Nagykanizsa (Croatian: Velika Kaniža, German: Großkirchen, Großkanizsa, Turkish: Kanije) is a city in Hungary in the center of the Somogy-Zala hills, lying between the western corner of the Lake Balaton and the Croatian and Slovenian border. At the same time, this pulsing border town, with its 55,000 inhabitants, is the center of the southwestern Transdanubian region. It's also the traditional transitplace of trade and tourism, heading for or arriving from the Adriatic and Italian harbours.
The name Kanizsa was first mentioned in a document in 1245. It is of Slavic origin (Knysa), and means "belonging to a prince". It refers to the fact that the region was the property of an aristocrat.
The city's oldest Roman era ruins were uncovered in the 1960s. Later, during the Middle Ages, it became one of the most important strongholds of the Hungarian Kingdom. The fortress had a significant role in the southern shield line of Hungary, keeping the whole of Western Europe safe from the attacks of the Ottoman Empire.
The city started a new phase of large-scale development in the 1860s. The railway connecting Nagykanizsa with Vienna, Budapest, and Rijeka was constructed at that time. There was rapid development in industry as well.
- 1 Tourinform Nagykanizsa, Erzsébet tér 21, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 08:30–16:30. Tourist information about sights, accommodation, restaurants, programs in Nagykanizsa and its surroundings. Maps, postcards, guides and Hungary Card. Tickets for programs in Nagykanizsa. Organizing of city tours.
Trains are available in every two hours from Budapest-Déli pályaudvar via Székesfehérvár, Siófok and Fonyód, moving on the South Coast of the Lake Balaton. The journey takes around 3 hours and costs 3690 Ft. Other direct connections are:
- Toward the west: there are direct international trains via Gyékényes to Zagreb (Croatia) once a day.
- Toward the north: Szombathely via Zalaszentiván (junction point to Zalaegerszeg) in about every four hours.
- Toward the south: Pécs via Barcs and Szigetvár in about every four hours, and Dombóvár via Kaposvár four times a day.
1 Nagykanizsa Train Station, Ady Endre utca 67, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Ticket office: 24 hours daily. The train station is 1.7 km (1.1 mi) away from the center. The bus line 18 goes between the train station and the city center (Kalmár utca).
Buses are available four times a day from Budapest-Népliget. The journey takes 3 hours and costs 4015 Ft–4305 Ft.
Volánbusz operates local buses in Nagykanizsa. Tickets (in 2019): 250 Ft in advance, 320 Ft from driver. Passes (in 2019): 6100 Ft per month, 4060 Ft semimonthly. Tickets can be purchased at the bus station (only on weekdays) and at many newsstands. Public transport map of Nagykanizsa.
- Kanizsabike, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Public bike rental system. Annual pass: 6000 Ft, six-month pass: 3900 Ft, weekly pass: 700 Ft, three-day pass: 400 Ft, daily ticket: 200 Ft.
- 1 Erzsébet tér. This is the main square. It was named after Queen Elizabeth in 1898.
- Memorial of 20th Honorary Infantry Regiment (20. honvéd gyalogezred emlékműve). Memorial of dead soldiers in the World War I.
- Fountain (Szökőkút).
- Sculpture of Queen Elizabeth (Erzsébet királyné szobra). It was set up in 2012.
- Music Pavilion (Zenepavilon).
- Well of Twin Cities (Testvérvárosok kútja). It was set up in 2012.
- Trinity Sculpture (Szentháromság-szobor). It was set up in 1773.
- 2 Ironman House (Former Inn for Landlords, Vasember-ház, volt uradalmi fogadó), Erzsébet tér 1. It was built in baroque style by a landlord in 1850s. Its name comes from the armoured soldier standing on the facade of the building. It used to be a hardware store.
- 3 Town Hall (Városháza), Erzsébet tér 7. This is a three-storey, almost indecorated building. It was built to serve as a courthouse. Now it functions as a lawcourt and the center of local administration. It was built in 1936–1937 on the basis of Tibor Hübner and Ferenc K. Császár plans. The facade of the palace was decorated by the Hungarian coat of arms. Under it, in gold letters, is the "Housing Act" message. Since 1990 working here the Mayor's Office. In August 1992, placed on the facade a bronze and enamel municipal coat of arms.
- 4 Quarter House (Kvártélyház), Erzsébet tér 9. This is an L-shaped, one-story, gabled building. Top of the facade is Attica closed by attica. Itshas a triple arched entrance gate. There are some arched halls, barrel-vaulted corridors. The doorway decorated with Tuscan columns and domed cap. The three-arm staircase includes Tuscan half columns and columns. It was built in the 18th century as a manor inn, and still working here until 1850s was the Green Tree inn (Zöldfa vendéglő). In 1860 transformed since then, it had been the Courthouse. It was an internment camp from 1943 to 1945. Since 1952 using to elementary school. At the doorway is a László Csány plaque, 1998 (by János Beres).
- 5 Gutmann Palace (Gutmann-palota), Erzsébet tér 11. Classicist styled merchant house. A U-shaped, one-story monument building with gable-roof. It was built around 1820. The street facade of its is closed with a triangular tympanum in middle part. In the central axis is an arched high, stone-framed gate with curb-stones so typical of merchant houses. The facade is decorated in fine simplicity. The hanging corridor of the courtyard facade leaning consoles. The ground-floor rooms ceilings are arched. The doorway part is arched and connecting to a three-arm staircase. The south wing of the main building later built to the original L-shaped building. In the second half of the 19th century this was the Gutmann merchant family residential house which was also the business headquarters of the company, office and warehouse. The Gutmann family was famous all over Europe for their forest products. From 1952 to 2000 here was one of the departments of the György Thury Museum.
- 6 House of Fine Arts (museum) (Small Mansion, Képzőművészetek Háza, Kiskastély), Erzsébet tér 14–15 (yard), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Closed in 2018 due to technical reasons. This is a beautiful Neo-Classicist styled villa. It was built in the 1940s by grain trader, László Lázár. Since 1996 a picture gallery is here. The permanent exhibition is here, orientalist paintings of Erzsébet Sass Brunner and Erzsébet Brunner (mother and daughter, who found new home in India) are on continuous display also with works of the Kanizsa-born painter Istvan Z. Soós. Adult: 700 Ft, Student, senior: 350 Ft.
