (North to Hwy 74, from Erzsébet Square take Magyar Street to the northern end). Only from outside. A baroque chapel. Built in 1786. Next to the Inkey chapel was founded a tomb of a child in ancient chapel in the second cemetery (attached to the Roman estate, Villa Rustica).
- 72 Great Hungary Statue, Eötvös tér.
- 73 Trading School (Kereskedelmi iskola), Zrínyi Miklós u. 33-38 (Ady E u. corner). A local level monument building.
- 74 The Esplanade "Sétakert" (Sétakert, literally Walking Garden), Liget utca, Tripammer Gyula utca (near to MAORT Building). On 4 ha is the grandest park of the town. Opened in 1896 in honour of the Millenium. The first part built on farms of Kiskanizsa neigborhood. The founder Gyula Tripammer, himself planted in the garden, and nursed him until his death. Since beginning of the 20th century it has been a very lively park: every Sundays Gypsy music, military music and confectionery attracted the audience. The park was named "Tripammer Garden" by Town Assembly in 1927. But the locals allways called it as "Sétakert". From 1930 started to reduce the area of the park, first built there the City Bath (Strandfürdő), and later to the construction of housing project MAORT also carved out some areas. The ornamental ebtrance of its renovated in 2000.
- 75 Iron frame house (Vasvázas Ház), Vár u. 9. A local level monument building.
- MAORT housing project (MAORT-telep, „MAORT-kemp”), Olaj utca (in the 'Sétakert' (lit.Walking Garden) neighborhood, south from railway (Budapest–Székesfehérvár–Nagykanizsa line), west from Public Cemetery (Köztemető)). A nationally unique settlement. Built in the 1940s on a property, which offered by the city to developers. After production of the Zala oil fields ran, became necessery to build houses for engineers, officials, workers of MAORT. (MAORT=Magyar-Amerikai Olajipari Rt (lit.Hungarian-American Oil Co.) The construction was begun before World War II, but completed only after the war. Since 1992 the all area has been a monument and protected by on local level.
- 76 Széchenyi Square (Széchenyi tér). Heart of Jesus Roman Catholic Church on west, Hevesi Sándor Cultural Center on east is located.
- 77 Zalakaros spa bath. The European famous Zalakaros spa bath (open all year) is effective to cure the problems of arthritis, women's diseases, disorders of the nervous system and gum's inflammation. 15 km away. Regular bus connection. Stay: 1 Hotel Freya, Termál utca 7 (Right next to Spa), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. and a dozen other options here.
In the town you can find a 20 m long covered swimming pool with saunas and solariums, several shops, supermarkets, shopping centres, theatre and concert hall, discos and night clubs. In the suburb there are possibilities for riding horses, wellness services and medical bath in Zalakaros, at the weekends organized cycling tours and hikes.
The water of the 15 km far, European famous Zalakaros spa bath (open all year) is allegedly effective in curing problems of arthritis, women's diseases, disorders of the nervous system and gum's inflammation. The 2-3 week long bath cure is supposed to be excellent for regaining your energies in case of tiredness or exhaustion.
There are famous hunting areas, thermal baths, and healthcare centres to provide people with fantastic opportunities to spend free time actively. The artificial boating lake on the eastern edge of the town is an ideal spot for hikers, fishing and water sport enthusiasts.
There is a large number of sport facilities in town for tourists and residents. There is a swimming pool, a city pool, various sport halls, sport pitches and courses not only for footballers, tennis players, and fencers but even for baseball and motocross fans as well.
- 1 City Bath (Strandfürdő, Kanizsa Uszoda és Strandfürdő Nagykanizsa), Csengery út 49. 09:00-16:45, (until 2014 renovation, partly closed). Services: Swimming pool, Outdoor section, Finnish sauna, Infrared sauna, a Jacuzzi, massage, baby swimming, Aqua Fitness, Fitness, swimming lessons, Snack Bar. Adult ticket Ft 800, between 6-18 years or retired Ft 600, Finnish sauna incl. Jacuzzi use, Ft 1050, Infrared sauna (35 minutes) Ft 600, Towel hire Ft 350, Women's swimsuit rental Ft 460, Men's swimwear rental Ft 460, Bathing cap rental Ft 400.
- 2 City Library (Nagykanizsai Halis István Városi könyvtár), Kálvin tér 5., ☎ . M W F 13:00-18:30, Tu Th 09:00-16:00. Built in 2000-2001.
