Western Transdanubia (Hungarian: Nyugat-Dunántúl) is a region in western Hungary.
- 1 Győr – there are many cafés, restaurants, boutiques, and night clubs in its lovely baroque city center, center of Győr–Moson–Sopron County
- 2 Körmend
- 3 Kőszeg – a historic town on the Austrian border
- 4 Mosonmagyaróvár – a thermal spa and destistry town
- 5 Nagykanizsa
- 6 Sárvár
- 7 Sopron – a bilingual town on the Austrian border
- 8 Szombathely – former Roman colony, center of Vas County
- 9 Zalaegerszeg – center of Zala County
- 1 Fertő-Hanság National Park – Fertő Lake a cultural landscape on the UNESCO World Heritage List
- Írottkő Nature Park
- 2 Őrségi National Park
Northern Transdanubia (Budapest-Tatabánya-Győr-Mosonmagyaróvár rail line) directly connected with Vienna (eight per day, 'SparSchiene' ticket from €13 (one way), 2014). Special ticket prices for direct trains toward west to Salzburg (eight per day), and Innsbruck (twice a day, RW ticket from €89 ). EURegio Spezial tickets arw valid for daily one return trip, from Monday to next Monday 09:00 any train (on the given routes). Győr-Vienna-Győr: €49.
Northern Transdanubia, (Budapest-Tatabánya-Győr-Mosonmagyaróvár rail line,) directly connected with Munich (five per day, one of night train, one-way ticket from €29, 2014), and from Frankfurt (6 hours), via Stuttgart 'railjet' trains (weekly two, from €49, 2014) or daily more with change at Vienna.
Some bus lines pass this region: see on the homepage of Volánbusz, which is the national bus company and also the local Eurolines representation.Orangeways bus company, T.:+36 30 830-9696, offers cheap tickets between Győr and Berlin, Cologne, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich.
- From Nagykanizsa train departs to Zagreb in Croatia (daily, 3 hours)
- Take 'Citadella' InterCity express, IC 246/247, stop at Székesfehérvár, Veszprém, Zalaegerszeg to Murska Sobota, (Slovenia), Ptuj, (Slovenia) , Maribor (Slovenia)
- 'Istria express', 1246/1247 take it at Székesfehérvár or Veszprém or Zalaegerszeg to Ljubljana (Slovenia) and Koper (Slovenia)
Slovakia and Czech Republic
From Győr start buses to Bratislava in Slovakia with Cseh-busz one way/return Ft 3000/5000, three per day, 1 hour and Praha in Czech Republic (one way/return Ft 6000/11000 three per day, 5½ hour, <2014>) See Volan bus company site.
- 1 Őrség National Park (Őrség Nemzeti Park) (southwestern part of Vas County). Folk architecture, arboretums, castle garden, etc.