- 7 Hungarian Poster House (museum) (Granary, Magyar Plakát Ház, Magtár), Erzsébet tér 14–15 (yard), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Sa 10:00–17:00. It's a granary from the 18th century on the eastern side of the courtyard of the house. Its facade is topped with a tymphanon and the small stoneframed windows only slightly disrupt the evenness of the wallface. The historic origin of the iron gate is disputed. Now here is the Hungarian Poster House. Provides a steady place for poster exhibitions. The authentic rustic beams were preserved. There is a still working grain transport machinery. Adult: 700 Ft, Student, senior: 350 Ft.
- 8 Golden Deer Hotel (Arany Szarvas Szálloda és Vendéglő), Erzsébet tér 18. The famous Golden Deer Hotel and Restaurant in 1875 began to build by innkeeper György Knortzer. At the time, the Inn has worked in two buildings, in one was the hotel and the cafe and in the other building was the restaurant. The 32-room inn has become one of the most modern hotels in the region. The main guests were princes, ministers, distinguished foreigners. In the late 1930s, the "Little Deer" inn worked here, led by Janos Hary. From 1942 to 1950 led by Joseph Szever here the prestigious 'Restaurant Szever'. After the nationalization of the restaurant, for decades, worked as the Rose Garden restaurant. Today, shops can be found on the ground floor.
- 9 György Thúry Museum (Batthyány Mansion, Thúry György Múzeum, Batthyány-kastély), Fő út 5, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W–Su 10:00–17:00. Located in the oldest dwelling-house of town. It was built between 1705–1712. It was owned by the Count Batthyány-family. For the construct used the bricks of remains of the Kanizsa Castle, therefor locals mentioned as the ducal castle. Two-story baroque building with arched gate and 'kváder' stony ground level. In the courtyard of the Museum is located under the protective roof, an original Turkish Fountain, whose rectangular stone basin derived from Ottoman period's Kanizsa Castle. Exhibitions: the history of the territory from the Little Balaton’s western basin to the river Mura from Neolithic till the Middle Ages. The other part describes the region’s leading town, Nagykanizsa, focusing on its 18th century. The empire furnishings of the Black Eagle drugstore were placed in a separate room, completely restored and first opened to the public. The exhibition has been made even more enjoyable through interactive computer programs. There are shops on the street side. Adult: 700 Ft, Student, senior: 350 Ft.
- 10 Synagogue (Zsinagóga), Fő út 6 (yard). Classicist style, erected between 1807 and 1822. It was built in a courtyard. In the middle of the last century it was extended and decorated. There is a memorial for the 3000 Jews, who died in the concentration camps of World War II. The one-storey classicist building facing the street was also owned by the Jewish Community.
- 11 Savings Bank of Southern Zala and Bazaar Yard (Dél-zalai Takarékpénztár és Bazár-udvar), Fő út 8. The Savings Bank of Southern Zala was established in 1870. Mostly it dealt with agricultural credit operations. Rebuilt in 1881 in eclectic style with a very nicely ornamented facade. This is a three-storey building. It looks to two streets. Also it has two inner courtyards. These inner courtyards were surrounded by several shops; that is why it was called the "Bazaar". Now its courtyards host music concerts in summer.
- 12 Palace of First Hungarian General Insurance Company (Első Magyar Általános Biztosító palotája), Csengery út 2. Here was the first General Insurance Company what is established in Nagykanizsa in 1857. The palace, built at the beginning of 19th century, is one of the nicest buildings of the town today. Its style is a mixture of secession and eclectics. On the Fő street-facade of the harmoniously coloured building, level with the attic, there is a tympan with the emblem of the Insurance Company. Going downwards from the top of the building under the playfully disegned balconies there is a sudden shift into a much more simple style.
Deák Ferenc tér
- 13 Deák Ferenc tér.
- Turul Statue (Turul-szobor). It was set up in 1933.
- Memoral of 48th Infantry Regiment (48. gyalogezred emlékműve). Memorial of dead soldiers in the World War I. It was set up in 1934.
- 14 Palace of Savings Bank of Nagykanizsa (Nagykanizsai Takarékpénztár palotája), Deák Ferenc tér 1. Built in 1870.
- 15 Grünhut House (Grünhut-ház), Deák Ferenc tér 2. A romanticist building. This was the house of a rich grain-merchant, banker and art-collector, Alfred Grünhunt. His flat was on the floor, the groundfloor and the courtyard accommodated an office and warehouses. Specialty of on its facade is the oriental piece above the balcony.
- 16 Roman Catholic Parish House (Római katolikus plébániaház), Deák Ferenc tér 4. It used to be the Lackenbacher House. An L-shaped, one-story building. The street side is gabled, the wing of the court with half-gabled roof covered. The arched entrance gate located at eastern end of the street facade. In the middle of the facade on the second floor can be see a wrought iron balcony with consoles. The facade decorated with plaster in romantic style. The ceilings of the ground-floor rooms are made mostly 'barrel-vault'. To the second floor a three-arm, vaulted staircase leading. Built in the 1860s by Heinrich Lackenbacher, who was that time the main food dealer of the Austrian military. From 1898 it was owned by Fülöp Grünhut grain merchant (Deák tér 2 also was his property). Since 1940 the building has operated as the parish hall of the R.C. Sacred Heart Church.
- 17 Axenti House (Axenti-ház), Deák Ferenc tér 5. L-shaped, one-story building with gabled roof. The gate is in the eastern edge's axis of the street's facade. On the south facade of the courtyard wing is the Classicist grid lines hanging corridor decorated with the builder's monogram. The rooms in the northern wing of the ground floor covered by 'carapace' and 'barrel' vaults. The upstairs rooms are mat plane ceiling. The windows are made in the second half of the 19th century and early 20th century. György Axenti, a Greek leather merchant, built in 1817. Between 1845-1872 operated on the floor was the Savings Bank of Nagykanizsa. From 1891, here was a shop of Reichenfeld Gyula wholesaler. The main facade decorated by Deák Ferenc bust (György Fischer) 1997.