- 3 Sándor Hevesi Community Center (Hevesi Sándor Művelődési Központ), Kórház utca corner. M-F 14:00-18:00.
- February - Nagykanizsai National Doughnut Festival (Nagykanizsai Országos Fánkfesztivál)
- 3rd or 4th weekend of April - City Day (Nagykanizsa Város Napja)
- June - Military International Equestrian Show (Military Nemzetközi Lovastusa)
- June - International Jumping Competition (Nemzetközi Díjugrató-verseny)
- July - Cserfo Jazzland (Cserfő JazzLand)
- July - Summer Theatre (Könnyed Nyári Színház)
- July - Technical Sport Competition (Technikai Négytusa)
- August - Festival Igric (Igric Fesztivál)
- August - International Folk Dance Festival of Zala County (Zalai Nemzetközi Néptáncfesztivál)
- September - Wine and Dödölle (potato dish) Festival (Kanizsai Bor- és Dödölle Fesztivál)
- October - Kanizsa International Jazz and World Music Festival (Kanizsa Nemzetközi Jazz- és Világzenei Fesztivál)
- Csengey Dénes Poetry and Prose Contest of the Carpathian-Basin (Kárpát-medencei Csengey Dénes Vers-és Prózamondó Verseny)
- Ludvig Artists Colony (Ludvig Művésztelep)
- Nagykanizsai Boating Lake (Nagykanizsai Csónakázó tó), Kaposvári u., ☎ .
- Toledo Horse Association (Toledo Lovas Egyesület), Nagykanizsa-Palin, ☎ (Mobil).
- Kögáz Leisure Club (Kögáz Szabadidő Klub), Vár u. 2, ☎ (Mobil).
- Ropte Tennis Club (Röpte Tenisz Klub), Ady u. 72/B, ☎ (Mobil).
- Tennis Club of Kanizsa Sport Association (Kanizsa Tenisz Klub SE), Virág Benedek u. 2, ☎ (Mobil).
- Squash Court (Squash pálya), Centrum udvar, ☎ (Mobil).
- Sun-Dya Fitness Center (Szan-Dia Fitness Center), Kinizsi u. 11, ☎ .
- Kanizsa Spinning Club, Zrínyi u. 46, ☎ (Mobil).
- 4 [dead link]Letenye thermalbath (Letenye thermálfürdő), Letenye (Take Motorway #7 toward west). Located in the Park of Szapáry castle. 50°C thermal water. 33x20 meters large swimming pool, a circular children's pool, volleyball and beach football fields.
- Sport center (Mindenki Sportpályája), Kaán Károly u. 20, ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: email@example.com. Here is also the Sport Motel. Fees for sports courts: Large grass football pitch Ft 6000-8000/hour, Small cinder track Ft 2000/hour, Bituminous handball court Ft 500/hour, Bituminous basketball court Ft 500/hour, Volleyball court Ft 500/hour, Athletics track Ft 5,000/hour, Tennis Court fee: Ft 800/hour, Ft 1000 per two hours, artificial grass football field Ft 3,000/hour.
- Ski and toboggan track (Sí és szánkópálya), Újudvar. There is a 600 m long course with 95 m elevation difference. In the county this is the only ski resort. The slope is ideal for beginners. Lift and warming house is available.
- 2 Interspar Hypermarket (Interspar hipermarket), Táborhely u. 4 (SE half km), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 06:00-22:00, Su 08:00-19:00. Includes: DM Nagykanizsa
- 3 Tesco Nagykanizsa hypermarket (Tesco hipermarket), Boszorkány utca 2 (North of Centre). 24/7. Services: Wi-Fi, Credit card payment, ATMs, meat countertop, fresh bakery products, F & F clothing department, gift package making and packaging, free parking, Home Delivery.
- 4 Coop supermarket (Coop szupermarket), Hevesi Sándor utca (Center), e-mail: email@example.com. M-F Sa. Supermarket chain. - More units: Medium Market,(Kinizsi u.102. Tel: +36 20 9627-504),- Medium Market vegyesbolt, (Templom tér 12. Tel: +36 93 319-102), - Tick-tock Grocery Stores, (Rózsa u. 1., Tel: +36 93 321-775), - No. 19. Forrás (Király u. 36. Tel: +36 93 537-061, +36 93 510-269), - Verseny ABC (Jakabkúti út 1., Tel: +36 93 319-329), - 106. sz. ABC (Olaj U. 27. Tel: +36 93 311-148), - No.103. ABC ( Platán sor 6., Tel: 93/311-401), - No.104. sz. ABC ( Erzsébet tér, 17., Tel: +36 93 311-557), - No.102. sz. ABC (Csengery u. 2., Tel: +36 93 312-051), - No.124. Supermarket (Hevesi u. 6. Tel: +36 93 314-387), - No.101. sz. ABC (Rózsa u. 3.,Tel: +36 93 314-445).