- 18 Church of Felsőváros (Sacred Heart) (Felsővárosi (Jézus Szíve) templom), Deák Ferenc tér. Roman Catholic church. One of the churches in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kaposvár. Former here was a cemetery. In 1764 a chapel was built in honour of St. John of Napomuk for the Piarist Fathers. In 1824 the chapel was extended and tower was added to it. In 1942 a new church was built on its place; the tower remained untouched. The interior of the new church is very simple and light.
- 19 Bank Palace (Bankpalota), Fő út 16. Established in 1879 as the suboffice of the Austro-Hungarian Savings Bank. This bank is one of the oldest in Hungary. The palace was built with a splendid cupola looking onto the main square on the plans of József Hubert. Is was completed in 1902-1903 in Eclectic style. The its interior bears all the features of a financial institution. This was a regional unit of the National Bank between 1924 and 1987 and of the Credit Bank (Kereskedelmi és Hitelbank) after 1987.
- 20 Bogenrieder Palace (Bogenrieder-palota), Fő út 13. A masterpiece of Secessions style. It is remarkable for its lively ornaments and variety of forms. It was once owned by a wealthy pharmacist.
- 21 Bayer House (Bajer-ház), Kölcsey Ferenc utca 2. A nice one-storey building built in 1903 in art nouveau style.
Others in the downtown
- 22 Medgyaszay House (Medgyaszay-ház), Sugár út 5, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The history of the "movies" in Nagykanizsa began in 1896. The building made by the architect István Medgyaszay, in 1927. The fascade fresco displays the scene from famous Hungarian plays. In 1930, after Budapest, this cinema was the second in the country in which showed sound films. The building in the mid-1990s operated as a cinema. Now it's a venue of exhibitions, theater performances, concerts and other events.
- 23 Reformed Church (Református templom), Kálvin tér. Based on the plans of Vécsey Barnabas city engineer. Designed by Zoltan Kalmar. Built in Roman school style in 1934. A 28 m (92 ft) long simple buildings with narrow, semicircular windows. The 19 meters high rectangular tower without a helmet is on the left side of facade. The foyer located next to the tower connected with a wide, stone railing staircase. A tall narrow window and a clock can be seen on the upper part of the main facade's tower. Sanctuary from the south part with a church hall is connected. Above the entrance is the choir.
- 24 Great Hungary Monument (Nagy-Magyarország-emlékmű), Eötvös tér. First erected in 1934, symbolizing the unity of Greater Hungary including places part of the country until the end of WWI. The monument was taken down and buried underground in 1952, but in the early 2000s it was dug up and restored.
- 25 17 Longitude Monument (17. keleti hosszúsági kör emlékmű), Huszti György tér. It was set up in 1997. At this point you are almost exactly 17° east of the Greenwich Meridian, although your GPS might tell you to walk on another 100 m (330 ft).
- 26 Commercial Casino (Kereskedelmi kaszinó), Ady Endre utca 7. A cultural association founded in 1835. Every citizen of Kanizsa can be a member of its. In 1886, an imposing headquarters built to the membership. This is a eclectic corner building. The designer was the Viennese architect Ludwig Schöne. It was built by a local architect-contractor, Morandini. The Ceremonial Hall was the scene of countless theatrical performances and other social gatherings. Also there were a reading room, a lounge, a bowling alley, and two card-playing rooms. During World War I, used as a hospital. Later formed an exclusively club to the significant number of Nagykanizsa's Judaism community. It is now a casino for Army. A part of the original furniture preserves at the György Thúry Museum.
- 27 Church of Alsóváros (Saint Joseph) and Franciscan Monastery (Alsóvárosi (Szent József) templom és ferences kolostor), Zárda utca. The Roman Catholic Franciscan Church was built between 1702-1704, and rebuilt in 1760. Former military warehouse between 1787–1791 and 1806–1815. Tower was made in 1816. A single nave, gabled church with straight closure shrine. The Bell Tower is at the northeast corner of its. The Friary's closed yards connected to the western and southern facade of the church. The entrance hall and chapel line attached to the eastern side of the nave. To the eastern side of the sanctuary is the foyer and the oratory. The nave, the chapel and the shrine row covered vaulted by 'Czech Loaf'. Inner part: Typically from the 18th century. The main side altars and the pulpit, around 1750-1760. The main altar, ordered by Count Lajos Batthyány Chancellor in 1747 a work from Franz Caspar Sambach. The Franciscan Monastery is a two-story building. The main part of its a rectangular building, what enclosing a courtyard. There is also an L-shaped wing. The ceiling frescos of the spacious, richly decorated dining room are destroyed, the beautiful inlaid door now can be see in the György Thúry Museum. In the summer of 1950 the monks who are living here were deported to gulag. After that, the monastery was home of the Miklós Zrínyi Boy Student Hostel later the Municipal Library moved to here. Now the building is back in to Franciscan property.
Outside the downtown
- 28 Jewish Mortuary (Izraelita ravatalozó), Ady Endre utca (Cserháti szakközépiskola 18). It was built in 1883 in eclectic style.
- 29 Kanizsa Castle Historical Exhibition (Kanizsai Vár történelmi kiállítás), Vár utca 5 (Gépgyár 4, 6, 16), ☏ . M–F 08:00–16:00. There is an exhibition hall about the history of Kanizsa Castle.
- 30 Castle Gate Memorial (Várkapu emlékmű), Vár utca (Kiskanizsa, Bajcsy-Zs. utca 13. / Varasdi utca 4, 6, 16). This is a memorial of the Kanizsa Castle, which was demolished. It was set up in 1996. There is also a sculpture of György Thury, who was the most famous captain of the castle.
- 31 Duke Joseph Barracks (József főherceg laktanya), Dózsa György utca 73–75 (Kanizsatex 20, 21). It's built in 1902 for the 20th Honorary Infantry Regiment.
- 32 Observation Tower Nagykanizsa (Nagykanizsai kilátó), Csónakázó-tó (Sánc, Csónakázó-tó, bejárati út 10), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Mar 09:00–18:00, Apr–Aug 09:00–20:00, Sep–Oct 09:00–18:00, Nov–Feb 10:00–16:00. 48 m (157 ft) high observation tower. 500 Ft.
- 33 Assumption Roman Catholic Church (Nagyboldogasszony római katolikus templom), Miklósfa (Miklósfa, Bem utca 8). The church was built in 1765. Also here is the parish building is erected in the 1940s. Located on a rising ground. A free-standing, central, four-winged-shaped church. Eastern wing includes a stair tower linked to sanctuary and a square-shaped, low vestry. A 'Hussar' tower rises above the sacristy with an off-line tower helmet. In the central axis of West wing is the richly carved, gabled gate with a coat of arms of Festetics. The entrance of the vestry is with straight closure, rock ribbon framed. Over the entrance is an metal bent arched roof made. The central part of the church is domed. The wings are covered with quarter sphere vault. The new choir made in the 1960s using reinforced concrete. Murals: in the vaults figurative-symbolic painting can be see from second half of 20th century. Interior: typically 19-20th century; the benches made in the late 18th century. The altar table, Easter candle holder, baptismal font: 20th century.
- 34 Chapel Inkey (Inkey-kápolna), Lazsnakpuszta (Domus, bejárati út 2). A baroque chapel, built in 1786. Next to the Inkey chapel was founded a tomb of a child in ancient chapel in the second cemetery (attached to the Roman estate, Villa Rustica).
- 35 Chapel of Förhénc (Förhénci kápolna), Förhénchegy (Palin, futballpálya 2). Roman Catholic Chapel. A free-standing, single-nave chapel with segmental arched closure sanctuary and on the southern facade with a tower, on the west side with a sacristy. Fragments of frescoes can be see on vault from the 1860s, and at sanctuary apse, in 1985 painted by László Takács. It was built in 1761. Renovated in 1985. In the churchyard: stone crucifix with corpus, and a niche for St. Mary Statue in 1923.
- 36 Nativity of Mary Roman Catholic Church (Kisboldogasszony római katolikus templom), Ady Endre utca, Homokkomárom. Built in 1744 in Baroque style. Inside the church there is a Mary-grace painted glass picture from the 17th century. Next to the church there is monastery for the Community of the Beatitudes.
- 37 Peasant houses with thatched roofs (Zsúpfedeles népi lakóházak), Széchenyi út 27, 31, Kacorlak. Built in the second half of the 19th century.
- 1 Boating Lake (Csónakázó-tó) (Sánc, Csónakázó-tó, bejárati út 10). Artificial lake and leisure park located 4.5 km (2.8 mi) away from the center of Nagykanizsa. It's suitable for fishing, bycicling, boating and hiking.
- 2 Escape World, Magyar utca 47, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Escape game. 2250 Ft–3500 Ft per person.
- 3 Jágó Squash Club, Fő út 7, ☏ . M–F 08:00–22:00, Sa 09:00–22:00, Su 13:00–22:00. 1700 Ft–2000 Ft per hour.
- 4 Kanizsa Swimming Pool and Bath (Kanizsa uszoda és strandfürdő), Csengery út 49 (Csengery út 55-58. 8, 14), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 09:00–20:00. Services: swimming pool, outdoor section, finnish sauna, infrared sauna, a jacuzzi, massage, baby swimming, aqua fitness, fitness, swimming lessons, snack bar. Adult: 900 Ft; student, senior: 650 Ft; children: 500 Ft.
- 5 Sándor Hevesi Community Center (Hevesi Sándor Művelődési Központ), Széchenyi tér 5–9, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Ticket office: M–F 14:00–18:00.
- 6 Sétakert (park) (Csengery út 55-58. 8, 14). On 4 ha is the grandest park of the town. Opened in 1896 in honour of the Millennium. The first part built on farms of Kiskanizsa neigborhood. The founder Gyula Tripammer, himself planted in the garden, and nursed him until his death. Since beginning of the 20th century it has been a very lively park: every Sundays Gypsy music, military music and confectionery attracted the audience. The park was named "Tripammer Garden" by Town Assembly in 1927. But the locals allways called it as "Sétakert". From 1930 started to reduce the area of the park, first built there the City Bath (Strandfürdő), and later to the construction of housing project MAORT also carved out some areas. Its ornamental entrance was renovated in 2000.
- 7 Sports-ground for Everyone (Mindenki Sportpályája), Kaán Károly utca (Víztorony (Teleki utca) 6, 10, 20, 21), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 08:00–22:00. A large-sized grass football pitch, a hard running track, 4 hard tennis courts, 2 small-sized turfed football pitches, an asphalted handball field and a basketball court, a volleyball court, a street-ball court.
- 8 Toledo Horse Association (Toledo Lovas Egyesület), Palin (Palin, Udvarház utca 2), ☏ . 09:00–18:00.
- National Doughnut Festival (Országos Farsangi Fánkfesztivál). In February.
- KanizsaFest - City Day Nagykanizsa (Nagykanizsa Város Napja). In April.
- Kanizsa Beer Festival (Kanizsai Sörfesztivál és Fúvóstalálkozó). In June.
- Military International and National Horse Racing Qualifying Competition Nagykanizsa (Nagykanizsai Military Nemzetközi és Országos Lovastusa Minősítő Verseny). In July.
- National Day (Nemzeti Ünnep). On August 20.
- Kanizsa Wine and Dödölle Festival (Kanizsai Bor- és Dödölle Fesztivál). In September.
- Advent Fair (Adventi Forgatag). In December.
Inside the downtown:
- 1 Csarnok Üzletház, Kalmár utca 6, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 05:00–17:00, Sa 05:00–14:00, Su 06:00–13:00. Market hall, with 100 stalls including food and clothing. Flea market on Sundays.
- 2 Dél-Zalai Áruház, Zrínyi utca 15., ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:30–18:00, Sa 08:30–13:00. Shopping center, including supermarket and drugstore.
- 3 Kanizsa Plaza, Európa Tanács utca 2, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 07:00–20:00. Shopping center, including cinema, book store and clothes store.