- 5 Lidl discount store (Lidl diszkontáruház), Balaton utca 41, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 07:00-20:00. Discount store chain.
- 6 Penny Market, Kalmár utca (Next to Kanizsa Plaza), ☎ (Customer Service), e-mail: email@example.com. M-Sa 07:00-20:00, Su 07:00-18:00. Discount store chain
- 7 Spar supermarket Nagykanizsa (Spar szupermarket), Kalmár utca 3 (Center), ☎ (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 06:30-20:00, Sa 06:30-18:00, Su 07:00-13:00. Supermarket chain.
- 8 Euronics, Dózsa György utca 160, ☎ (Customer Service: M-F 9:00-17:00), e-mail: email@example.com. M-F 09:00-18:00, Sa 09:00-18:00, Su 10:00-16:00. Electronics supermarket chain. Other unit: Célpont department store unit (Zrínyi u. 15. M-F 08:30-17:30, Sa 08:30-12:30, Su closed. - Tel: +36 93 536-173
- 9 Kanizsa Plaza (Kanizsa Üzletközpont), Európa Tanács utca 2, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Stores M-Sa 09:00-18:00, Su 09:00-14:00. CBA Cent M-Sa 07:00-20:00, Su 07:00-19:00. Amadeus Cafe M-Sa 08:00-21:00, Su 08:00-20:00. Cinema Nagykanizsa Cash Open: half an hour before the first performance.
- 10 Dél-Zalai Department Store (Dél-Zalai Áruház Nagykanizsa), Király utca 36 (Nagyváthy utca corner, one block south of Nagykanizsa Bus Station), ☎ .
- 11 Csarnok Department Store (Csarnok Üzletház) (West one block from Nagykanizsa Bus Station).
- 12 Célpont department store (Célpont Üzletház), Zrínyi Miklós utca 15 (Right next to Dél-Zalai Department Store), ☎ .
- Kanizsa Plaza Cosmos City (Kanizsa Pláza Cosmos City), Európatanács utca 88, ☎ .
- 13 Europa-West (Europa-West Üzletház Nagykanizsa), Erzsébet tér 22.
- 14 OBI Nagykanizsa DIY Store (Obi barkácsáruház), Récsei út 30 (E hundred meters from Tesco Nagykanizsa hypermarket), ☎ , .
- 15 Intersport Nagykanizsa Parkcenter, Récsei út 26-28 (Right next to Tesco Nagykanizsa hypermarket), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. M-F 09:00-19:00, Sa Su 09:00-18:00.
- 16 [dead link]Hervis Nagykanizsa Stop Shop, Dózsa György út 123 (Take bus #20 or #21), ☎ , (Mobil), fax: . M-F 10:00-19:00, Sa 09:00-19:00, Su 09:30-18:00. Shoes, fashion, fitness, running, children, climbing, cycling, Football, accessories, tennis, snowboard, tour, hiking and travel goods.
- 1 Ambrozia Restaurant (Ambrózia Étterem), Szent-Flórián tér 4, ☎ (Mobil), fax: . M-F 11:30–19:30.
- 2 McDonald's, Balaton utca 43 (Right after Lidl in the direction of Tesco when coming from downtown on Balatoni str.), ☎ . M-Th 07:00-22:00; F Sa 07:00-24:00.
- 2 Ambrozia Pension (Ambrózia Magánszállás), Pivári u. 4 (West), ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 2-3-4 bed non-Smoking rooms all with bathroom/shower, wash basin, toilet, wireless Internet access, towels and sheets are provided. In the corridor fridge, freezer and microwave. Closed parking, playground. For one/two/three persons Ft 6300/9,000/11,800. All tax incl. On request breakfast Ft 1000.
- 3 Centrum Guesthouse (Centrum Vendégház), Király u. 29 (W 300m of Erzsébet Square), ☎ (Mobil), e-mail: email@example.com. Kitchen - dining room - toilet - entrance hall - private parking cable TV. For one/two/three/four/five people Ft 5400/7800/11,700/15,600/17,000.
- 4 Hotel Central, Erzsébet tér 23 (Center), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fifty rooms. All rooms with telephone, internet, wi-fi, color TV, radio, minibar Single/double/triple Ft 11,300-13,300/14,600-16,600/16,900-18900.
- 5 Pension Cserfa (Cserfa Panzió), Cserfa u. 5, ☎ , (Mobil), (Mobil Contact in english), e-mail: email@example.com.
- Eve Apartment (Éva Apartman), Árpád u. 40, ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 Pension Forhenci I (Förhénci Panzió I.), Förhénc 332. (~6 km north), ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: email@example.com. Double Ft 7000.
- Pension Forhenci II (Förhénci Panzió II), Förhénc 320 (~6 km north), ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Double Ft 7000.
- 7 Pension Galeria (Galéria Panzió), Kisfaludy u. 31, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Ten comfortable and individual guest rooms and apparments with kitchen. Services: Internet, (wireless), Television, Radio, Non-smoking rooms, Air condition, Tub in the bath Single/double/triple Ft 8700/12,600/16,500, Apartment for two guests one bedroom with two single beds Ft 13,600, Apartment for four guests, one bedroom with two single couch Ft 18,500 all tax included.
- 8 Pension Hegyi (Hegyi Panzió), Sikátor u 1 (North of Center), ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. free WiFi, Free parking, six rooms Double Ft 5600.
- 9 Pension Herkules (Herkules Panzió), Herkules u. 90 (North four km away), ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: email@example.com. Room: Ft 4000-6000 per person, Continental Breakfast: Ft 1000, Lunch, dinner: Ft 1500.
- 10 Ms. Kertész Rózsa B&B (Kertész Rózsa-magánszállás), Haladás u. 19 (West of Canal Principalis), ☎ (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11 Konig Hotel Restaurant & Café (Hotel König), Űrhajós u 1 (North of Hwy 7), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Room rates include breakfast. Double room for one/two persons Ft 12,800/17,600. 3-bed room: Ft 20,500, Suite for two/three/four Ft 25,600/28,900/32,200 all tax included.
- 12 Korona Hotel and Restaurant (Korona Szálló), Csónakázó-tó (Boating Lake) (Turn north from Hwy 61 at the first street after Creek Bakonaki (if you come from Nagykanizsa)), ☎ , , (Mobil), e-mail: koronaszállo@gmail.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 19 rooms. All room price include: Buffet breakfast. All rooms with shower, toilet, sink, hair dryer, satellite TV, refrigerator, towels and Wi-Fi. Outdoor cooking facilities, sizeable free parking next to the hotel even for buses. 24 hour reception, bar, restaurant (partially active), safe service. Conference room up to fifty people. Single/double or twin/triple/quad Ft 7800/12,600/16,200/18,600. Two-room suites for three person Ft 18,000. Surcharges: tourist tax Ft 300 per person over 18 years. Pets Ft 2500 Extra bed with breakfast (6-12 years/12+ years) Ft 3600/4600, Half board Ft 3000. Wellness: Jacuzzi 1500, Finnish sauna Ft 1500/hour.
- 13 Pension Kristina (Krisztina Panzió), Szekeres u. 64. (1 km east from Center near Interspar), ☎ , (Mobil), fax: . Check-in: 00:00-23:00. Ten air-con. rooms with bathroom, fridge and TV. Free parking, continental breakfast. Double/triple/quad Ft 10,400/12,600/15,000 all tax included.
- 14 Marika-City Pension (Marika Panzió), Sugár út 45 (500 m north from Center), ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the central pension designed of high level, 7 rooms with shower and toilet, with colour TV; breakfast room and carpark are waiting for the guests. Free wifi spot. Jun 1-Sep 15: single/double or twin/triple Ft 7300/10,600/14,100. Family rooms for four/five persons Ft 16,900/20,900 all tax included (out of season about 15% discount).
- 15 Hotel Mini, Palin, Felsőerdő u. 93 (5 km north from the downtown. Taking M7, exit Zalaegerszeg, continue on Hwy 74 until Palin), ☎ (Mobil), fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Rooms Ft 5300/8000.
- 16 Pension Hugi (Hugi Panzió), Király u. 7 (300 m west from the downtown), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. A few minutes away from downtown, located in a quiet environment. Capacity: 19 people. One-two-three bedded en-suite tv, air-conditioned rooms. Private car parking, free Wi-Fi Standard room for one/two/three person(s) Ft 7800/11,100/13,300. Deluxe room Ft 930/13100. Breakfast Ft 1000.