- 4 Spar Nagykanizsa, Kalmár utca 3, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 06:30–20:00, Sa 06:30–17:00, Su 07:00–13:00. Supermarket.
Outside the downtown:
- 5 Kanizsa Centrum, Táborhely utca 4 (Víztorony (Teleki utca) 6, 10, 20, 21), ☏ , (hypermarket), (confectionery), ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 09:00-19:00, Su 10:00–19:00; Interspar hypermarket: M–Sa 06:00–22:00, Su 08:00–19:00; Gerő Confectionery: M–Th Su 08:00–20:30, F–Sa 08:00–22:00. Shopping center with hypermarket, post office, pharmacy, drugstore, book store, clothes store, restaurant and confectionery.
- 6 Park Center Nagykanizsa, Récsei út 26–28 (Városkapu körút 4, 6, 14), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Shopping center with clothing and furniture shops.
- 7 Stop Shop Nagykanizsa, Dózsa György út 123 (Stop.Shop 20, 21). Shopping center with clothing and drug stores.
- 8 Tesco Nagykanizsa, Boszorkány utca 2 (Városkapu körút 4, 6, 14), ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 06:00–22:00, Su 07:00–20:00; City Bistro: M–Sa 08:00–21:00, Su 08:00–19:30. Hypermarket. Services: ATMs, meat countertop, fresh bakery products, clothing department. Lunch menu in bistro: 890 Ft, average meal in bistro: 1880 Ft.
|This page uses the following price ranges for a typical meal for one, including soft drink:|
|Budget||Under 1700 Ft|
|Mid-range||1700 Ft–2200 Ft|
|Splurge||Over 2200 Ft|
Inside the downtown:
- 1 Adam's Cafe, Sabján Gyula utca 4, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 08:00–20:00, F 08:00–23:00, Sa 11:00–23:00, Su 16:00–20:00. Cafe, fast food and cocktail bar. 950 Ft, hamburger: 850 Ft.
- 2 Berényi Confectionery and Pizzeria, Fő út 3, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th Su 08:00–22:00, F Sa 08:00–00:00. Confectionery, pizzeria and fast food bar. Pizza: 1390 Ft, hamburger: 800 Ft.
- 3 Mei Wei, Erzsébet tér 23, ☏ . M–Sa 09:00–21:00. Chinese food bar. 830 Ft.
- 4 M55 Bistro and Pizzeria, Ady Endre utca 5, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M 10:00–16:00, Tu–Th 10:00–22:00, F Sa 10:00–23:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria. 1100 Ft, pizza: 1470 Ft, lunch menu: 930 Ft.
- 5 Pecsenyetanya, Sabján Gyula utca 10, ☏ . M–Sa 07:00–19:00. Food bar with local cuisine. Lunch menu: 950 Ft.
- 6 Piramis Fast Food Bar, Sugár út 1, ☏ . Tu–F 10:00–21:00. Pizzeria and fast food bar. 1160 Ft, pizza: 1280 Ft, hamburger: 750 Ft.
Outside the downtown:
- 7 Joy's Three, Alkotmány tér 36, Fityeház, ☏ . M–Th 12:00–21:00, F Sa 12:00–22:00. Pizzeria and fast food bar. 1090 Ft, pizza: 1290 Ft.
- 8 Keleti Pecsenyéző, Zemplén Győző utca 8 (Városkapu körút 4, 6, 14). M–F 07:00–17:00, Sa 08:00–13:00. Food bar, mainly sausage.
- 9 Mini Restaurant, Sugár út 40, ☏ . M–Sa 11:00–20:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 1350 Ft, lunch menu: 1050 Ft.
- 10 Pálma Presszó and Pizzeria, Kossuth Lajos utca 159, Gelse, ☏ . M–Th 11:00–21:00, F Sa 11:00–23:00, Su 11:00–20:00. Pizzeria. Pizza: 1400 Ft, hamburger: 800 Ft.
- 11 Retro Kifőzde, Hevesi Sándor utca 2/b (Hevesi - Bartók utcai sarok 6, 20, 21), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 09:00–19:00, Su 09:00–17:00. Food bar with local cuisine, where you can eat many kind of soups and vegetable stews. Lunch menu: 890 Ft.
Inside the downtown:
- 12 Centrum Burger and Pasta Bar, Deák Ferenc tér 2, ☏ . M–Th 10:00–23:00, F Sa 10:00–02:00. Fast food bar. 1500 Ft, hamburger: 790 Ft.
- 13 Kaszinó Restaurant, Ady Endre utca 7, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 11:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 1550 Ft, lunch menu: 950 Ft.
- 14 Placc, Erzsébet tér 21, ☏ . M–Th 11:00–22:00, F Sa 11:00–23:00, Su 11:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria with specialties like lepény and dödölle. 1690 Ft, pizza: 1590 Ft, hamburger: 1190 Ft, lunch menu: 880 Ft.
- 15 Tudatos Vegán Konyha, Kölcsey utca 3, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 10:00–18:00, Sa 11:00–14:00. Vegan restaurant. 1490 Ft, lunch menu: 1690 Ft.
Outside the downtown:
- 16 Ambrózia Restaurant, Szent Flórián tér 4, Kiskanizsa (Kiskanizsa, Szent Flórián tér 6, 16), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 11:30–19:30. Traditional restaurant. 1720 Ft, lunch menu: 920 Ft.
- 17 Horváth Kert Restaurant, Tersánczky utca 15 (Szabadhegy bejárati út ), ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 12:00–21:00, Su 12:00–16:00. Traditional restaurant. 1600 Ft.
- 18 Lilla Pizzeria, Alkotmány út 195/a (Palin, lakótelep, bejárati út 2), ☏ . M–Sa 09:00–22:00. Pizzeria with some traditional food. 1530 Ft, pizza: 1270 Ft, hamburger: 850 Ft.
- 19 Nono Pizzeria, Teleki utca 3, ☏ . M–Th 11:00–22:00, F Sa 11:00–23:00, Su 11:00–21:00. Pizzeria and fast food bar. Pizza: 1390 Ft, hamburger: 1190 Ft.
- 20 Ping-Win Szeráj, Attila utca 6 (Attila utca - Rózsa utca 4, 14), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 24 hours daily. Pizzeria and fast food bar. Pizza: 1490 Ft, hamburger: 850 Ft.
Inside the downtown:
- 21 Bankpalota Restaurant, Fő út 16, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th Su 11:00–22:00, F Sa 11:00–23:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria. 1900 Ft, pizza: 1150 Ft, lunch menu: 950 Ft.
- 22 Bíbor Bistro, Petőfi Sándor utca 1, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 07:00–23:00, F 07:00–02:00, Sa 08:00–02:00, Su 09:00–23:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria. 2860 Ft, pizza: 1980 Ft, lunch menu: 1430 Ft.
- 23 Chef of the Street, Erzsébet tér 20, ☏ . M–Th 10:00–22:00, F Sa 10:00–23:00. Fast food bar. 2390 Ft, hamburger: 1290 Ft.
- 24 Garden Pizzeria and Pub, Sugár út 5, ☏ . M–Th Su 10:00–22:00, F Sa 10:00–23:00. Pizzeria. Pizza: 1890 Ft.
- 25 Kis Halas Studio Restaurant, Eötvös tér 23, ☏ . Tu Sa 11:00–15:00, W–F 11:00–21:00. Restaurant with food made by fish. 2790 Ft.
- 26 Knysa, Erzsébet tér 17, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th Su 08:00–22:00, F Sa 08:00–00:00. Mediterranean restaurant. 2480 Ft.
- 27 Medgyaszay Restaurant, Sugár út 5, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 11:00–21:00, Su 11:00–15:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. Lunch menu: 1050 Ft.
- 28 Robinson Pub and Pizzeria, Deák Ferenc tér 10, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 11:00–23:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria with specialties like beef stew with red wine, mushroom and dödölle. 2030 Ft, pizza: 1650 Ft, hamburger: 1390 Ft, lunch menu: 1050 Ft.
Outside the downtown:
- 29 Bianka Restaurant and Pizzeria, Zemplén Győző utca 8 (Városkapu körút 4, 6, 14), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 10:00–22:00, Sa Su 11:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria. 1800 Ft, pizza: 1590 Ft.
- 30 Csányi Restaurant, Petőfi utca 25, Zalasárszeg, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Th 11:00–21:00, F Sa 11:00–22:00, Su 11:00–20:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine and specialties like deer stew with dödölle. 2190 Ft.
- 31 Il Gusto Pizza and Pub, Teleki utca 20, ☏ . 11:00–21:00. Pizzeria. 2990 Ft, pizza: 1990 Ft.
- 32 Lorenzo Pizzeria, Teleki utca 66, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 11:00–21:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria. 2500 Ft, pizza: 1700 Ft.
- 33 Maestro Restaurant and Pizzeria, Rózsa utca 6 (Attila utca - Rózsa utca 4, 14), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th 11:00–22:00, F Sa 11:00–24:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria. 1830 Ft, pizza: 1540 Ft, hamburger: 740 Ft, lunch menu 890 Ft.
Inside the downtown:
- 1 Cool Tour Terasse, Erzsébet tér 18. 09:00–22:00.
- 2 ÉdessÉgbolt, Erzsébet tér 20, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 10:00–17:00, Sa 08:00–12:00. Confectionery.
- 3 Gerő Confectionery, Fő út 3, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th Su 07:00–20:30, F–Sa 07:00–22:00.
- 4 Jágó Club Cafe, Fő út 7, ☏ . M–Th 08:00–22:00, F 08:00–03:00, Sa 09:00–03:00, Su 13:00–22:00.
- 5 Netkávézó, Platán sor 1, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 09:00–20:00, F–Sa 09:00–22:00.
- 6 Norma Coffee Club, Erzsébet tér 20, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 07:30–19:00, Sa 08:00–16:00.
- 7 Sissy Confectionery, Vásár utca 17, ☏ . Tu–Su 07:00–14:00.
- 8 Süni Cafe, Erzsébet tér 2, ☏ . M–Th 07:00–20:00, F–Sa 07:00–00:00.
- 9 Szilágyi Confectionery, Zrínyi Miklós utca 37, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 08:00–20:00, Su 09:00–20:00.
Outside the downtown:
- 10 Adél Ice Cream Shop, Kossuth Lajos utca 97/b, Gelse, ☏ . M–Sa 06:00–21:00, Su 07:00–21:00.
- 11 Ági Ice Cream Shop, Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 82, Kiskanizsa (Kiskanizsa, szepetneki elágazás 6), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Apr–Sep: 11:00–18:00.
- 12 Fortuna Confectionery, Zemplén Győző utca 2/a (Rózsa utca 4, 6, 14), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 06:00–17:00, Sa 06:00–14:00.
- 13 Puncs Ice Cream Shop, Homokkomáromi utca 2/a, Kiskanizsa (Kiskanizsa, Templom tér 4, 6, 16), ☏ . Apr–Sep: 10:00–18:00.
- 14 Süti Butik, Ady Endre utca 3 (Petőfi utca, víztorony 20, 21), ☏ . M–F 07:30–19:00, Sa 09:00–19:00, Su 09:00–14:00. Confectionery.
Inside the downtown:
- 15 Baur Pub, Eötvös tér 9. M–Th 06:30–22:30, F 06:30–02:30, Sa 08:00–02:30, Su 17:00–22:00.
- 16 Clutch Pub, Erzsébet tér 20, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Th 09:00–00:00, F–Sa 09:00–03:00.
- 17 City Presszó, Sabján Gyula utca 6. M–F 05:00–22:00, Sa 07:00–22:00.
- 18 Cserebogár Bar, Ady Endre utca 2, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Th 12:00–22:00, F 12:00–00:00, Sa 16:00–00:00.
- 19 Király Presszó, Király utca 32. M–Th 07:00–21:00, F 07:00–02:00, Sa 08:00–12:00, Sa 19:00–02:00.
- 20 Kóbor-ló Presszó, Széchenyi tér 11, ☏ . M–Sa 09:00–21:00.
- 21 Malibu Eszpresszó, Erzsébet tér 20, ☏ . M–Th 09:00–21:00, F 09:00–02:00, Sa 09:00–12:00 18:00–02:00.