- 17 Nyírfás Camping and Motel, Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Endre utca 118 (West of Canal Principalis. About 3 km west from the downtown), ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: email@example.com. The motel has three double, two quad and one triple rooms. Services: flush toilet, Pets are allowed, hot and cold water shower, laundry facilities, electrical connection, camper drain, cooking facilities, hot and cold water sink, private parking, freezer pack-cooling, playground. Well-equipped kitchen. Horse riding, bicycle rental. 40 m² children's pool. Motel Ft 2800 p.p. - Camping: adult/children Ft 800/600, places/current Ft 600/700.
- 18 Hotel Oasis (Apartmanhotel Oázis), Magyar u.19 (300 m north from the downtown), ☎ , (Mobil), fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. Wi-Fi. Single/double/triple Ft 8000/10,250/13,850. Two bedroom studio for four people: Ft 16350. Apartment for 2 people: Ft 13150, additional beds: Ft 3500, Pet surcharge: Ft 4500, Breakfast (extended continental): Ft 960.
- 19 Pannon Uni Hostel (Pannon Egyetem Kollégiuma), Zárda u. 2 (Near to Alsóváros Franciscan church), ☎ (Mobil), , e-mail: email@example.com. Dorms common shower: Ft 2700; own shower: Ft 3300 (more than a week: 10 percent discount).
- 20 Pelikan (Pelikán Magánszállás), Haladás út 9 (From the motorway take the exit to Gyékényes, Kiskanizsa. When you get to the MOL petrol station turn right and then straight away left into Pivári Street. Continue down this street for approximately 1km SW from downtown), ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Each room has cable TV and internet connection via W-LAN. There is also a computer with internet available for guests. There is a kitchen with a microwave, fridge and coffee machine. There is a grocery and café 5 minutes walk from the pension. Also has a secure car park. Ft 2500-3800 per person all tax included.
- 21 [dead link]Platanus Pension and Restaurant (Platanus Panzió), Garay u. 21 (north to M7 motorway), ☎ (Mobil), e-mail: email@example.com. Open 24/7. Single/double/triple Ft 850013,800/17,100. Family Room for four persons/Apartment for six persons: Ft 21,200/28,800 all tax incl..
- 22 Hotel Szoloskert (Hotel Szőlőskert, Vineyard Inn & Hotel Restaurant), Kaposvári út 106 (Hwy 61 toward southeast from Nagykanizsa. Near to the Boating Lake), ☎ , (Mobil), fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. All rooms with satellite flat-screen TV, air-conditioning and a bathroom with a shower. Standard (16 m²); Comfort (24 m²); Superior (24 m²); Deluxe (30 m²). Jacuzzi and the steam room Standard Ft 9800-10,800, Comfort Ft 10,800-13,100, Superior Ft 12,300-13,800, Deluxe Ft 15,300-17,100 (Oct 2014).
- Sport Motel (Sportszálló (Mindenki Sportpályája)), Kaán Károly u. 20, ☎ , (Mobil), fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Sport Motel Ft 2800 per person.
- TISZK Student Hostel (TISZK Kollégium), Ady u. 74/a, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 23 B&B (Magánszállás Nagykanizsán Kanizsatourist), Csengery u. 17, ☎ , (Mobil), e-mail: email@example.com. Kanizsatourist Agency, Fő út 13. Other B&B's: Kalmár u. 7 , Zrínyi Miklós u. 36.
- 24 Hotel Touring Nagykanizsa, Attila utca 4, ☎ , (Mobil), fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 40 rooms with private shower and toilets, colour TV; common kitchen and free breakfast. June 15-Sep 15: single/double room Ft 6800/9300, Double room without TV/with extra bed 8000/11,400, 2 + 2 beds/2 + 3 bed family room 15,300/16,700, breakfast Ft 1060 all tax incl. Off season 10-15% discount.
Nagykanizsa postal code is: H-8800. Area Phone code: 93
- 2 Post Office (Magyar Posta Nagykanizsa #1), Zrínyi Miklós utca 31 (Southern part of the Downtown (Belváros)), ☎ , (manager), e-mail: email@example.com. M-F 08:00-19:00, Sa 08:00-12:00. Cash withdrawals from Card.
- Kisbalaton Conservation Area