- 22 Monostori Pub (Monostori Borozó), Eötvös tér 5, ☏ . M–Th 09:00–22:00, F 09:00–02:00, Sa 17:00–02:00.
Outside the downtown:
- 23 Hangulat Presszó, Kossuth Lajos utca 90, Zalaszentbalázs, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 06:30–21:00, Sa Su 07:00–21:00.
- 24 Hegyi Manók Betérője, Kossuth Lajos utca 187, Zalaszentbalázs, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 07:00–21:00, Su 08:00–20:00.
- 25 Horgász Presszó, Zemplén Győző utca 8/a (Városkapu körút 4, 6, 14), ☏ . M–Th Su 06:00–22.00, F–Sa 06:00–23.00.
- 26 Milánó Cafe and Pub, Deák Ferenc utca 14, Hahót, ☏ . M–Th Su 10:00–22:00, F–Sa 10:00–02:00.
- 27 Récsei Pub, Kossuth utca 95, Nagyrécse, ☏ . 06:00–22:00.
- 28 Rózsa Presszó, Alkotmány utca 71, Palin (Palin, Alkotmány utca 65. 2), ☏ . M–Th 07:00–22:30, F–Sa 07:00–23:00, Su 08:00–22:00. Lunch break: 12:00–15:00.
- 29 Rózsaszín Párduc Presszó, Fő út 5, Sormás, ☏ . Mo–Th 08:00–22:00, F–Sa 08:00–00:00, Su 10:00–22:00.
- 30 Teleki Pub, Teleki utca 118 (Víztorony (Teleki utca) 6, 10, 20, 21), ☏ . M–Th 06:30–21:00 F 06:30–23:00, Sa Su 08:30–23:00.
Bars and nightclubs
- 31 Club Instant, Eötvös tér 9/a, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. F Sa 22:00–05:00. Nightclub. Entrance fee: 1000 Ft–2000 Ft.
- 32 Kanizsa Club, Balatoni út 2, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sa 22:00–05:00. Nightclub. Entrance fee: 1500 Ft.
- 33 Plakátház Pub and Terrace, Erzsébet tér 14–15. M–Th 16:00–00:00, F–Sa 16:00–03:00, Su 16:00–22:00.
- 34 Rush Club, Eötvös tér 27. Sa 22:00–05:00. Entrance fee: 1500 Ft.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
|Budget||Under 9000 Ft|
|Mid-range||9000 Ft–11,000 Ft|
|Splurge||Over 11,100 Ft|
Close to the downtown:
- 1 Hegyi Guesthouse, Sikátor utca 1, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 5 rooms with WiFi, private parking. Double room: 7500 Ft.
- 2 Hotel Bella, Magyar utca 37, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Single room: 3000 Ft, double room: 6000 Ft.
- 3 Pannon Uni Hostel (Pannon Egyetem Kollégiuma), Zárda utca 7/a, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Room with common/own shower: 3200 Ft/3700 Ft per guest, 6400 Ft/7400 Ft for two guests. Discounts when stay for more than a week.
In outer area:
- 4 Cserfa Guesthouse, Cserfa utca 5, Kiskanizsa (Kiskanizsa, Bornemissza utca 4), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 6 rooms. 4500 Ft, double room: 7100 Ft.
- 5 Herkules Guesthouse, Herkules utca 90, Palin (Palin, Újtelep 2), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. 8 rooms with TV, WiFi, bathroom and toilet. Single room: 5700 Ft, double room: 6400 Ft.
- 6 Kertész Rózsa Guesthouse, Haladás utca 19, Kiskanizsa (Kiskanizsa, Bornemissza utca 4), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 4 rooms with TV and WiFi. Single room: 3500 Ft, double room: 6000 Ft.
- 7 Napsugár Guesthouse, Dózsa György utca 7, Újudvar, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Single room: 6000 Ft, double room: 8000 Ft.
- 8 Nyírfás Camping and Motel, Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 118, Kiskanizsa (Kiskanizsa, Rozmaring utca 6), ☏ . 6 rooms in the motel. Services: flush toilet, Pets are allowed, hot and cold water shower, laundry facilities, electrical connection, camper drain, cooking facilities, hot and cold water sink, private parking, freezer pack-cooling, playground. Well-equipped kitchen. Horse riding, bicycle rental. 40 m² children's pool. Single room: 2700 Ft, double room: 5400 Ft.
- 9 Pelikán Guesthouse, Haladás utca 9, Kiskanizsa (Kiskanizsa, Bornemissza utca 4), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 5 rooms with cable TV, WiFi and private parking. Common kitchen with microwave, fridge and coffee machine. Double room: 6000 Ft.
- 10 Sándor Cserháti Student Hostel (Nagykanizsai SzC Cserháti Sándor Szakképző Iskolája és Kollégiuma), Ady Endre utca 74/a (Cserháti szakközépiskola 18), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Room with common shower: 3000 Ft per guest, 6000 Ft for two guests.
Close to the downtown:
- 11 Allegro Guesthouse, Batthyány utca 2, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 4 rooms. Double room: 9900 Ft.
- 12 Király Guesthouse, Király utca 29, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 9 rooms with bathroom and air conditioning. Free parking and WiFi. Single room: 8000 Ft, double room: 10,000 Ft.
- 13 Marika Guesthouse, Sugár út 45, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 7 rooms with shower, toilet, TV, private car parking, WiFi. Single room: 7000 Ft, double room: 10,000 Ft. Off season 15–20% discount.
- 14 Oázis Aparthotel, Magyar utca 19, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 16 rooms and 7 apartments with private bathroom, toilet, TV, fridge, air conditioning, WiFi. Single room: 7690 Ft, double room: 9950 Ft.
- 15 Touring Hotel, Attila utca 4, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 40 rooms with private shower and toilets, optional TV, common kitchen. Single room: 7200 Ft, double room: 9600 Ft. Off season 6–12% discount.
In outer area:
- 16 Ambrózia Guesthouse, Pivári utca 4, Kiskanizsa (Kiskanizsa, Bajcsy-Zs. utca 13. / Varasdi utca 4, 6, 16), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 5 rooms with bathroom, shower, wash basin, toilet, WiFi, towels and sheets are provided. In the corridor fridge, freezer and microwave. Private parking, playground. Single room: 5900 Ft, double room: 8400 Ft.
- 17 Globus Guesthouse, Arany János utca 14, Sormás, ☏ . Single room: 5500 Ft, double room: 9000 Ft.
- 18 Hotel Mini, Felsőerdő utca 93, Palin (Palin, Újtelep 2), ☏ , fax: . 9 rooms and apartments with TV and private bathroom. Single room: 5400 Ft, double room: 9000 Ft.
- 19 Krisztina Guesthouse, Szekeres József utca 64 (Víztorony (Teleki utca) 6, 10, 20, 21), ☏ . 4 rooms with bathroom, fridge, TV, air conditioning and private parking. Single room: 6000 Ft, double room: 9800 Ft.
- 20 Sport Hostel (Mindenki Sportpályája és Sportszálló), Kaán Károly utca (Víztorony (Teleki utca) 6, 10, 20, 21), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Snack bar: M–Sa 10:00–22:00, Su 10:00–20:00. 12 rooms with TV. Common fridge, bathroom and toilet. Single room: 6500 Ft, double room: 10,000 Ft.
Close to the downtown:
- 21 Galéria Guesthouse, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10 rooms and apartments with kitchen. Services: WiFi, television, air condition, tub in the bath. Single room: 8700 Ft, double room: 12,600 Ft.
- 22 Hotel Central, Erzsébet tér 23, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 50 rooms with bathroom, TV, minibar, telephone, WiFi Single room: 13,000 Ft, double room: 16,000 Ft. Breakfast included.
- 23 Hugi Guesthouse, Király utca 7, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. 8 rooms with tv, air conditioning, private car parking, WiFi. Single room: 7500 Ft, double room: 10,500 Ft.
In outer area:
- 24 Berényi Inn, Táncsics Mihály utca 48, Nagyrécse, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Restaurant: 24 hours daily. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria with local cuisine and with specialties like dödölle. Single room: 15,860 Ft, double room: 18,280 Ft, average meal: 3000 Ft, pizza: 1690 Ft.
- 25 Hotel König, Űrhajós utca 1 (Napraforgó tér 8, 20, 21), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Restaurant: 07:00–22:00. 36 rooms with private bathroom, air conditioning, WiFi, satellite TV, telephone and minibar. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. Single room: 12,500 Ft, double room: 17,000 Ft, average meal: 2100 Ft, lunch menu: 950 Ft.
- 26 Hubertus Hunting House, Kerülő dűlő, Újudvar, ☏ . Single room: 7000 Ft, double room: 11,200 Ft.
- 27 István Hotel and Restaurant, Sormás, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Restaurant: 11:00-23:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria with local cuisine and specialties like dödölle (roasted potato dumplings) with sour cream. Single room: 15,000 Ft, double room: 19,500 Ft, average meal: 2600 Ft.
- 28 Korona Hotel (Korona Szálló), Csónakázó-tó (Sánc, Csónakázó-tó, bejárati út 10), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 19 rooms with shower, toilet, sink, hair dryer, satellite TV, refrigerator, towels and WiFi. Outdoor cooking facilities, sizeable free parking next to the hotel even for buses. 24 hour reception, bar, restaurant (partially active), safe service. Conference room up to fifty people. Single room: 8000 Ft, double room: 12,600 Ft. All room price include buffet breakfast.
- 29 Platanus Restaurant and Guesthouse, Garay utca 21 (Petőfi utca, víztorony 20, 21), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Restaurant: M–Th 08:00–21:00, F 08:00–23:00, Sa 10:00–23:00. 7 rooms with bathroom and WiFi. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine and specialties like beef stew with dödölle. Single room: 8200 Ft, double room: 13,200 Ft. Breakfast included. Average meal: 1890 Ft, lunch menu: 950 Ft.
- 30 Régi Csárda and Guesthouse, Magyarszerdahely, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Restaurant: Tu–Th 11:00–21:00, F–Sa 11:00–22:00, Su 11:00–18:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. Single room: 8400 Ft, double room: 11,400 Ft, average meal: 2350 Ft.
- 31 Vineyard Inn and Szőlőskert Restaurant, Szőlősgazda utca 1 (Sánc, Csónakázó-tó, bejárati út 10), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Restaurant: 11:00–22:00. 10 rooms with bathroom, air conditioning, LCD TV, WiFi. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine and specialties like wild boar stew with chanterelles, potato dumplings. Single room: 14,000 Ft, double room: 16,000 Ft. Breakfast included. Average meal: 3025 Ft.
Nagykanizsa's postal code is H-8800, and its telephone area code is 93.
- 2 István Halis City Library (Halis István Városi könyvtár), Kálvin tér 5, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M W F 13:00–18:30, Tu 09:00–16:00, Th 09:00–18:30, Sa 09:00–13:00. Adult: 700 Ft per year, student: 350 Ft per year (including 5 hours internet usage per week).
- 3 Nagykanizsa 1 Post Office, Ady Endre utca 10, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:00–19:00, Sa 08:00–12:00.
- 4 Nagykanizsa 2 Post Office, Ady Endre utca 67 (Vasútállomás 18), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 08:00–12:00, M–F 12:30–16:00.
- Csurgó – town 27 km (17 mi) south
- Letenye – town 28 km (17 mi) west
- Marcali – town 43 km (27 mi) east
- Nagyatád – town 52 km (32 mi) southeast
- Pacsa – small town 32 km (20 mi) north
- Zalaegerszeg – city 52 km (32 mi) north
- Zalakaros – town with famous thermal spa 18 km (11 mi) northeast
|Routes through Nagykanizsa|
|Zagreb ← Gyékényes ←||W E||→ Fonyód → Budapest|
|Becomes ← Letenye ←||W E||→ Fonyód → Budapest|
|END ←||W E||→ Junction → Kaposvár → Dunaföldvár|
|Vasvár ← Zalaegerszeg ← Junction ←||N S||→ END|